Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873154 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1380 on: August 25, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »

Is that what's going on?
As part of Pecker's cooperation, his media group is letting folks out of any trump related non-disclosure agreements, many of which carry large financial penalties?  Interesting.

Trump is certainly right about one thing.
You never want an independent prosecutor appointed
Yeah, there are a.lot of things, like Manaforts tax frauds, that tend to slide under the radar unless you give.them some reason to look.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 25, 2018, 10:53:20 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-tower-doorman-contract-ami/index.html

Now that the National Enquirer has turned on Trump, folks previously bound to silence by their exclusivity contracts are now free to talk.

This one is now talking.

Does it involve anything criminal? Probably not.

But it does seem pretty likely to involve an out-of-wedlock child.

Yeah. We’re going to have a slow rolling avalanche of trump’s secret children and coerced abortions right on through the elections. Also NYC & NYS probably don’t feel the same compunction not to bring new indictments or other similar bombshells down in the trump klan during election season.

Which trump spawn is first to grab an immunity deal of their own and turn on the patriarch? I think it will be Eric followed closely by Ivanka.
Though not technically spawn, my money is on Jared.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 25, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »

So,  millions of votes,  and they found 19 were fraudulent. 

It's the End Times.   Crack open the 7th seal.   Release the four horsemen.

They did. Roy Moore was the first, riding just as well as he campaigned.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 25, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-tower-doorman-contract-ami/index.html

Now that the National Enquirer has turned on Trump, folks previously bound to silence by their exclusivity contracts are now free to talk.

This one is now talking.

Yeah. We’re going to have a slow rolling avalanche of trump’s secret children and coerced abortions right on through the elections. Also NYC & NYS probably don’t feel the same compunction not to bring new indictments or other similar bombshells down in the trump klan during election season.

Which trump spawn is first to grab an immunity deal of their own and turn on the patriarch? I think it will be Eric followed closely by Ivanka.

Not happening

ERIC is the heir apparent, by the way.....

Likeliest Trump to run in future.

Jared's Judaism is no longer a deterrent.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 25, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-protect-oil-facilities-from-climate-change-coastal-spine/

While the GOP may be in denial about the importance of climate change, at least while engaged in group think, Big Oil has figured out that it is a real, substantial problem that needs to be addressed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #1385 on: August 25, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 25, 2018, 03:35:25 PM »

This one is now talking.

Not happening

ERIC is the heir apparent, by the way.....

Likeliest Trump to run in future.

Jared's Judaism is no longer a deterrent.

Donnie Jr may have limited political appeal after he gets indicted for lieing to the FBI and being a Russian dupe, dad will probably pardon him, but then he's got all the Foundation stuff and tax evasion stuff the the NY AG has on him. And Eric too. Their best shot may be running as cell block leaders under the sponsor ship of the Aryan Brothehood.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Jared's Judaism may work against him in that regard.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 25, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

Good news for democratic process...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/25/democrats-rules-superdelegates-sanders

Now if they can get rid of the caucuses.

(And the Superdelegates have not changed the result of a single Democratic presidential race, despite the screaming about it. It's kind of like the claims that Clinton won some Sanders' Iowa districts by coin flips. A lot of noise. Not much substance.)

My friends who think that this change will make for a different look to the conventions or the process don't seem to understand that this is just going to change the number of elected delegates who are not otherwise prominent officials in the party.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 25, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

https://gritpost.com/gop-candidate-governor-tax-returns/

If he shows his tax returns, his workers may revolt, he says! Or worse yet, form a union!

Had he not said that, it might not have worked out that way. But at this point, it seems likely that he will end up with a union, either way.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1389 on: August 25, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »

Good news for democratic process...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/25/democrats-rules-superdelegates-sanders

Now if they can get rid of the caucuses.

(And the Superdelegates have not changed the result of a single Democratic presidential race, despite the screaming about it. It's kind of like the claims that Clinton won some Sanders' Iowa districts by coin flips. A lot of noise. Not much substance.)

My friends who think that this change will make for a different look to the conventions or the process don't seem to understand that this is just going to change the number of elected delegates who are not otherwise prominent officials in the party.

This argument over the Superdelegates is bogus but demanded by the purity progressives, despite the system’s facilitation of bringing more diversity into thr process. This is why Bernie contingent can’t win the trust of the Democratic rock solid base... black women.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 25, 2018, 04:03:40 PM »

I keep insisting that there is good reason to believe the GOP is racist.

Here's the latest support for that argument:
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjkam5/poll-most-republicans-think-a-good-president-could-say-the-n-word

64% of GOP members think a president can say nigger and still be a good president. Only 43% of them think it's an offensive word.

Not that I'm pleased with the Democratic Party members numbers, either. Better than the GOP is not the same as good.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 25, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Alameda-schools-new-dress-code-Tube-tops-are-13167331.php

For Bambu, one of our resident misogynists who thinks girls have to be responsible for boys' behavior and attitude and focus.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 25, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »

THe optics of the super-delegates wasn't good. It appeared that even though Sanders was holding his own in contested primaries, Dem insiders appointed by Clinton power-brokers had the real power and #s to nominate Clinton. From that article the S-Ds remain, but they can't vote unless there is a 2nd ballot.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 04:18:10 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1393 on: August 25, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »

THe optics of the super-delegates wasn't good. It appeared that even though Sanders was holding his own in contested primaries, Dem insiders appointed by Clinton power-brokers had the real power and #s to nominate Clinton. From that article the S-Ds remain, but they can't vote unless their is a 2nd ballot.

This is the crack in the Democrats armor. They worry about optics while the GOP doesn’t give a shit how something “looks.”

That’s how we lost the majority in 2010.

Bernie got his ass pretty well kicked in the primary even if his folks bothered to show up in Vegas he would have lost... Superdelegates had shit to do with the result but it “looked bad.”
This is my opinion derived from my perspective gained by my experience in the Democratic Party from local committeeman to contract op for the DNC.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 25, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »

THe optics of the super-delegates wasn't good. It appeared that even though Sanders was holding his own in contested primaries, Dem insiders appointed by Clinton power-brokers had the real power and #s to nominate Clinton. From that article the S-Ds remain, but they can't vote unless their is a 2nd ballot.

This is the crack in the Democrats armor. They worry about optics while the GOP doesn’t give a shit how something “looks.”

That’s how we lost the majority in 2010.

Bernie got his ass pretty well kicked in the primary even if his folks bothered to show up in Vegas he would have lost... Superdelegates had shit to do with the result but it “looked bad.”
This is my opinion derived from my perspective gained by my experience in the Democratic Party from local committeeman to contract op for the DNC.

I'm just a voter and an ocassional check writer but I didn't like the SD advantage. It looked like the fix was in and I supported Hillary (half-heartedly in '16) and understood the edge it gave her.

We heard early on that Clinton had a huge delegate lead before the primary season started. Its possible with a more level playing field and the absence of this well publicized advantage that more primary voters might have exercised their franchise, and uncommitted delegates might have kept a more open mind IF (big if) they knew their respective state primary was already seeding 30% of the delegates to Clinton. people like to back winners.

I just want fair election. I'll let Republicans dive into the muck. And if they get caught cheating people at the polls, I'd throw them in jail.

Just my 2 scents.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 4288