Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1765 1766 [1767] 1768 1769 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744140 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26490 on: May 03, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »

I had sex as a teen and stuff, but it was all empty and I never fell in love and I never found a wife, and I decided to stop having sex and wait for my wife to come.

Double entendre aside, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay in practice, Tony.   The occasional shallow and superficial boink session can clean the pipes out.  Just use protection and make your intentions clear if you are not interested in a LTR.

No! NO!
Very bad idea, lives can be ruined that way.
Men everywhere are being falsely accused of rape.
Then there's "no contraception is 100% safe from pregnancy".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26491 on: May 03, 2022, 11:54:51 AM »

Youtube video of car in US.
Stickers on trunk:

left to right:
Statue of Liberty...Assault rifle...Mug of beer...Donald's head.
Underneath the stickers the letters LGBT
Underneath the letters the words:
Liberty...Guns...Beer...Trump.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26492 on: May 03, 2022, 12:45:53 PM »

A gun only increases the success rate of suicides, it is not a cause.

"Only" increases the success rate, you say.

As it happens, you are simply wrong, Ward.

Because of the higher likelihood of success in killing oneself, the mere presence of the gun increases the number of people who attempt to kill themselves.

It makes the spontaneous urge far easier to yield to compared to most other methods.

Some pertinent quotes:
"Most attempts are not fatal, and most people who attempt suicide do not go on to die in a future suicide."

One major challenge with studies examining the relationship between gun access and suicide risk has been determining whether people who purchase handguns already have plans in place to harm themselves, or whether the presence of a handgun creates new risks.

The unique, longitudinal nature of the Stanford study helped to disentangle these competing explanations.

"There appears to be some of both happening," said senior author Matthew Miller, professor of health sciences and epidemiology at Northeastern University. "New handgun buyers had extremely high risks of dying by firearm suicide immediately after the purchase. However, more than half of all firearm suicides in this group occurred a year or more later. Consistent with prior work, our findings indicate that gun access poses a substantial and enduring risk."

Ease of acquiring a gun increases suicide rates.

Possession of a gun increases suicde rates.

Both of these things are true.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26493 on: May 03, 2022, 01:05:26 PM »

I always hated the television show "Breaking Bad" and I would never watch it. Life is never so bad that you need to sell meth. Meth  ruins communities and there is no justification in selling meth.

And the same with heroin, and cocaine, etc, it is all bullshit, I would never sell that to my community no matter how hungry I got. I was poor and homeless for 2 years and I never resorted to selling drugs.

And we need places where desperate people can go for help, so that they do not have to deal drugs, or be a prostitute, etc, such as our new Wellness Center in Orange, and our Mental Health Association in Santa Ana, we need to have places where desperate people can go for help without becoming drug dealers or prostitutes.

I would never produce a show like "Breaking Bad" and I think it sent the wrong message to our people. As a producer, if I make it, I will be more responsible in what I produce.

Salute,

Tony V.

Breaking Bad sent this message.

Even doing the wrong thing for right reasons leads to destruction.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26494 on: May 03, 2022, 01:06:11 PM »

I always hated the television show "Breaking Bad" and I would never watch it....

I would never produce a show like "Breaking Bad" and I think it sent the wrong message to our people...

If you never watched it, then is it possible you missed its message, and know nothing about it?  Walter White, the chemist, ends up disgraced, and dead.  The meth distributor ends up dead, with his face blown off.  Pretty much everyone who wants to keep being part of the drug organization comes to a bad end.  The series is not what you seem to assume it is.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26495 on: May 03, 2022, 01:14:37 PM »

Am paywall blocked but would guess that law there doesn't require firearms to be secured in home, or lacks a sufficient penalty to attain compliance.  The incident wouldn't have happened if the gun was stored in a gunsafe. 

