Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584161 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13380 on: May 03, 2019, 01:01:08 PM »

Someone sure seems to be living rent free in Red's head.

I suppose it is more comforting than defending Obstructing Donald.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: May 03, 2019, 01:25:56 PM »

Question:  Isn’t it on the beneficiary of Russian interference to come out and say publicly “I don’t want the help, its counter to our democratic interests, and I will in no way use or reference material stolen by Russia, or reward their meddling once in office.”

Still a question that has gone unanswered by the Trumpists here.

And notable now because Trump has just informed the world that he disavowed the Mueller Report's conclusions about Russia's interference in the 2016 election in a conversation with Putin.

This amounts to a direct invite to interfere again in 2020.  And when that attack happens, Trump will bear direct responsibility for the damage it does to our Democracy.

...and then REDSTATEWARD will post about how worker productivity is increasing, because Tax Cuts.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: May 03, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »

A good chance he might throw Benghazi!!! in there just to cover all contingencies.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: May 03, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »

Home
Economy & Politics
Economic Report
The latest drop in the unemployment rate was for the wrong reason
By Jeffry Bartash
Published: May 3, 2019 11:53 a.m. ET

Nearly half a million people stop looking for work in April

Bloomberg News/Landov
The U.S. labor market is the strongest in decades.
The nation’s unemployment rate sank in April to the lowest rate since December 1969, but the milestone comes with a big caveat: The decline stemmed from more people quitting their search for work.

The jobless rate slipped to 3.6% last month from 3.8% in March, continuing a long downward arc from a 27-year high of 10% in 2009. Yet that doesn’t mean there aren’t some potential trouble spots.
Take the size of the labor force. It contracted in April by nearly half a million people and fell for the fourth straight month.

The last time the labor force fell four months in a row was during the waning stages of the 2007-2009 Great Recession. And before that one has to go back to 1950.

As a result, the so-called labor-force participation rate slipped to 62.8% from a six-year high of 63.2% in January. That is, every 63 of 100 able-bodied Americans 16 or older either have a job or are seeking one.

The shrinking labor force “is the primary factor behind the unexpected decline in the unemployment rate,” noted chief economist Richard Moody of Regions Financial.   

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-latest-drop-in-the-unemployment-rate-was-for-the-wrong-reason-2019-05-03?mod=mw_theo_homepage

Because every silver cloud has a dark lining.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13384 on: May 03, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: May 03, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »

Home
Economy & Politics
Economic Report
The latest drop in the unemployment rate was for the wrong reason
By Jeffry Bartash
Published: May 3, 2019 11:53 a.m. ET

Nearly half a million people stop looking for work in April

Bloomberg News/Landov
The U.S. labor market is the strongest in decades.
The nation’s unemployment rate sank in April to the lowest rate since December 1969, but the milestone comes with a big caveat: The decline stemmed from more people quitting their search for work.

The jobless rate slipped to 3.6% last month from 3.8% in March, continuing a long downward arc from a 27-year high of 10% in 2009. Yet that doesn’t mean there aren’t some potential trouble spots.
Take the size of the labor force. It contracted in April by nearly half a million people and fell for the fourth straight month.

The last time the labor force fell four months in a row was during the waning stages of the 2007-2009 Great Recession. And before that one has to go back to 1950.

As a result, the so-called labor-force participation rate slipped to 62.8% from a six-year high of 63.2% in January. That is, every 63 of 100 able-bodied Americans 16 or older either have a job or are seeking one.

The shrinking labor force “is the primary factor behind the unexpected decline in the unemployment rate,” noted chief economist Richard Moody of Regions Financial.   

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-latest-drop-in-the-unemployment-rate-was-for-the-wrong-reason-2019-05-03?mod=mw_theo_homepage

Because every silver cloud has a dark lining.
For the record, drawing that kind of conclusion from that data set was unwarranted when Red used it to try to discredit the strong and growing economy under Obama and it is unwarranted now. Demographics and pri are choices drive that number.

But we all warned Red two years ago that using that number would come back to bite him in the ass, so have at him.

Hey Red! The economy is not strong, people are frustrated looking for jobs! The supposedly good job numbers are merely a symptom of the under performing economy! And all the other idiotic bullshit you  - and Cadet Obstructing Donnie Bone Spurs - spouted three years ago to dispute the strength of the Obama economy despite signs of growth in line with what we have now!
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: May 03, 2019, 02:53:13 PM »

Yeah. Sure. Uh-huh.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #13387 on: May 03, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »

"That was intelligent."

