Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606949 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1035 on: August 20, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »

poor sad troll

you're the only one adopting Trumpian denials of your well documented sociopathic behavior.

The one serial liar here is you.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 20, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »

Incompetent cheese dicks use bluster and buffoonery to start losing a winnable war.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b770480e4b018b93e9398b7
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 20, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »

poor sad troll

you're the only one adopting Trumpian denials of your well documented sociopathic behavior.

The one serial liar here is you.

Republican candidates are as enthusiastic about trump as we are here about utley.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/20/17759468/2018-republican-nominees-trump-brookings-study-midterms
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 20, 2018, 03:27:35 PM »

Incompetent cheese dicks use bluster and buffoonery to start losing a winnable war.

I recall when this idiot claimed he had a surefire way to eliminate ISIS, he just didn't want to let anyone know what it is because it would alert the enemy to his plan.

That wasn't so long ago, but I don't know that anyone has called him on that since he became President.  We are all just supposed to expect that the President of the United States talks shit about issues he knows nothing about, and move on.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1039 on: August 20, 2018, 03:32:51 PM »

Like Trump, I support their right to assemble - with the same respect I give BLM.

Like Trump, you deny that Trump is a racist.

You also seem to deny that his efforts to control things are fascist.

If this was 1939 kid would be a member of the Bund.

And you'd be picking cotton, right?

STFU.

In 1939? In the New York metro area?

Oh, yeah. I forgot you know shit about historical eras. You’re the guy who swore the Civil War Battle of Memphis was of greater importance than the invasion of Normandy.

I knew you'd miss the sarcasm. Listen, dude, you're telling people to get fitted with brown shirts is fucked up, and that was the point, and you KNEW it was the point, so don't try to turn it into something else.

That's a poor move on your part.

Sarcasm?

Bullshit.

If kid wants to compare the KKK to BLM then I’m gonna call him out on that. That you see a need to defend him out of some warped sense of decorum merely demonstrates you’re full of shit.

No, it merely demonstrates that you are doing exactly what you say you hate. And I'm not defending his POV, just his right to express it.

Again, learn the difference between "tolerance" and "acceptance".

He can express his POV all he pleases, and I’m gonna interpret his words as I hear them. If you can’t accept that it’s on you.

I am NOT gonna “tolerate” anyone who equates BLM with fucking Nazis.

But you'll be fine with equating Nazis with Republicans.

Got it.

Goddamn right!

When you have more than one out and out Nazi anti-Semite running for office under the aegis of the GOP...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1040 on: August 20, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »

Do you actually think that ANYONE "here" is who they really truly are "off-board"?

Uh, I’ve never made any attempt to disguise my identity. I’ve posted my bylines, I’ve posted articles and essays from my kids. My history, recounted in here numerous times is mostly a matter of public record. I’ve posted under the NYKnicks12 monicker for more than twenty years starting in the old Times forum but EVERYWHERE else on the web I’m LarryBnDC or my full name Larry Bellinger.

You’ve seem to forget you called me a liar when I shared the FACT Dylan Roof murdered my cousin.

No, I didn't.

Yeah, you did. Don’t challenge my memory, dude. You’re gonna lose that contest.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 20, 2018, 03:36:37 PM »

How the tax cuts for the rich trickle down:

http://theweek.com/5things/791257/rnc-breaks-record-fundraising-ahead-midterm-elections

Think about this next time a Republican accuses a poor or minority person of "voting themselves money" when they vote for a Democrat.  What the fuck is this, then?  $227 million of $1.5 trillion?  Thats like 15 hundredths of one percent.  Thats a tiny kickback Republicans are getting.  They should really ask for more.

"We've used our unprecedented grassroots support..." LOL.  What an ass.  This is a few billionaires building a wall of money they hope will hold back a wave that threatens the tax cuts they used for that extra island in the Maldives.  What, you thought they could make do with just one?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:55:15 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 20, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »

Got it.

Goddamn right!

When you have more than one out and out Nazi anti-Semite running for office under the aegis of the GOP...

Its a bit like what kiidcarter8 was saying about the Charlottesville protesters.  Suppose some of them really were there to protest the taking down of a confederate statue (as if, really, the statue can be separated from the message meant to be conveyed when it was put up, but anyway...) When those people looked around while walking and saw all the white shirts, swastika armbands, and heard the antisemitic and racist chanted while they hid behind surplus crowd control shields, wouldn't they say "huh, this isn't what I expected.  I thought this was about appreciating confederate civil war history...I'm leaving."

Whomever was there when the shit went down was there to defend a message of hate.  If a few stragglers were there just to watch, so what?  They don't figure into your evaluation of the whole.

