Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606869 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #14190 on: May 23, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »

SEVENTEEN!!!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: May 23, 2019, 11:41:55 PM »

Allie Beth Stuckey sounds like a reasonable voice on public policy, but why is she so keen on promoting child trafficking and child traffickers? It’s very weird.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: May 24, 2019, 12:35:47 AM »

One way to stop the drug trade in America and the rest of the 'Christian' west is to lock up in re-education camps in the mountains [as an alternative to prison and a criminal record]....all the people buying and using illegal drugs.

Lock up the dealers in prison.
Lock up the users in camps.

Wouldn't take long for the drug trade to stop, IMO.

Shows what your opinion is worth.

In 2013, the estimate was that more than 24 million residents of the United States had used illegal drugs in the prior month.

That was about 9.4% of the country at the time. We have fewer than a tenth that many people currently in jail, at a cost of $181 billion.

Add the cost of construction of those prisons to the $2 TRILLION dollars you are proposing we spend (and realize that 24 million is one month, not one year of who used drugs) plus the loss to the economy of the work that they are doing plus the loss of the taxes they are paying and I have to figure you have just blown past our annual budget for FY 2019.

Congratulations, Bambi, you have just set a new standard for how clueless you can be.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: May 24, 2019, 12:38:21 AM »

So Trump has called off negotiations with the democrats in the House.

Ward comes out in favor of holding the nation hostage over Trump's fear of being investigated.

Amoral hypocrite strikes again.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: May 24, 2019, 07:39:25 AM »

Ward comes out in favor of holding the nation hostage over Trump's fear of being investigated.

You need look no further for an example of REDSTATEWARD’s mendacity than his claim that the economy has “taken off” under Trump.

Not even the party apparatus that lied for decades about the origins of the growth under Reagan has tried to make that claim for Trump.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: May 24, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »

So Trump is giving Barr the green light to declassify whatever he wants related to the investigation of the Trump Campaign’s ties to Russia, and has ordered the CIA to reveal to him their Russian assets:

One official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss classified matters, said previously that Mr. Barr wanted to know more about what foreign assets the C.I.A. had in Russia in 2016 and what those informants were telling the agency about how President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia sought to meddle in the 2016 election...

“It sends a signal that their identity may be exposed for purely political purposes,” Mr. Bash said. “If I were in charge of intelligence operations, I would be worried about sources clamming up tonight.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/us/politics/trump-barr-intelligence.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Putin with a wide smile on his face right now.

I’ll say it again. This is about 2020.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: May 24, 2019, 07:57:53 AM »

Doctored video will be a real problem in the future, used to promote misinformation by those whose main intention is to lie to and deceive voters. So of course Trump is promoting it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1009551

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: May 24, 2019, 08:14:42 AM »

Michelle Goldberg nails it on the impeachment question:

Some Democrats might fear a repeat of the mistakes Republicans made when they impeached Clinton two decades ago, but this suggests a lack of faith in their own leadership. Clinton was impeached for covering up sex with an intern. Were Trump to be impeached, it would be for covering up his entanglements, financial and otherwise, with a hostile foreign power, blatantly profiting from his office, declaring himself above the law, and demanding freedom from oversight as the price of fulfilling ordinary presidential responsibilities. If Democratic politicians don’t believe they can make the public see the difference between these two impeachment scenarios, perhaps they are in the wrong line of work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/opinion/trump-pelosi-impeachment.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: May 24, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »

Morning Joe reminds us today how Ms Clinton "won" by 3 million votes

heh

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president

barton

« Reply #14200 on: May 24, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »

Sorry, but:  paywall.

BTW, living in 2016 is a nice mental health move for you.  No need to confront what's going on in 2019. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14201 on: May 24, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »

Morning Joe reminds us today how Ms Clinton "won" by 3 million votes

heh

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president

65,853,625 votes (48.0%)
62,985,106 votes (45.9%)

Yeah. So what?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: May 24, 2019, 11:51:09 AM »

You need look no further for an example of REDSTATEWARD’s mendacity than his claim that the economy has “taken off” under Trump.
I didn’t “ claim” anything. I just repeated facts.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: May 24, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »

You are a liar.

I am not claiming anything. I am just repeating facts.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: May 24, 2019, 12:31:05 PM »

You are revealing, hilariously, that you don't know what the word "fact" means.  You posted a subjective interpretation of our current economic condition without posting any actual economic data to back it up.  And that subjective opinion is actually in conflict with the facts.

Those facts?  We could pick any number of economic indicators that show no sign of a boom or "take off" under Trump, but just take the two you chose:   Jobs and Wages.  Fact- Over 500,000 more jobs were created the last two years under Obama than Trump's first two years.  Fact - During that time, unadjusted weekly average wage growth (the indicator the Trump WH themselves point to) increased 3.3% under Obama, only 1.1% under Trump. 

See how its done, REDSTATEWARD?  Now you try.
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 4288