Meanwhile, back at the Pine Ridge.....

Chase Iron Eyes, the public relations liaison for Bear Runner, told The Post that the laws pose a direct threat to members of the Oglala Sioux Tribe, many of whom plan to oppose the pipeline project, which would run through, and could threaten, sacred tribal lands.

“We have a right to speak freely,” Iron Eyes said. “We have a right to peaceably assemble."

Tribe leaders have said Noem and state legislators excluded them from the bill crafting process and instead elected to meet with TransCanada, the company behind the $8 billion project. Iron Eyes said the effort amounted to a violation of the tribe’s sovereignty and the treaty it signed with the United States.

“We don’t feel Kristi Noem wrote this legislation for the good of South Dakotans, or our land, or our water,” he said. “We believe big extraction wrote this legislation.”   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/03/oglala-sioux-tribe-tells-south-dakota-governor-she-is-not-welcome-their-reservation/?utm_term=.a41c5cc551b6#

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: May 03, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »

We need to balance trade. If people want us to buy their stuff, then they need to buy our stuff. And the USA produces some great stuff, so we are not punishing people by making them buy our stuff.

We need to expand exports to China; the Chinese need to buy our stuff. And it is not punishing them to make them eat California cheese and to drink California wine, and to drink Florida orange juice, and to have some Kentucky Bourbon, etc. The USA produces some great things that the Chinese need to buy.

We need to balance trade, if they want us to buy their stuff, then they need to buy our stuff. And we can sell them Jeeps, and Harley Davidsons, etc, etc, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »

A good chance he might throw Benghazi!!! in there just to cover all contingencies.
Im surprised you bring up Benghazi since those hearings brought Hillary’s email problems front and center. Not to mention her subsequent problems with Comey and the latest criticisms from Obama.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: May 03, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

CA Senate Passes Bill That Could Keep President Trump Off Primary Ballot if He Doesn’t Release Tax Returns

POSTED 1:54 PM, MAY 3, 2019, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS, UPDATED AT 02:39PM, MAY 3, 2019

https://ktla.com/2019/05/03/ca-senate-passes-bill-that-could-keep-president-trump-off-primary-ballot-if-he-doesnt-release-tax-returns/

-------------

The only question, is it Constitutional to force someone who is running for President to show their tax records to the American people?

Remember, that as an American citizen I have to pay taxes and show the American government all of my income numbers, even if I live in Italy I still have to pay taxes to America and report my income to the United States government. If I have a winery in Tuscany, and a movie production office at Cinecitta, and a night club with a restaurant in Rome, then I have to give the government of the USA all of my income numbers and I have to pay taxes on the money that I earn. Some people give up their U.S. citizenship over the issue of paying taxes on money earned overseas.

So, while we are in the process of making everyone transparent on their earnings and taxes, is it Constitutional to require the President to show his tax records? And should the Constitution be changed to make it Constitutional if it is not Constitutional?

For me, I think that if he does not have anything to hide then Trump should not be worried about making his tax records public knowledge. But, with that said, I know that many times our rights are violated because we allow it because we feel that we do not have anything to hide, such as when we are stopped and searched for no reason by the police. Our Constituional rights are often violated and we allow it because we do not have anything to hide, and maybe we need to stand up for our rights, based on our princples. We will see what Trump does. He is now forced to respond.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: May 03, 2019, 08:04:45 PM »

Im surprised you bring up Benghazi since those hearings brought Hillary’s email problems front and center. Not to mention her subsequent problems with Comey and the latest criticisms from Obama.
Red got a tax cut.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13392 on: May 03, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: May 04, 2019, 08:05:36 AM »

NYT headline:

Putin Derides “Russia Hoax” in Call With Trump.

Yeah. Sure sounds like the Dossier was a Russian attempt to hurt Trump.

Our Attorney General is a Fox News Zombie.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Immigration
« Reply #13394 on: May 04, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »

The Latin Americans are not the only group to have been harassed in the USA.

It happened to the Italians too.

"They are all criminals."

"They are a filthy race of people."

https://italoamericano.org/story/2019-5-3/new-orleans-lynched-italians

Now the Italian-Americans are loved, and Italian-Americans are on top of the entertainment industry in the USA, and Italian-Americans are at the top of every industry in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 4288