Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1875761 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1455 on: August 26, 2018, 11:33:57 PM »

Obama was the last Republican President. I sort of miss that party, a little. The brainless fucks who took the name deserve the asswhooping they are going to get in November.

The usual - that the opposite party gains some traction after first 2 years.

Funny.

Funny...

https://www.axios.com/2018-midterm-elections-republicans-preparation-investigations-180abf7b-0de8-4670-ae8a-2e6da123c584.html

Batten down the hatches, boys. Storm’s coming for ya.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1456 on: August 26, 2018, 11:48:22 PM »

But I think you underestimate the antisemitic(sic)sentiment in this country that mostly has little cause to come out on a daily basis.
According to the totality of posts from Josh, the GOP hates Jews, are all white Christians, and are racist, to boot.
Nevertheless, the party has, at the ballot box, won over the halls of Congress, the White House, and holds a legislative majority in, roughly, 60% of the states.
In the immortal words of Richard Tuck:
“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

According to Josh, many people hate Jews, not just the Republicans.

According to Josh, the GOP is overwhelmngly white.

According to the ADL, ~14 percent of the population – approximately 34 million American adults – holds anti-Semitic beliefs.

According to the ADL, about half of Americans are familiar with the so-called “alt-right” and 62 percent consider this movement to be anti-Semitic.

According to Gallup, eighty-nine percent of Republicans nationwide in 2012 were non-Hispanic white.

According to the Public Religion Research Group, nearly 3-in-4 Republicans, 73 percent, identify as white Christians — and nearly half of them (~35%) identify as white evangelical Christians.

According to Pew, the GOP is 86% white, down from 94% twenty years ago.

Your party is racist, to boot, and nothing you have shown even touches that position, while article after legislation after court decision that I have linked to illustrates my point.
Your bigotry is belied by the Research you ignore.

In Pew Research Center surveys conducted in 2017, 37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as democrats and 26% as Republicans

How is it that the minority (GOP) has the MAJORITY of legislative power at the Federal and State levels?
But keep tilting at windmills Josh. Don’t give up turning over rocks to look for racists, Jew haters, Christians, misogynists, and other assorted deplorables.

How did that strategy work for Hillary?

Voter suppression, gerrymandering and general election fuckery combined with a message of fear and hate to gullible white voters who get fucked by the rich white voters who benefit from the policies purchased by wealthy white elites who fund think tanks and entities such as ALEC and buy SCOTUS seats for judges who gutted the Voting Rights Act (Shelby v Holder) and Citizens United which let unlimited dark money into the political system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzP_s-Ynr0M

But you know that.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1457 on: August 26, 2018, 11:59:19 PM »

But I think you underestimate the antisemitic(sic)sentiment in this country that mostly has little cause to come out on a daily basis.
According to the totality of posts from Josh, the GOP hates Jews, are all white Christians, and are racist, to boot.
Nevertheless, the party has, at the ballot box, won over the halls of Congress, the White House, and holds a legislative majority in, roughly, 60% of the states.
“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

According to the ADL, ~14 percent of the population – approximately 34 million American adults – holds anti-Semitic beliefs.

According to the ADL, about half of Americans are familiar with the so-called “alt-right” and 62 percent consider this movement to be anti-Semitic.

According to Gallup, eighty-nine percent of Republicans nationwide in 2012 were non-Hispanic white.

According to the Public Religion Research Group, nearly 3-in-4 Republicans, 73 percent, identify as white Christians — and nearly half of them (~35%) identify as white evangelical Christians.

Your party is racist, to boot, and nothing you have shown even touches that position, while article after legislation after court decision that I have linked to illustrates my point.

Why you guys try to reason with this schmuck is beyond me...

There are people who read this forum, but do not post.

I have no reason to believe Red is capable of dealing with facts. The silent ones might be moved.

Gotcha!

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 27, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

In Pew Research Center surveys conducted in 2017, 37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as democrats and 26% as Republicans

How is it that the minority (GOP) has the MAJORITY of legislative power at the Federal and State levels?
But keep tilting at windmills Josh. Don’t give up turning over rocks to look for racists, Jew haters, Christians, misogynists, and other assorted deplorables.

Until Comey broke the law and the media celebrated it, it was working fine, despite the misogyny in all three parties, but especially yours.

The way you have the power at the state level is incredibly poor management/planning by the Dems going into 2010. We'll see what 2020's state elections and subsequent redistricting do.

I loathe gerrymandering, whether it's PA or MD or NC or TX. It's a problem. Your party has used it for both political and racist purposes. It's been called out on its racism more than once for it, while you bury your head in the sand and insist that there is no racism there.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 27, 2018, 12:07:39 AM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

Voter suppression, gerrymandering and general election fuckery combined with a message of fear and hate to gullible white voters who get fucked by the rich white voters who benefit from the policies purchased by wealthy white elites who fund think tanks and entities such as ALEC and buy SCOTUS seats for judges who gutted the Voting Rights Act (Shelby v Holder) and Citizens United which let unlimited dark money into the political system.

