Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 748837 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27375 on: May 25, 2022, 07:10:41 PM »

Bambu has an eloquence when he wakes up and gets a little fire in his belly.  I like the criminal negligence idea.  The courtroom path has actually had some success with gun manufacturers like Remington, though those are civil suits.

Sorry to hear Kid's brain farts keep driving Yankguy away.  I think they are ignorable. Like Ward's copy-pastes from national review. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27376 on: May 25, 2022, 07:12:34 PM »

Bambu, one could bring in Loeb and Loeb to sue the school for not having security. Then in the future the schools would start protecting the kids. "Criminal Negligence" sounds right. The schools know that shooters are going to come, so they need to be prepared on how to deal with the situation and protect the children. It is neglect if they fail to be prepared for an event that we know will happen. The schools need to beef up their security.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27377 on: May 25, 2022, 07:32:28 PM »

Bambu has an eloquence when he wakes up and gets a little fire in his belly.  I like the criminal negligence idea.  The courtroom path has actually had some success with gun manufacturers like Remington, though those are civil suits.

It's how bambu-ilk had corporal punishment in schools and homes banned.
Teachers no longer able to belt students with canes..."assault".
Parents no longer able to hit children with canes, belts, hoses, planks of wood, hands, feet/boots, fists etc..."assault".
One exception...parents are allowed to gently...that's gently...very gently...tap toddlers on the leg or bottom with an open hand...to bruise their ego and not their body.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:43:45 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27378 on: May 25, 2022, 07:58:48 PM »

Only the best candidates for Trump and the GOP

All the salient points and terrifyingly good likeness of that horrible freak.

I am planning a series called Dumber by the Dozen, 12 Senate races, 12 Guber Races and the highly competitive 12 House races.  I will have to draw fast and furious to complete by
October!

Im here for it!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27379 on: May 25, 2022, 08:07:22 PM »

We have a record surplus here in California, and still we cannot get action to help the homeless, the money is there but the money is not making it to the people who need the money. We need to build a bridge between the people and the money. And there needs to be a sense of urgency on the issue of helping the homeless and on helping the mentally ill, etc. We can also make  a bridge between the poor children in our neighborhoods and Disney, the children can train for careers at Disney when they grow up. We need to build bridges between the rich and the poor, and we need for the money to make it to the people who need it.

We also need to force the schools to spend way more money on security.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27380 on: May 25, 2022, 10:13:44 PM »

We have a record surplus here in California, and still we cannot get action to help the homeless, the money is there but the money is not making it to the people who need the money. We need to build a bridge between the people and the money. And there needs to be a sense of urgency on the issue of helping the homeless and on helping the mentally ill, etc. We can also make  a bridge between the poor children in our neighborhoods and Disney, the children can train for careers at Disney when they grow up. We need to build bridges between the rich and the poor, and we need for the money to make it to the people who need it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony V.  I hate to be the one to tell you but Disneyland and DisneyWorld were built
to entertain people who NEVER GROW UP.

Rich people do not like the poor; they became rich to get away from the poor!

And Americans are not the peace-loving people our politicians like to claim we are.
We love guns. We love violence. We love war!

Now go back to your DreamWorld.

That is part of my purpose in life is to make the rich care about the poor, and to help to build the bridge between the rich and the poor.

There is a great movie, "Midnight Cowboy" with Dustin Hoffman as a homeless guy, Ratso Rizzo, Dustin won an Oscar and he made the whole world care about the homeless guy on the movie screen.

Poets, filmmakers, and artists like you, it is up to us to make the rich care about the poor. The same way Dustin made the world care about Ratso Rizzo.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27381 on: May 25, 2022, 10:54:11 PM »

I am optimistic about improvement here in Anaheim, we just removed a really corrupt Mayor, we removed a very bad man. The people are winning.

And we have Councilman Dr Jose F. Moreno who attended Harvard, I pray that he is honest. I pin my hopes on Councilman Moreno in local government.

And a new homeless shelter is being built, and we have the Wellness Center in Orange, and the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana, we are making progress. Los Angeles is getting new housing for the homeless including with Weingart.

