Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742477 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25815 on: April 09, 2022, 05:53:17 PM »

Has President Joe Biden abolished all the death chambers in America yet?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #25817 on: April 09, 2022, 06:01:08 PM »

Biden has halted all federal executions since taking office. He does not have any authority to end state executions.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25818 on: April 09, 2022, 06:14:17 PM »

Are you really this stupid, Bambu?

Biden doesn't have that power.

He doesn't even have the power to abolish the death penalty for federal crimes, though he has influence on whether the death penalty is sought or followed through on. (As Yank noted above!) The DoJ makes that call - and did such that there were no federal executions for 17 years, until AG William Barr restarted the execution process. The US federal government executed several people from then to now. During the period of Trump's presidency, 13 people were killed, the last six after Trump lost the election, including three the week before Biden's inauguration. None have been executed since then.

But the states do the majority of executions - 27 currently have the death penalty, 3 of which have a moratorium imposed by their governors. They executed 11 people in 2021 and 3 so far this year.

Currently, there are 44 federal death row prisoners. The US military also has the death penalty, but uses it less than either the feds or the states.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/07/01/biden-administration-orders-halt-on-federal-executions-after-surge-under-trump/?sh=3b64e5f16e63
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25819 on: April 09, 2022, 06:47:25 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25820 on: April 09, 2022, 07:08:16 PM »

Trump lost because he is racist against the Latinos and he offended the Mexicans, and Trump also offended the women with his "Grab them by the pussy" comment. Trump is racist, he is sexist, and Trump does not understand what America is all about.

Salute,

Tony V.

Well...first he won.  Then we prospered.  Then...

That was the only administration to cost Americans wealth and jobs while leaving them with more crime and shorter lifespans at the end of the day.

Since you have never prospered, it is reasonable to assume you do not actually know what prosper means.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25821 on: April 09, 2022, 08:25:11 PM »

Biden has halted all federal executions since taking office. He does not have any authority to end state executions.

Thanx.
He should be commended for that.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25822 on: April 09, 2022, 09:51:51 PM »

Are you really this stupid, Bambu?

Biden doesn't have that power.

He doesn't even have the power to abolish the death penalty for federal crimes, though he has influence on whether the death penalty is sought or followed through on. (As Yank noted above!) The DoJ makes that call - and did such that there were no federal executions for 17 years, until AG William Barr restarted the execution process. The US federal government executed several people from then to now. During the period of Trump's presidency, 13 people were killed, the last six after Trump lost the election, including three the week before Biden's inauguration. None have been executed since then.

But the states do the majority of executions - 27 currently have the death penalty, 3 of which have a moratorium imposed by their governors. They executed 11 people in 2021 and 3 so far this year.

Currently, there are 44 federal death row prisoners. The US military also has the death penalty, but uses it less than either the feds or the states.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/07/01/biden-administration-orders-halt-on-federal-executions-after-surge-under-trump/?sh=3b64e5f16e63

Thanx for that info.
Very helpful.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25823 on: April 09, 2022, 10:42:01 PM »

That was a heartening and optimistic report on the political situation in Australia, bambi.

Thanks. I hope you are right about the Scummo days being numbered. Your country has a lot of potential that can be realized with saner and more capable leadership than you have now.

It'll be fun times with the leftist Opposition leader and his motley crew in power, there is a photo of him published recently smiling as he hugged his "Communist Manifesto" book.
*Everything* is gonna be free. lol
I should send him a copy of my latest book (un-published)...""How to ruin a country without even trying."

Subtitle of your unpublished book:

Vote Republican
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25824 on: April 09, 2022, 11:32:39 PM »

Politics is about language, and who takes ownership of the language. Doubt that? Read this: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/capital-b-black-styleguide.php

Can't help but think of Animal Farm and Orwell's warnings: They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.

This all makes for a good start, but it will mean nothing if white Americans don

A good start?

How?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25826 on: April 10, 2022, 10:10:21 AM »

Politics is about language, and who takes ownership of the language. Doubt that? Read this: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/capital-b-black-styleguide.php

Can't help but think of Animal Farm and Orwell's warnings: They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.

This all makes for a good start, but it will mean nothing if white Americans don

A good start?

How?

This all makes for a good start, but it will mean nothing if white Americans dont make an effort to understand the whys and wherefores - which is to say, the history that delivered us to this precise point in time. That, of course, will be a taller order than simply asking them to capitalize one little letter.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 10:12:25 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25827 on: April 10, 2022, 02:08:23 PM »

If we want to have an educated society then we need to reward education. If you are hiring for a company and if you see on the application that the prospective employee took the time and did the work of going to college, then those people need to be rewarded. The people who go to college need to have a fast track to the high paying management jobs.

As people work, and gain experience, and as they go to college and study, then they make themselves more valuable as employees.

I met a deaf guy at the train station who said he loves to work, and he said that if he ended up homeless again that he was going to start killing people. People who are honest, and who love to work, need to be able to make honest money, and they should not be out there homeless.

The people who are honest, and who work hard, need to be rewarded by the gate-keepers who do the hiring, and by the leaders who do the promoting.

I am going to rise to the top and be a gate-keeper, and I will reward the people who study. I will hire the graduates from Harvard, and I will hire the people who took the time to train at the AADA, etc. I will get workers from the film schools, etc, I will reward the people who took the time to train and learn.

We will see, I still have a lot to learn, and I will need a lot of good luck. And I need to walk with wise people, I need to be blessed to have wise people in my life. And I would be very lucky if I can find a smart wife who is into the same stuff I am into.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25828 on: April 10, 2022, 02:14:14 PM »

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/across-pa/anti-biden-stickers-gas-pumps-land-pa-man-jail-report

Sounds like if the man hadn't either made the stickers harder to remove or then resisted arrest, he might have gotten off lightly.

But by making them more difficult to get off he increased the level of vandalism. And then he resisted.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25829 on: April 10, 2022, 03:29:33 PM »

When I was young one of my heroes was Lee Iacocca, and I read his book on Leadership, and in his book he said that it is a blessing to be born poor, because then you appreciate wealth more, and you understand the blessing that money and success brings. If you were born poor then the hard work really seems all the more worthwhile after you achieve success. The success is sweeter if you were born poor.

Roy Rogers told me the same thing. He said that you need to go through the hard times so that you appreciate the good times.

The secret is not to become bitter and hardened from the hard times, you need to be able to forget about the hard times and you need to be in the moment and you need to enjoy the good times when they happen. You cannot let the hard times ruin you so that you cannot appreciate the good times.

Also of note is there is a lot of hate right now, including against Californians, so we need to have thick skin, we need to work to have good times and we cannot let the haters bring us down. I am not going to waste time with the haters.

I want to walk with the wise people, with a good attitude, and make the most out of however much life I have left. I cannot waste it with a bad attitude. And according to Lee Iacocca being born poor makes success sweeter.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 ... 2918