Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2005575 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1680 on: August 30, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »

Who knows what REDSTATEWARD and kiidcarter8 do with their time online when they aren't here.   
  - NA

In fairness,  I would point out that Kid,  yesterday, posted

"I like Gillum.  He'd be good for the state."

It's possible he's got more ideological flex than I had previously thought.

I’ll take it...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 30, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »

BlondieBell on MSNBC says DeSantis needs to be asked, "Are you a racist?"

Heh

Like that would solve anything.

Tough slip for the FLA Republicans, surely.

barton

« Reply #1683 on: August 30, 2018, 12:33:32 PM »

Step in the right direction, on the Roy Oliver case.  Any way our legislators could insure this guy doesn't ever get his hands on a gun again, after he gets out?  Right after they end global warming, I imagine. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 30, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »

Who knows what REDSTATEWARD and kiidcarter8 do with their time online when they aren't here...
Can’t speak for anyone else but times are good. My 401k is booming.  My business is growing, my taxes are lower. I have more time for family vacations and getaway cruises, etc. 
Thanks for your concern but life is good.
How are you doing? 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:04:37 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1685 on: August 30, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »

Who knows what REDSTATEWARD and kiidcarter8 do with their time online when they aren't here...
Can’t speak for anyone else but times are good. My 401k is booming.  My business is growing, my taxes are lower. I have more time for family vacations and getaway cruises, etc. 
How are you doing?

“So tonight we’re gonna party like it’s Nineteen Twenty-nine!”

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 30, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »

How are you doing?

Your failure/unwillingness to read can be said to be pathological at this point.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 30, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »

My business is growing, my taxes are lower.

Great to hear.  Are you raising your employee salaries?

Because our “President” despite his great concern for middle class wages, is not:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/30/federal-pay-freeze-trump-cancels-2-1-percent-pay-raise-federal-workers-citing-budget-deficit/1145355002/

The “President” says the government needs to save money.  But of course, he signed a tax law into place that will cost $150 Billion for the next ten years, when these raises amounted to $25 Billion for one.  And they were actual, direct, middle class wage increases.  Rather than depending on the power of “trickle down” to raise wages, which anyone could have told him wasn’t going to work.  But this is typical of the GOP.  They claim to want to help America’s working class, but if you work for the government you compete for dollars they want to give back to their wealthy donors.  The later wins every time.

Irony is, because of the way budget caps work, this doesn’t actually save any money.  The extra dollars freed up from the budget for pay increases will go to appropriations to spend on other things.  But maybe it isn’t ironic at all, just expected that our “President” doesn’t actually understand how the government works.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 30, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »

"....because of the way the budget cap works...."

You know - I marvel every day at how fortunate we are to have a few guys -m one in particular - on this forum who know everyTHING about EVERYthing - it's a wonder one of them isnt in the OVAL instead of DT - how selfish of them to deprive the nation of their respective expertise.

Sure do throw a helluva stone though, eh?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 30, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »

How are you doing?

Good for you. But don’t forget the great lesson of that year.
Buy low.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1690 on: August 30, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »

How are you doing?

Buy low.

Don’t forget the exuberance of the public toward the market in 1928. Everyone was trying to get in on the boom and throngs jumped on the bandwagon in early 1929 by buying on margin.

That was the great lesson of 1929 - don’t buy on margin unless you can cover a margin call if the stock dips below a certain level.

By the way, did you catch the pop culture reference in the sentence? I was dreaming when I wrote it...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 30, 2018, 04:55:15 PM »

How are you doing?

Buy low.

Don’t forget the exuberance of the public toward the market in 1928. Everyone was trying to get in on the boom and throngs jumped on the bandwagon in early 1929 by buying on margin.

That was the great lesson of 1929 - don’t buy on margin unless you can cover a margin call if the stock dips below a certain level.

By the way, did you catch the pop culture reference in the sentence? I was dreaming when I wrote it...

So...is Cuomo the next FDR? OR will it be Cynthia Nixon??. Nixon's the one, but not that one.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 30, 2018, 05:59:13 PM »

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1146112002

Trump's message is getting through.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 30, 2018, 08:01:37 PM »

An article on Fox News website today;

"Dems move further left ahead of midterm elections"

#####

No great surprise...the Left everywhere seems to be becoming Far Left.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 30, 2018, 08:28:15 PM »

That's what it looks like when the right everywhere is becoming Nazis.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 4288