Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 748636 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27285 on: May 23, 2022, 03:00:50 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/5/23/2099721/-Texas-Republicans-threaten-companies-offering-to-pay-for-employees-out-of-state-abortions

This will go well for exactly nobody, just like Greg Abbotts border war live action role play.

It is a big bad scene down there, all kink and no safe words.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27286 on: May 23, 2022, 03:03:18 PM »

Patsy Reid 70 years old, Black and retired said she was surprised she did not encounter problems when she voted early this month. Reid cast her ballot for Stacey Abrams in the Georgia Democratic primary but feared that her vote could be discounted given reports of voter suppression against people of color in Georgia.
I had heard that they were going to try to deter us in any way possible because of the fact that we did not  go Republican on the last election, when Trump did not win,Reid said. To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen  I was really thrown back.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27287 on: May 23, 2022, 03:14:34 PM »

Patsy Reid 70 years old, Black and retired said she was surprised she did not encounter problems when she voted early this month. Reid cast her ballot for Stacey Abrams in the Georgia Democratic primary but feared that her vote could be discounted given reports of voter suppression against people of color in Georgia.
I had heard that they were going to try to deter us in any way possible because of the fact that we did not  go Republican on the last election, when Trump did not win,Reid said. To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen  I was really thrown back.

Looks like White Americans have finally realised that Black Americans are not the enemy.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27288 on: May 23, 2022, 03:45:02 PM »

No one my age or younger grew up in a dominantly white country. We have seen the white people in this country grow more hateful and useless over time as the rest of the population carries more and more of their water. This is why the republican party seems more and more dangerous and insane to anyone outside their warped bubble.

Orange County is a majority Latino county now, White people are in the minority here, and Latinos are the majority now in the state of California as well. My town was not a fan of Trump, they hated Trump here. We all want to improve relations with Mexico and with Latin America, and we want to expand trade. No one here wants walls.

On the other hand, Reagan was a real Republican here in California and Reagan made all of our immigrants legal so that they could join labor unions and so that they could call the police in the case of an emergency, etc, and the Latinos loved Reagan. And Jeb Bush married a Latina woman he met while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico, and George W. Bush is a good man, the Latinos liked the Bush family.

Racists like Trump are not going to make it in the America of the future.

And ending corruption has to be high on the list in Latin America, we need for the money to make it to the people who need it. Latin America needs honest labor unions, and a good minimum wage, and when I buy coffee from Colombia then some of the money needs to make it into the hands of the workers who helped to grow the coffee in Colombia, etc. The workers need to benefit from being good honest hard working people, and the good people need to rise to the top. And we need good people to rule in Mexico instead of drug cartels.

As we become more Latino in America I hope that we will work together with Latin America to improve life in the Western Hemisphere for everyone.

And guys like Trump and his wall are a thing of the past, those days are gone.

And the Native American Indian Tribes are rising too, the San Manuel Tribe, and the Seminole Tribe, and others are rising, so that is good, the once oppressed people are getting wealthy and are rising.

Salute,

Tony V.

California returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a shot?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27289 on: May 23, 2022, 03:53:34 PM »

Looks like White Americans have finally realised that Black Americans are not the enemy.

No. Black voting rights organizations are outworking the suppressors.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27290 on: May 23, 2022, 03:54:47 PM »

Yep. Because Fair Fight has outworked the suppressors.

https://www.axios.com/local/atlanta/2022/05/23/fair-fight-democrats-georgia-primaries
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27291 on: May 23, 2022, 05:41:36 PM »

Someone else outthinking and outworking their competition,

http://www.yesmagazine.org/opinion/2022/05/10/company-converted-to-a-cooperative

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27292 on: May 23, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »

California returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a shot?

Declaring sovereignty over your neighboring country due to ethnic, linguistic, or cultural shared heritage between you is not working out well for Russia and would not work any better for Mexico. The US is already in NATO.

California continues to drag the degenerate backward swathes of the country kicking and screaming into a future where they can thrive and live better lives with less idiocy and corruption than currently plagues them. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27293 on: May 23, 2022, 05:55:54 PM »

yes

This will be greatly underreported
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #27294 on: May 23, 2022, 07:08:48 PM »

Stories where people don't encounter difficulty are usually less reported. "Man goes to work, doesn't have accident, enjoys quiet day," is a rarely reported story.  Newspapers have that watchdog role (as everyone since and including Tom Jefferson have noted), and so they try to bring problems to light.  It helps protect we the people, and keep us alert.  Various vote suppression efforts were thwarted in Georgia thanks to that vigilance. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27295 on: May 23, 2022, 07:22:58 PM »

yes

Because it is bullshit.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27296 on: May 23, 2022, 08:54:00 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27297 on: May 23, 2022, 09:49:30 PM »

Absolute security can protect the school children from laying down their lives the second amendment way.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27298 on: May 23, 2022, 10:01:58 PM »

Various vote suppression efforts were thwarted in Georgia thanks to that vigilance.
Or the suppression efforts were lies.
Which they were.
Patsy Reid proved that as does the growing numbers of early Georgia voters, breaking records hand over foot.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 10:04:09 PM by Espnthree »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27299 on: May 23, 2022, 10:40:05 PM »

yes

"Sometimes Goliath kicks the sh.. out of David and nobody bothers to report it"- from the movie 'Win a Date With Tad Hamilton'.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 10:42:41 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 2923