Same for Republicans.  They have had chance after chance to do more than issue a statement or two every time a story comes out about a white supremacist/Nazi/KKK sympathizer in their ranks.  They don't.  Because so much of their message, particularly on immigration, is tied up with the same hateful us/them thinking. 

And even if there are a Republicans that are truly uncomfortable allowing those deplorables under the tent?  So what?  The party speaks with one voice.  And when its Trump delivering the edicts?  They are painted by his words.

Don't like it?  Don't stand by him.  Can't get elected if you don't?  Plenty of good paying jobs out there for lobbyists.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 20, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »

Do you actually think that ANYONE "here" is who they really truly are "off-board"?

Uh, I’ve never made any attempt to disguise my identity. I’ve posted my bylines, I’ve posted articles and essays from my kids. My history, recounted in here numerous times is mostly a matter of public record. I’ve posted under the NYKnicks12 monicker for more than twenty years starting in the old Times forum but EVERYWHERE else on the web I’m LarryBnDC or my full name Larry Bellinger.

You’ve seem to forget you called me a liar when I shared the FACT Dylan Roof murdered my cousin.

No, I didn't.

Yeah, you did. Don’t challenge my memory, dude. You’re gonna lose that contest.

Larry, Larry, Larry...Your memory is flawed. No one called you a liar, but your credibility was called into question as you seemed to be related to everyone in the African American community.

So, let me ask you something. Is your cuz in this video, too?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-shows-moments-officers-struck-213656382.html

And how come you didn't post it for the rest of us to see?

Cops out of control here? Do they need to be fitted with brown shirts?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 20, 2018, 04:25:54 PM »

Got it.

Goddamn right!

Its a bit like what kiidcarter8 was saying about the Charlottesville protesters.  Suppose some of them really were there to protest the taking down of a confederate statue (as if, really, the statue can be separated from the message meant to be conveyed when it was put up, but anyway...) When those people looked around while walking and saw all the white shirts, swastika armbands, and heard the antisemitic and racist chanted while they hid behind surplus crowd control shields, wouldn't they say "huh, this isn't what I expected.  I thought this was about appreciating confederate civil war history...I'm leaving."

Whomever was there when the shit went down was there to defend a message of hate.  If a few stragglers were there just to watch, so what?  They don't figure into your evaluation of the whole.

Same for Republicans.  They have had chance after chance to do more than issue a statement or two every time a story comes out about a white supremacist/Nazi/KKK sympathizer in their ranks.  They don't.  Because so much of their message, particularly on immigration, is tied up with the same hateful us/them thinking. 

And even if there are a Republicans that are truly uncomfortable allowing those deplorables under the tent?  So what?  The party speaks with one voice.  And when its Trump delivering the edicts?  They are painted by his words.

Don't like it?  Don't stand by him.  Can't get elected if you don't?  Plenty of good paying jobs out there for lobbyists.

So, were the Democrats, many of whom were women, in the 1990's defending sexual harassment in the work place, and should they all be equated with Harvey Weinstein because Bill Clinton was using the power of his office to seduce a 22-year old intern?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 20, 2018, 04:31:51 PM »

Wow Ultey. You are a slimy hypocritical piece of shit.

Calling Larry a liar while claiming you aren’t doing just that is a real cheese dick move, transparent, lending weight to your horrendous rep and nothing else.

It takes the wind out of whatever misconflation you are trying to run about the Clintons and the Democrats. It’s unlikely you know what you are talking about anyway.

You are an amateur self-parody at the level of Bambu. 

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 20, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »

SCOTUS nominee Kavanaugh's evolving stance on questioning POTUS via a special investigation

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-clinton-starr.html?&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Its ok to ask President Clinton if he dropped two loads into Ms Lewinsky, but its not ok to determine whether Trump is a corrupt Russian controlled puppet.

The hypocrisy is spectacular.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 20, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »

Thanks for the link

Yeah - ISIS isnt going to just stop recruiting, even if on the run

And Al Quaeda is back as well, under bin Laden's son's arm.

Sucky world will stay sucky.  Thanks for the memo.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 20, 2018, 04:34:24 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 20, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »

Wow Ultey. You are a slimy hypocritical piece of shit.

Calling Larry a liar while claiming you aren’t doing just that is a real cheese dick move, transparent, lending weight to your horrendous rep and nothing else.

It takes the wind out of whatever misconflation you are trying to run about the Clintons and the Democrats. It’s unlikely you know what you are talking about anyway.

You are an amateur self-parody at the level of Bambu.

Keep working hard. You may one day be relevant.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 4288