Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2873 2874 [2875] 2876 2877 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741043 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43110 on: August 22, 2024, 05:23:32 PM »

Your argument is without merit. Judges are, by training, experts on interpreting law and, at the federal level, need to be confirmed by the Senate.

A Senate whose members set aside their other business and partisan concerns and diligently scrutinize each judicial nomination for their qualifications to serve, based upon objective criteria of competence and impartiality! 

Moreover their reasoning in written opinions are frequently scrutinized by legal scholars and the press.
It is harder for judges to become unduly influenced than it is for the other two branches

Clarence and Sammy say hello.

And bureaucrats change when Administrations change. Federal Judges do not.

Most employees in the federal Civil Service work through multiple administrations.  In this way, they develop technical expertise which appointees lack and judges never have.

As demonstrated by the inability of TX judges to rule correctly on either facts or law.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43111 on: August 22, 2024, 05:34:22 PM »

I have to say, though that the song has always mystified me, especially the line about the one winged dove. How does a one winged dove even fly? It is not a matter of the one wing making it fly in a circle, aerodynamically speaking it should not even get off the ground. Is that the point? A dove that cannot even do the single basic fact of doneness? But is so, why is the only attribute discussed in the song singing? Seems like that dove needs to be running, especially in Arizona, what with coyotes and what have you trying to eat it. It just seemsike nonsense.

😂

(assuming you know the lyric is white winged dove)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYoNL4g5Vg

This series of posts has been brought to you by the Gilda Radner Memorial Appreciation Society. 35 years and still missed.

Never mind

A pleasure to hear from the Litella-rati.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43112 on: August 22, 2024, 05:51:13 PM »

Interestingly, Red did not appear to be as convinced of the trained, Constitutional expertise of the Court when Roe and Chevron were the law of the land. I guess Supreme Court justices are better trained and more expert these days.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43113 on: August 22, 2024, 06:21:40 PM »

Interestingly, Red did not appear to be as convinced of the trained, Constitutional expertise of the Court when Roe and Chevron were the law of the land. I guess Supreme Court justices are better trained and more expert these days.
They certainly come to a jackbooted heel.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43116 on: August 22, 2024, 06:43:53 PM »

Those who overturned Roe and Chevron had different readings of the Constitution and case law.  They were hardly better trained.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43117 on: August 22, 2024, 07:48:08 PM »

Those who overturned Roe and Chevron had different readings of the Constitution and case law.  They were hardly better trained.

Harlan Crow whistles and they roll over to get their bellies rubbed, the loyal slobbery stenographers.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #43118 on: August 23, 2024, 04:49:41 AM »

NASA is a government administration and is controlled from the White House, but the scientists run the programs and create the experiments, etc. And when I worked at NASA, they encouraged everyone to give them ideas and if they used your idea then they paid you money, so everyone was giving them their ideas on everything. And the Ford Motor Company was the same way, if you invented something for Ford then they paid you big money, and if you saved them time on mechanical work or whatever then they paid you.

Smart companies hire great people, and then give the freedom to do great things. JFK did a lot of delegating to put the men on the moon.

And like with Laser Eye Surgery, they got paid to run programs to invent all of that, the scientists ran the programs, it might be a White House administration but the scientists are in charge.

Right now they are trying to cure cancer, etc, and the Government is funding all of the research, etc. They are using technology to advance medicine.

And we need to be like Dr Jonas Salk and save humanity, while enjoying the rewards of civilization, good food, good music, good poetry, beautiful women, good movies, etc.

Anyhow, some Government administrations are ran by scientists, such as NASA.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 04:51:59 AM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43119 on: August 23, 2024, 09:23:02 AM »

Yeah

Kamala Harris remains a force to be reckoned within the Democratic Party because, like it or not, she looks like the partys base[/b]
https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/12/08/attacks-doomed-kamala-harris-but-youd-be-wise-to-remember-the-name/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43120 on: August 23, 2024, 09:36:44 AM »

Quite the difference in a month, a fit joyful person now running for president. Dems saw the need and made the tough choice dumping santa Joe.  Great speech.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43121 on: August 23, 2024, 09:54:16 AM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43122 on: August 23, 2024, 12:23:40 PM »

Harris did well in her CONVENTION speech.
It would been BOFFO is she was running against Biden.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43124 on: August 23, 2024, 12:36:26 PM »

Harris did well in her CONVENTION speech.
It would been BOFFO is she was running against Biden.

Red has come around to endorsing Biden as he starts to appreciate all the good work the President has done in his term to reverse the decay and decline suffered in the United States under the most recent republican administration.
Pages: 1 ... 2873 2874 [2875] 2876 2877 ... 2917