Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870488 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17550 on: July 29, 2019, 10:48:10 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17551 on: July 29, 2019, 10:50:45 PM »

The responsibility for us ordinary citizens

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1875195

Working against voter suppression is job number 1. It has to be done on the ground.

Some good ideas there.  My latest car purchase, this summer, was partly done with poll transportation in mind.  We have a fair number of people out here who have some difficulty getting to their polling station.  I will be available all voting day, and during the early voting period.
How is your voting district burdened by voter ‘ suppression’?

Take a dip sea lion.
Say what?

Here, ignoramus:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sealioning

Sealioning

A subtle form of trolling involving "bad-faith" questions. You disingenuously frame your conversation as a sincere request to be enlightened, placing the burden of educating you entirely on the other party. If your bait is successful, the other party may engage, painstakingly laying out their logic and evidence in the false hope of helping someone learn. In fact you are attempting to harass or waste the time of the other party, and have no intention of truly entertaining their point of view. Instead, you react to each piece of information by misinterpreting it or requesting further clarification, ad nauseum. The name "sea-lioning" comes from a Wondermark comic strip.
I spent five minutes asking polite questions, sealioning him into hours of writing until he got exasperated and told me to fuck off.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17553 on: July 29, 2019, 11:17:30 PM »

Baltimore, that city that Trump promised to help, before he got elected, is going to be the host city for the GOP annual retreat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-republicans-plan-yearly-retreat-in-baltimore-despite-trumps-attacks/2019/07/29/38f882c0-b216-11e9-8f6c-7828e68cb15f_story.html?fbclid=IwAR3UAEzI_CJTCL8aZieKCWoIBi1XAjFbCtqALySpdMYuVW0GXQJjE8ogDHU
Well, if they didn't have a problem with rat and rodent infestation before....
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17557 on: July 30, 2019, 12:57:01 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17559 on: July 30, 2019, 01:26:41 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17560 on: July 30, 2019, 04:18:31 AM »

That’s good. People need to keep seeing that.

I think the turtle squawked because it felt itself get harpooned.

#moscowmitch
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17561 on: July 30, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »

http://www.theweek.com/5things/855705/congress-trump-adviser-used-ties-promote-saudi-nuclear-project#3item

When you are looking for the proximate cause of the hitler lover’s most recent tirade, it is typically because some more corruption has leaked out of the baby’s diaper spreading stink and stain.

Foreign policy for sale? Trump’s done it.

Republican corruption strikes equally at national monuments and national defense.

This looks like another article of impeachment.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17562 on: July 30, 2019, 08:18:33 AM »

#moscowmitch
Do you harpoon turtles?
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

barton

« Reply #17563 on: July 30, 2019, 08:57:25 AM »

#moscowmitch
Do you harpoon turtles?

Turtles squawking is also new to me.   Maybe it was a mock turtle.

barton

« Reply #17564 on: July 30, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »

The responsibility for us ordinary citizens

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1875195

Working against voter suppression is job number 1. It has to be done on the ground.

Some good ideas there.  My latest car purchase, this summer, was partly done with poll transportation in mind.  We have a fair number of people out here who have some difficulty getting to their polling station.  I will be available all voting day, and during the early voting period.
How is your voting district burdened by voter ‘ suppression’?

Have a sardine.
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 4288