Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873179 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1275 on: August 23, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

I wonder if Trump feels let down by Pecker.  I imagine Pecker will shrink from testifying in court.  You have to wonder what does Pecker really stand for?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/david-pecker-ceo-national-enquirer-publisher-trump-friend-granted-immunity-n903206

I don't think Pecker will shy from testifying in court.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 23, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »

Chuck Schumer wants Brett Kavanaugh denied a SCOTUS seat because of Roger Cohen’s guilty plea.

That Roger Cohen sure is a rogue!

https://www.nytimes.com/column/roger-cohen
Which has what to with my post?

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 23, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »

Chuck Schumer wants Brett Kavanaugh denied a SCOTUS seat because of Roger Cohen’s guilty plea.

Pointing out the glaring error you will never admit to, is my guess.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2018, 08:46:56 PM »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/civil-rights-devos_us_5b7b2dd3e4b018b93e96a9cf

In other realms of administration incompetence, the Devos of Education's been underreporting incidents of racial discrimination in the schools.
Goes back to Obama, actually.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »

We the Conservative voters in Australia should be wearing MAGA hats..."Make Australia Great Again" [It's Australia that needs making great again not America].

The Liberal Party [Conservatives] is on the brink of extinction;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/the-liberal-party-is-teetering-on-the-brink-of-extinction/ar-BBMjSm8?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Mathias Cormann attempted to deliver the death blow. Without relish he wielded his blade, a distraught, reluctant Brutus to the Cassius from Queensland. But in its current state the Liberal Party cannot even organise an assassination, let alone run the country.

#####

That will all change if the Liberal Party [Turnbull is gone] elects Peter Dutton as its leader and new Prime Minister at 1-45pm today...3 hrs from now.

We the Right people don't want "Turnbull in a skirt" [Julie Bishop]...'Obama-like'.
We don't want Scott Morrison either..."weak".
We want "Dutton"!   'Tough on border security/turning back the boats'...'Abbott-like'.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:57:42 PM by bambu-wisdom »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 23, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »

The glaring error belongs to Schumer.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 23, 2018, 09:52:48 PM »

The last time you responded to my post was here:

My apologies to Chuck Schumer.
There is someone dumber.
Our “ global moderator”.

You make a mistake and therefore I am dumb?

Typical Red "logic."

So, this time, instead of my being dumb, it's Chuck Schumer's mistake.

Your inability to simply admit that there is no relevant Roger Cohen would be breathtaking, were it not for the fact that you have refused to admit so many simple mistakes in the past.

It's not a matter of dumb, Red. It's a matter of your being pigheaded beyond pigheadedness.

As adjectives the difference between bullheaded and pigheaded is that bullheaded is unreasonably stubborn while pigheaded is (pejorative) obstinate and stubborn to the point of stupidity.

or
willfully or perversely unyielding

Take your pick, Red. They apply to you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:05:23 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 23, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »

The WaPo went to unusual lengths with their Fact Checker this time around.

They finally labeled President Trump what everybody here knows he is: a liar.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/not-just-misleading-not-merely-false-a-lie--fact-checker/2018/08/22/71e18b48-a666-11e8-ad6f-080770dcddc2_video.html

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 23, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »

There is someone dumber.
Our “ global moderator”.

Typical Red "logic."

Your inability to simply admit that there is no relevant Roger Cohen would be breathtaking, were it not for the fact that you have refused to admit so many simple mistakes in the past.

It's not a matter of dumb, Red. It's a matter of your being pigheaded beyond pigheadedness.

As adjectives the difference between bullheaded and pigheaded is that bullheaded is unreasonably stubborn while pigheaded is (pejorative) obstinate and stubborn to the point of stupidity.

or

No, they don’t. You didn’t even understand my post.

Think about it.
Schumer said,
“It is unseemly for the President of the United States to be picking a Supreme Court Justice who could be soon, effectively, a JUROR in a case against the President.
What Constitution are you and Chucky reading? Certainly not the US Constitution.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 23, 2018, 10:39:23 PM »

Its almost funny reading Red's post reference a piece of paper which he has no respect for.

His loathing of the real value of the Constitution and the democracy it was designed to protect is palpable.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 23, 2018, 11:50:47 PM »

I am sure Roger Cohen agrees. Thank you for proving me right.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 23, 2018, 11:55:47 PM »

Roger Cohen’s guilty plea must be under seal, unlike Michael Cohen’s very public guilty plea.

That or all Jewish names must sound the same to a real crack-ass cracker.

=================

Now that trump has thrown off his almost human mask and gone full MS13, it will be interesting to see how many republicans stick around long enough to get tatted into the gang as well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:58:24 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 24, 2018, 12:07:53 AM »

I am sure Roger Cohen agrees. Thank you for proving me right.
LOL

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 24, 2018, 01:48:26 AM »

There is someone dumber.
Our “ global moderator”.

Typical Red "logic."

or

No, they don’t. You didn’t even understand my post.

Think about it.
Schumer said,
“It is unseemly for the President of the United States to be picking a Supreme Court Justice who could be soon, effectively, a JUROR in a case against the President.
What Constitution are you and Chucky reading? Certainly not the US Constitution.

I understood what you wrote.

Chuck is right and you are wrong. Chuck is not discussing impeachment. He's discussing the possibility of a case involving President Trump being brought and landing in the Supreme Court, where the Court would have to weigh in, in a manner akin to jurors on a civil suit. "Can a POTUS be subpoenaed?" or "Can the President break the law?" or what have you.

But your reference to ROGER Cohen was flat wrong and you cannot simply admit it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 24, 2018, 01:49:16 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-blocks-bill-protect-elections-173459278.html

The headline seems wrong, but somebody in the GOP surely blocked this bipartisan legislation to protect our elections.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 4288