Where was there any suppression  of voters? Gerrymandering is the result of 2010 elections that did not reward democrats. Elections have consequences.
Gullible white voters? 70 per cent of Independents and 60 per cent of democrats are white.
The Voting Rights Act was hardly gutted. Citizens United had nothing to do with dark money.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 27, 2018, 12:09:31 AM »

Red does know that. He’s damn proud of his pirate band of shameless hacks as they work to reverse every positive step in American History. He’s living a zero-sum life, both in defining his core philosophy and also in calculating what the end results of all his efforts will be worth.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 27, 2018, 12:14:26 AM »

“The people have spoken.
The bastards. “

Until Comey broke the law and the media celebrated it, it was working fine, despite the misogyny in all three parties, but especially yours.
LOL
The way you have the power at the state level is incredibly poor management/planning by the Dems going into 2010.

ObamaCare.

I loathe gerrymandering, whether it's PA or MD or NC or TX. It's a problem. Your party has used it for both political and racist purposes. It's been called out on its racism more than once for it, while you bury your head in the sand and insist that there is no racism there.
Fine, you hate gerrymandering.
Then win some elections.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 27, 2018, 12:20:53 AM »

When confronted with the truth, Red can always find a way to become more of an asshole. While his tantrums pass like farts in the wind, the truth remains

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/poll-prri-voter-suppression/565355/

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #1463 on: August 27, 2018, 09:26:41 AM »

I would not count on Red to read that eye opening article and respond to its factual content.  He's never going to admit that his party is responsible for its own cheating.  It's the Democrats fault.  When the opposing team calls you on your cheating, just point to the scoreboard and say,  hey,  just stop us from winning.  They might as well be serial killers,  sending notes with cut out letters to the police saying "stop me before I cheat again! " 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 27, 2018, 09:49:45 AM »

If a black or Latino wants to vote in this nation, they will find a way to vote.

Candidates arranging rides is now even the new norm.

Fifteen percent of black respondents and 14 percent of Hispanic respondents said that they had trouble finding polling places on Election Day, versus 5 percent of whites. This finding squares with research indicating that frequent changes to polling-site locations hurt minority voters more. Additionally, more than one in 10 blacks and Hispanics missed the registration deadline to vote in 2016, as opposed to just 3 percent of whites. And black and Hispanic respondents were twice as likely as white respondents to have been unable to get time off work for voting.

Missing deadlines -

Cant find the polling place -

Come on.   Again, if it is meaningful you will get it done.

That it ISNT as meaningful to some is your more important issue.  Again - I would imagine tens of thousands that found a way to vote for Obama were not as "interested" for Hilary.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #1465 on: August 27, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »

Impressive!

(Holder is the one I am watching)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1466 on: August 27, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »

If a black or Latino wants to vote in this nation, they will find a way to vote.

Candidates arranging rides is now even the new norm.

Fifteen percent of black respondents and 14 percent of Hispanic respondents said that they had trouble finding polling places on Election Day, versus 5 percent of whites. This finding squares with research indicating that frequent changes to polling-site locations hurt minority voters more. Additionally, more than one in 10 blacks and Hispanics missed the registration deadline to vote in 2016, as opposed to just 3 percent of whites. And black and Hispanic respondents were twice as likely as white respondents to have been unable to get time off work for voting.

Missing deadlines -

Cant find the polling place -

Come on.   Again, if it is meaningful you will get it done.

That it ISNT as meaningful to some is your more important issue.  Again - I would imagine tens of thousands that found a way to vote for Obama were not as "interested" for Hilary.

Shelby v. Holder was AFTER Obama.

That’s when assholes started building higher hurdles for blacks and Latinos.

Ain’t nothing but a variation on a theme.

“How many bubbles in a bar of soap?”

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 27, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »

I would not count on Red to read that eye opening article and respond to its factual content.  He's never going to admit that his party is responsible for its own cheating.  It's the Democrats fault.  When the opposing team calls you on your cheating, just point to the scoreboard and say,  hey,  just stop us from winning.  They might as well be serial killers,  sending notes with cut out letters to the police saying "stop me before I cheat again! "

Black turnout for the 2016 presidential election declined about 7.5%, nationally, from 2012.
In Wisconsin it was 7.5%.
The overall black turnout in 2016 was about the same as it was in 2004.
Barack Obama was responsible for a surge in black Voting in 2008 and 2012.
Obama was not on the ballot in 2016.

barton

« Reply #1468 on: August 27, 2018, 11:21:36 AM »

Kid, I hear you.

What's missing from your picture of voters too lazy to locate and transport themselves to a polling station is that poverty comes with various burdens on time (most of the poor have to work - shocking, I know), childcare responsibilities, language barriers (in some cases) and deficits of transportation that may thwart the best of intentions.  As a practical matter, one role of government is to improve access, without partisan influence. 

You wouldn't probably question this role of improving access in other areas of life.  Would you tell your public library, "Hey, no need to bother with a handicapped ramp or elevators up to the stacks!  If the disabled really want books or other information services, I'm sure they will find a way!"   We don't sit around and make an issue of whether libraries are "meaningful" to the handicapped.  The fact is, if our society values something, we come together and try to make it accessible to everyone.  That's kind of the point of civilization.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 27, 2018, 11:28:20 AM »

Kid doesn’t believe in public libraries. The fly in the face of his Purge/Hunger Games vision of America’s future.

In Australia, betrayals May have (easily predicted) consequences

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/27/malcolm-turnbull-to-trigger-byelection-by-quitting-parliament-on-friday

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 4288