My neighborhood is looking good, this place is wealthy, we have a few problems but it is safe to walk to the market, and it will get better. It will get better here as the economy bounces back from the corona crisis, etc. And we have beautiful women by the pool here now, it is the California Dream, and I have a film school 10 miles away where I need to go volunteer, etc. Things are looking bright in Anaheim.

Removing the bad Mayor was such a step in the right direction. Now we need to clean it up. Kiwanis and Shirley McCracken can help to clean it up maybe, Shirley is getting old now and lives in a retirement home. We need for some strong young people to help to run our City who are altruistic. I will help all that I can, I love Anaheim, Anaheim has done a lot of good for me, and I have lived here for over 20 years.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27382 on: May 25, 2022, 11:56:29 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27383 on: May 26, 2022, 12:03:50 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony V.  I hate to be the one to tell you but Disneyland and DisneyWorld were built

And Americans are not the peace-loving people our politicians like to claim we are.

That is part of my purpose in life is to make the rich care about the poor, and to help to build the bridge between the rich and the poor.

There is a great movie, "Midnight Cowboy" with Dustin Hoffman as a homeless guy, Ratso Rizzo, Dustin won an Oscar and he made the whole world care about the homeless guy on the movie screen.

Poets, filmmakers, and artists like you, it is up to us to make the rich care about the poor. The same way Dustin made the world care about Ratso Rizzo.

Salute,

Tony V.

Midnight Cowboy was released on 25 May 1969.

Written by Waldo Salt (based on the novel by James Leo Herlihy) and directed by John Schlesinger, the film was released with an X rating, due to its
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27384 on: May 26, 2022, 12:41:19 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Salute,

Tony V.

You are living in FantasyLand and the movie Midnight Cowboy changed NOTHING!

You spend too much time posting here, when you should be job-hunting!
Wake up and stop trying to make Anaheim Paradise on earth.  It is a tourist trap. Period.

Amblin told me that everything that I need to change the world is at my fingertips on a computer with the World Wide Web.

I have done a lot of cool stuff that no one knows about.

And right now I am teaching the World Bank, the World Bank loves me.

I am doing great things with my computer from right here in my apartment.

And I will ride my bicycle to the film school to make new friends and to volunteer.

The California Dream is alive and well in Anaheim.

And Anaheim is way more than a tourist trap, we have UCI where we train Doctors, etc. Anaheim is great. We just need to bring in a Barnes and Noble Bookstore, etc, and we can bring in other stuff that we want. And we have the Angels, and the Ducks, etc. Along with Disneyland. We are so lucky.

And fantasy is where the money is here in California...

"..And then he has won, through his fantasy he has achieved that which before he had only in fantasy; wealth, honor, and the love of women." Sanford Meisner who got it from Sigmund Freud.

The movie "Midnight Cowboy" changed the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27385 on: May 26, 2022, 03:23:44 AM »

Irvine and Anaheim are two different places, as anyone in Irvine will go to great pains to point out.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27386 on: May 26, 2022, 03:27:37 AM »

Irvine and Anaheim are two different places, as anyone in Irvine will go to great pains to point out.

The medical patients from Anaheim are sent to UC Irvine medical center. If I got covid then they would send me to UCI.

And UCI is right by Angel Stadium in the Platinum Triangle, by Dodge film school.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27387 on: May 26, 2022, 03:50:36 AM »

Ah. That explains it then. I always thought it was because the jerks in Irvine are snobs. You say there may be a factual basis to this attitude so I will try to reserve judgement.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27388 on: May 26, 2022, 03:55:35 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/5/25/2100317/-Guns-will-be-banned-for-Trump-s-upcoming-speech-at-NRA-convention

No one fears gun violence like the people who foster it in American schools.

Why do all NRA types believe they deserve to be shot so much that the eventuality is highly likely should they ever find themselves in the presence of guns?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27389 on: May 26, 2022, 04:25:15 AM »

the mayor of Anaheim has some "splainin" to do.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 2923