Too lazy to do research?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/02/4-year-old-child-flown-to-hospital-after-being-shot-in-neighborhood-near-katy-sheriff-says/

If you can devise a law to overcome stupidity go for it.
But no one ever has and I am betting you cannot either.
That argument is precisely why we did away with seat belt laws and assured clear distance ahead laws! Cannot eliminate stupidity, no sense in trying to regulate it, right, liar?
Wanna try that one again?
People die everyday in accidents by not wearing seatbelts or getting rear ended by drunk drivers even while wearing seatbelts.
No law prevents stupid people from being stupid.

Yeah but stupid people can pay the penalty for doing stupid shit.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26496 on: May 03, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »

Abortion bans are tools perverts use to torture women.

Or to pervert life.

FIFY.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26497 on: May 03, 2022, 01:20:13 PM »

It looks like the Supreme Court is going to over-turn Roe vs Wade.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-roe-v-wade-overturn_n_62707b7fe4b029505df556c3

It is good. There is nothing cool about murdering babies, and people need to be more responsible and they need to stop using abortion as birth control.

Salute,

Tony V.

You need to mind your fucking business.

If you are without a uterus you have no right making laws to control those who do.

You fools do not realize passing a law that says women do not have autonomy over their own bodies makes it okay to take away YOUR basic human rights.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26498 on: May 03, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »

A gun only increases the success rate of suicides, it is not a cause.

Because of the higher likelihood of success in killing oneself, the mere presence of the gun increases the number of people who attempt to kill themselves.
No it makes their decision easier to carry out.  It does not cause them to commit suicide.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26499 on: May 03, 2022, 01:21:49 PM »

It looks like the Supreme Court is going to over-turn Roe vs Wade.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-roe-v-wade-overturn_n_62707b7fe4b029505df556c3

It is good. There is nothing cool about murdering babies, and people need to be more responsible and they need to stop using abortion as birth control.

Salute,

Tony V.
Somehow, I think Tony uses his personality as birth control.

I am not sexually active, I am a Christian and I am waiting for my wife, I want to get to know a woman and I want to fall in love with her before we have sex.

Some people are so busy having sex that they never get to know the people that they are having sex with, and women end up with bad men who beat them up because they did not wait to see if the person was a good person before they jumped in bed with them. Some people are so busy having sex that they never find love.

I had sex as a teen and stuff, but it was all empty and I never fell in love and I never found a wife, and I decided to stop having sex and wait for my wife to come.

And I was trying to succeed in the entertainment industry, if you succeed in the entertainment industry then it is easy to find a wife, conversely if you are poor in California then the women are not interested.

We will see what happens, but right now I am not having sex.

Salute,

Tony V.

It aint the women, Tony.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26500 on: May 03, 2022, 01:23:18 PM »

Double entendre aside, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay in practice, Tony.   The occasional shallow and superficial boink session can clean the pipes out.  Just use protection and make your intentions clear if you are not interested in a LTR.

No! NO!
Then there's "no contraception is 100% safe from pregnancy".

Just because you prigs get no trim...

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26501 on: May 03, 2022, 01:33:54 PM »

No! NO!
That would be how you would see lives ruined. Not in the effects of an unplanned pregnancy on the life of the woman. And of course, not on the vastly vastly VASTLY more rape and assault victims than a few episodic false accusations. Well, bambu, Welcome to Hell.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1l26UFQ06eQ
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26502 on: May 03, 2022, 02:02:36 PM »

A sure sign of the worsening of inflation:
Antifa  can no longer afford to buy bricks.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26503 on: May 03, 2022, 04:06:59 PM »

A sure sign of the worsening of inflation:
Antifa  can no longer afford to buy bricks.

I am sorry you can no longer afford the price of dicks.

Since you are spineless, I suggest you start sucking your own.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26504 on: May 03, 2022, 04:27:48 PM »

You have to know the history of the White Christian Evangelical rights decision to embrace abortion restrictions as their chief political issue.

They could sell it easier than racism.

This is decades long campaign to get what they really want. Legal resegregation of society.

While those on the political left contemplate nuance the political (fallen off the table, hit the floor and out the door) right implement fascism on a growing scale.

It is about race. It is always about race.

Who is in and who is out.

Achtung, bitches!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1765 1766 [1767] 1768 1769 ... 2919