Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743233 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24900 on: March 07, 2022, 01:59:38 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/3/7/2084389/-Documentary-featuring-Roger-Stone-is-an-embarrassment-of-riches-for-Jan-6-probe

The Jan 6th staff and DOJ are already dissecting all the unedited masters. It should help with presentations to the public and to juries.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24901 on: March 07, 2022, 02:21:30 PM »

Bush the younger was very much faith based.

Surrounded by a bunch of liars and thugs from the C Street Family.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 02:28:21 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24902 on: March 07, 2022, 02:27:48 PM »

Today Dr Charles Stanley talked about looking to God as we make decisions, and following God's plan for our lives instead of following the lives we think that we want. And sometimes God leads us down a road that God wants for us to go down, instead of the road that we want.

Religion forum is over there.

If God wants those people in Ukraine to suffer, instead of the road we want, to Hell with him!

Religion is very much a part of what America is all about, and I am sure that Biden looks to God for guidance, and the same with George W. Bush, and others. And Rubio is a Christian.

Many world leaders look to God for guidance.

And on the issue of the Ukraine, here is what the Bible says...

Psalm 82:3-4 New International Version (NIV)

3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
    uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
    deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

And I am sure that Biden knows that passage from the Bible.

And I support helping the good Russians, as we also help the people of Ukraine. I think that the Russians are going to pour into Alaska. I think a lot of Russians are going to come to Alaska.

We need to help all good people. I do not support the suffering of the poor people for no reason.

And Biden reads the same Bible that I do.

Salute,

Tony V.

Do not be a sucker.

White Christian Evangelicals follow a perverted ideology Jesus would not recognize.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03/putin-and-doomsday-the-far-rights-fascination-with-the-apocalypse
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24904 on: March 07, 2022, 09:16:10 PM »

Want a friend?
Get a dog.

Want two friends?
Get two dogs.

You, and the dog/s...one happy family.
Canine friends are better than human friends.
People thought Putin was their friend, look how that turned out.
People thought Russia was their friend, look how that turned out
Putin is just one person in Russia.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 09:25:28 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24905 on: March 07, 2022, 09:39:38 PM »

Canine friends are better than human friends.

I've had canine friends.

I've had human friends.

While canine friends are less likely to screw you over, they are more likely to die much sooner than you do.

While canine friends may be likelier to protect you from physical danger, they cannot talk. They can listen only with sympathy and not understanding.

My experience of humans is very different from yours, Bambu, despite my having been very badly hurt - and having very badly hurt others, though that was not my goal.

I have saved others lives. Some of those have gone on to do the same.

I have touched the lives of hundreds and more likely thousands, in very distinct and positive ways.

I am sorry that your experience has taught you not only to steer clear of humans but to think that your experiences mean everybody should follow your example.

I know that not everybody could do as I did, let alone want to. But some can and for those it is important that they understand that people are not as uniformly uncaring and callous as you would have them believe.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24906 on: March 08, 2022, 07:49:33 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/3/7/2084441/--Truckers-convoy-protest-circles-D-C-Beltway-a-couple-of-times-searching-for-something-to-protest

KOS!!!!!!!

One participant reported that someone in an SUV driving past the convoy was  causing shit, so the truckers decided to box him in on the freeway, eventually forcing the SUV to a complete stop.  Those are people that are paid by people like George Soros, he said.

heh
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 08:59:16 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24907 on: March 08, 2022, 08:49:48 AM »

Although the number of truly independent swing voters has declined over the past half century, they can still provide the margin between electoral victory and defeat at a time when the two party coalitions are so closely balanced. And after moving toward Democrats in the 2018 and 2020 elections largely because of their distaste for Donald Trump, independents are now giving Biden job ratings in both state and national polls nearly as low as they ever provided Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/08/politics/biden-polling-independents/index.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24908 on: March 08, 2022, 08:50:17 AM »

might be time for a 2022 election subheader

kidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24910 on: March 08, 2022, 12:38:51 PM »

If anyone wonders (and I'm certain nobody cares) why I choose not to engage here anymore, just look to the post previous to this one. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24911 on: March 08, 2022, 12:53:51 PM »

As more refugees and immigrants come to the USA, and as we help the homeless, and as we grow and expand, here are some thoughts...

In Anaheim the founders of the city worked together as a team, and they passed down a city where we the people own the electric company, and other assets, and we sell electricity to Disneyland, etc, and some of the money earned goes into a General Fund to be used by the people however we want and some of the money goes towards helping the homeless people, etc.

Along that same line of thinking, instead of buying one satellite dish for television reception for one household, then it would be better to buy a satellite dish and put it on a hill and then run cables to all of the people in the town and then let everyone in town use the same satellite dish and they can all pay for the service and the money can go into maintenance for the service plus some money can go into a General Fund to be used by the people however they want.

Instead of the water company, and the electric company, and the cable television company, etc, being owned by greedy profit making companies, those companies should instead be owned by the people, and some of the money can go towards helping the homeless, etc. Like we do in Anaheim with our electric company.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:57:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24912 on: March 08, 2022, 01:29:05 PM »

If anyone wonders (and I'm certain nobody cares) why I choose not to engage here anymore, just look to the post previous to this one.

When you buy a ticket to ride the internet express....well, you know.
Is this site classed as "social media"?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24913 on: March 08, 2022, 02:08:01 PM »

FWIW, I thought your contributions here added something.  I screen out the child carter, when he goes into insinuation mode. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24914 on: March 08, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »

When you buy a ticket to ride the internet express....well, you know.
Is this site classed as "social media"?

Do not worry. You can still be antisocial here. No one takes you seriously no matter what you chose to post.
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 2918