Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1690 1691 [1692] 1693 1694 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742190 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25366 on: March 27, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »

Elections have consequences.

States led by Republican governors and legislatures have been overwhelmingly more successful at bringing their respective state economic recovery before those governed by Democrats, according to an analysis of the February statebystate unemployment data from the Department of Labor.

Through February, 15 of the top 20 states led by Republican governors are doing a better job versus those led by Democrats governors. And 17 of the top 20 recovering states have Republican-controlled legislatures

100% of the states successfully recovering from the Trump/COVID recession are led by a Democratic President. That is 50 out of 50. Elections have consequences indeed.

President Biden approval rating has reached a new low, according to an NBC News poll released Today.

Biden overall approval rating declined to 40 percent in the survey, which found that 55 percent of respondents did not approve of how he is doing as president.

In a January NBC News poll, Biden job approval stood at 43 percent while 54 percent did not approve of his performance.

Holly Martins

« Reply #25367 on: March 27, 2022, 12:04:58 PM »

States led by Republican governors and legislatures have been overwhelmingly more successful at bringing their respective state economic recovery before those governed by Democrats, according to an analysis of the February statebystate unemployment data from the Department of Labor.

Through February, 15 of the top 20 states led by Republican governors are doing a better job versus those led by Democrats governors. And 17 of the top 20 recovering states have Republican-controlled legislatures

100% of the states successfully recovering from the Trump/COVID recession are led by a Democratic President. That is 50 out of 50. Elections have consequences indeed.

Since "more successful" isn't defined in the quote, we have no idea what is being compared, or what other factors outside of partisan affiliation, are in play (do red states get more federal funds per capita, for example?).  This shows again why pull quotes aren't reasoned argument.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #25368 on: March 27, 2022, 12:10:24 PM »

And are GOP led states more agriculture based economies, which are protected by subsidies and the fact that everybody has to eat?  Ward isn't good with pesky details.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25369 on: March 27, 2022, 01:04:30 PM »

Since "more successful" isn't defined in the quote, we have no idea what is being compared, or what other factors outside of partisan affiliation, are in play (do red states get more federal funds per capita, for example?).  This shows again why pull quotes aren't reasoned argument.
It is free to contact the US Department of Labor for detailed comparisons.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25370 on: March 27, 2022, 01:19:17 PM »

Notes on the NBC BIden poll numbers.

Biden approval rating among Black respondents in the poll dropped two percentage points to 62%, while women respondents dropped from 51% approve to 44%.

The president  approval among Latinos also dropped 9 points to 39%, and it dropped 4 points among independent voters to 32%.

His  rating on the economy is also down 5 points, with only 33% saying they approve of his performance on that issue, 38% blame the president for rising inflation, which hit 7.9% in February.

Only 28% of respondents said they have either a great deal or quite a bit  of confidence in Biden  handling of the Russia-Ukraine crisis, and a whopping 44% said they have very littleconfidence in the president.

Maybe it is time his handlers stopped him from conducting news conferences.
He might do better sticking to a careful script and let his aides and generals fill in the details.

His comments on Russian regime change and chemical weapons use were downright stupid.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25371 on: March 27, 2022, 01:53:25 PM »

The homelessness crisis is going to be spot-lighted in tonight's Oscars thanks to a short film...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/oscar-nominated-short-film-lead-me-home-spotlights-las-homeless-crisis/ar-AAVlpmr

And I am sure Ukraine will be mentioned many times, and I am sure people will talk about the need for Putin to stop, and for the world to help the refugees.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25372 on: March 27, 2022, 02:43:58 PM »

Tonight is our night here in Hollywood, it is all about an industry that we built here in Hollywood. I would love to dress up and go to the Oscars, and then go to the parties after the Oscars. When I worked for Suzanne Pleshette I was friends with Norby Walters and he used to throw an Oscar party called "Night of 100 Stars" and I always wanted to go to Norby's parties, he was a great guy. It would be great to dress up, get a hot date, and go to the Oscars and to the parties afterwards.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25373 on: March 27, 2022, 03:01:11 PM »

Here is a photo of my former boss, Suzanne Pleshette, I worked for her in 1999 watching her front door and parking the cars. I met a lot of stars on that job, Zsa Zsa Gabor used to come hang out with Suzanne Pleshette all of the time, the building was full of stars and stars were always coming to visit. This is a photo of Suzanne Pleshette with James Garner, James Garner lived in Malibu, I saw him at Paradise Cove several times when I went there for breakfast.

The building where Suzanne Pleshette lived is named "Empire West" and I am sure there is a party atmosphere there right now.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 03:04:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25374 on: March 27, 2022, 05:01:28 PM »

Eric Adams truly fucked it up with his preferential treatment plan for Covid Rules in the Big Apple. Wonder how much cash he took for making that decision?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25375 on: March 27, 2022, 05:45:47 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25376 on: March 27, 2022, 06:08:04 PM »

President Biden approval rating has reached a new low, according to an NBC News poll released Today.

Biden overall approval rating declined to 40 percent in the survey, which found that 55 percent of respondents did not approve of how he is doing as president.

In a January NBC News poll, Biden job approval stood at 43 percent while 54 percent did not approve of his performance.

It is nice to know President Biden, the best Jobs President in US history, is still running well ahead of the republican party and and of the inbred mouth breathing idiots it can put forward to challenge him.

As we lock up more republican incumbents good government will continue to flourish in this country despite the best efforts of Rupert Murdoch and Vladimir Putin, the fathers of modern American conservatism.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25377 on: March 27, 2022, 07:07:25 PM »

Cycle to work, save the planet.
Lovely...until the chain breaks or comes off.
Or it starts to rain.
...and you're 10 miles out from your destination.

Before starting in the workforce proper, I was sent to work at the post office for 2 weeks end on Nov, Christmas mail just starting.
2 weeks of sheer misery...sorting then delivering mail by bicycle...steep hills everywhere.
100F every day first week, pouring rain every day second week.
Turned me off bicycles for life.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:16:02 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25378 on: March 27, 2022, 07:41:07 PM »

Cycle to work, save the planet.
Lovely...until the chain breaks or comes off.
Or it starts to rain.
...and you're 10 miles out from your destination.

Before starting in the workforce proper, I was sent to work at the post office for 2 weeks end on Nov, Christmas mail just starting.
2 weeks of sheer misery...sorting then delivering mail by bicycle...steep hills everywhere.
100F every day first week, pouring rain every day second week.
Turned me off bicycles for life.

Lazy bastard!

LOL
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1690 1691 [1692] 1693 1694 ... 2918