Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1764 1765 [1766] 1767 1768 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744042 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26475 on: May 02, 2022, 11:18:28 PM »

Am paywall blocked but would guess that law there doesn't require firearms to be secured in home, or lacks a sufficient penalty to attain compliance.  The incident wouldn't have happened if the gun was stored in a gunsafe. 

Too lazy to do research?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/02/4-year-old-child-flown-to-hospital-after-being-shot-in-neighborhood-near-katy-sheriff-says/

If you can devise a law to overcome stupidity go for it.
But no one ever has and I am betting you cannot either.
That argument is precisely why we did away with seat belt laws and assured clear distance ahead laws! Cannot eliminate stupidity, no sense in trying to regulate it, right, liar?
Wanna try that one again?
People die everyday in accidents by not wearing seatbelts or getting rear ended by drunk drivers even while wearing seatbelts.
No law prevents stupid people from being stupid.
No law prevents bank robbery either. It penalizes it, and dissuades it. Like it would with gun safety, liar.
You seem mired in a rut of insignificance by clearing missing the original point.
I get your point, liar. Your point is like your use of polls: something you ignore when it suits you.
Whenever you want to debate the original posting let me know.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26476 on: May 03, 2022, 12:04:51 AM »

Am paywall blocked but would guess that law there doesn't require firearms to be secured in home, or lacks a sufficient penalty to attain compliance.  The incident wouldn't have happened if the gun was stored in a gunsafe. 

Too lazy to do research?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/02/4-year-old-child-flown-to-hospital-after-being-shot-in-neighborhood-near-katy-sheriff-says/

That argument is precisely why we did away with seat belt laws and assured clear distance ahead laws! Cannot eliminate stupidity, no sense in trying to regulate it, right, liar?
People die everyday in accidents by not wearing seatbelts or getting rear ended by drunk drivers even while wearing seatbelts.
No law prevents bank robbery either. It penalizes it, and dissuades it. Like it would with gun safety, liar.
You seem mired in a rut of insignificance by clearing missing the original point.
I get your point, liar. Your point is like your use of polls: something you ignore when it suits you.
Whenever you want to debate the original posting let me know.
You are an intellectually dishonest liar. I am not going to debate anything with someone who has no guilt about deliberate lies.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26477 on: May 03, 2022, 02:22:45 AM »

It looks like the Supreme Court is going to over-turn Roe vs Wade.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-roe-v-wade-overturn_n_62707b7fe4b029505df556c3

It is good. There is nothing cool about murdering babies, and people need to be more responsible and they need to stop using abortion as birth control.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26478 on: May 03, 2022, 02:30:01 AM »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-roe-v-wade-overturn_n_62707b7fe4b029505df556c3

It is good. There is nothing cool about murdering babies, and people need to be more responsible and they need to stop using abortion as birth control.

Salute,

Tony V.
Somehow, I think Tony uses his personality as birth control.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26479 on: May 03, 2022, 02:32:04 AM »

Abortion bans are tools perverts use to torture women.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26480 on: May 03, 2022, 03:53:54 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I am not sexually active, I am a Christian and I am waiting for my wife, I want to get to know a woman and I want to fall in love with her before we have sex.

Some people are so busy having sex that they never get to know the people that they are having sex with, and women end up with bad men who beat them up because they did not wait to see if the person was a good person before they jumped in bed with them. Some people are so busy having sex that they never find love.

I had sex as a teen and stuff, but it was all empty and I never fell in love and I never found a wife, and I decided to stop having sex and wait for my wife to come.

And I was trying to succeed in the entertainment industry, if you succeed in the entertainment industry then it is easy to find a wife, conversely if you are poor in California then the women are not interested.

We will see what happens, but right now I am not having sex.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26481 on: May 03, 2022, 08:41:22 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen - your citizen has spoken.

(Oh, wait - cant say "ladies and gentlemen" any more)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #26482 on: May 03, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »

I had sex as a teen and stuff, but it was all empty and I never fell in love and I never found a wife, and I decided to stop having sex and wait for my wife to come.

Double entendre aside, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay in practice, Tony.   The occasional shallow and superficial boink session can clean the pipes out.  Just use protection and make your intentions clear if you are not interested in a LTR.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26483 on: May 03, 2022, 10:23:09 AM »

Too lazy to do research?

Speaking as the person who made the original point, I disagree.

The point is that our laws about guns are stupid and negligent.

The point is that some other countries have done a FAR better job at limiting accidental and suicide deaths from firearms than we have.

The point is that for women having a gun in their houses that another adult has legally acquired increases the likelihood that they will die from suicide by 43%.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26484 on: May 03, 2022, 10:28:48 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony, three points for you:

1) All evidence shows that banning abortions does not reduce abortions. It reduces safe abortions.

2) Eliminating legal abortions will not change whether wealthy women have safe abortions; but it will put poor women at greater risk for both unsafe abortions and prosecution for having them or trying to have them.

3) Evidence shows the most effective means of reducing abortions - Colorado has led the way by vastly increasing the ease of getting contraceptives.

So, if you want to punish and/or kill poor women, then support making abortions illegal. But if you want to reduce abortions, support availability of contraception.

And stop telling women what they can do with their bodies.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26485 on: May 03, 2022, 10:39:39 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/23/politics/abortion-out-of-state-legislation/index.html

Can states control what their citizens do out of state?

Should they be able to?

What does Alito's reasoning about unspecified rights say about future Oberkfell-related cases?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26486 on: May 03, 2022, 11:21:44 AM »

Or to preserve life.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26487 on: May 03, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26488 on: May 03, 2022, 11:36:51 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I am not sexually active, I am a Christian and I am waiting for my wife, I want to get to know a woman and I want to fall in love with her before we have sex.

Some people are so busy having sex that they never get to know the people that they are having sex with, and women end up with bad men who beat them up because they did not wait to see if the person was a good person before they jumped in bed with them. Some people are so busy having sex that they never find love.

And I was trying to succeed in the entertainment industry, if you succeed in the entertainment industry then it is easy to find a wife, conversely if you are poor in California then the women are not interested.

We will see what happens, but right now I am not having sex.

Salute,

Tony V.

Wanna find a wife?

Suggestions:

. Put ads in papers
. Dating sites...low cost or free ones.
. Christian dating sites of your particular denomination...eg Catholic dating sites for Catholics.
. Speed dating...get to meet many women in a short time.
. Dress in suit and tie, stand on Hollywood 
Blvd wth sign reading "Good man seeks female companion".
. Mingle in America, move to the country...could be nice but lonely ladies in small towns.
. 'Nice' comes in all types of *packages*..not only with supermodel looks.
. Be patient, the search for love can often take a while.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26489 on: May 03, 2022, 11:37:44 AM »

Too lazy to do research?

Speaking as the person who made the original point, I disagree.

The point is that our laws about guns are stupid and negligent.
What is your suggestion?
The point is that some other countries have done a FAR better job at limiting accidental and suicide deaths from firearms than we have.
Who are they and how did they do that? 
The point is that for women having a gun in their houses that another adult has legally acquired increases the likelihood that they will die from suicide by 43%.
That is simply not true since the sample size is limited to those who committed suicide, not to the totalnumber of women living in a house with a gun.
A gun only increases the success rate of suicides, it is not a cause.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 12:08:08 PM by Espnthree »
Pages: 1 ... 1764 1765 [1766] 1767 1768 ... 2919