Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1665689 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1950 on: September 05, 2018, 06:17:56 PM »

Those who worked for the soon to be sent packing Trump - and would favor his ouster - their own world be damned.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 05, 2018, 06:21:55 PM »

Jeb! Got it right.

"He's a chaos candidate, and he'll be a chaos president."

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 05, 2018, 06:26:26 PM »

https://twitter.com/GLFOP/status/1037146311701790720

"Since 2016, 381 cops have been killed in the line of duty. They believed in something and sacrificed everything as did the families they left behind. All of the men and women in law enforcement believe in something and are prepared to sacrifice everything"

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 05, 2018, 06:26:37 PM »

ahhhh.....you will pay us back down the line

You were in favor of everything Hil had planned, I trust...?

(and what she HAD done)

heh

I think this game of political partisanship tit for tat has been going on at least since Watergate.

McConnell upped the stakes to a potentially de-stabilizing level.

It was dangerous and short sighted.

But you got the gowns.

congratulations

And as I posted at the time I had strong reservations about HC, but was more aligned with her and her policies, than Trump's.

i thought him ill-prepared for the job and dangerous.

And I feel more so today.

Except he may also be a felon, a Russian puppet and traitor.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 05, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »

Well yeah.......

from important work, from the lofty perch can spring such mythology.... the stone throwers always having their say

AMERICA.  The Bill of Rights.

heh

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 05, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

Where's my stomne? It was here a minute ago.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 05, 2018, 06:37:30 PM »

Well yeah.......

from important work, from the lofty perch can spring such mythology.... the stone throwers always having their say

AMERICA.  The Bill of Rights.

heh
?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 05, 2018, 07:24:32 PM »

Where's my stomne? It was here a minute ago.

Right down next to your 3 inch weiner - which you of course cant see any more either.

Very creative, kid.

Why don't you just drop down on your GOP Kneepads and swallow once more whatever gism they decide to spew into your willing mouth?

Or grow a set, and form an independent opinion?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 05, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »

Latest tweet from Trump.

"Then there was the strawberry incident. They ALL turned against me!"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:40 PM »

A 15-20% popular republican party, which is the level of support to which they are headed, won’t be able to stop the removal of Kavanaugh for felonious lying under oath, and Thomas for moral turpitude. That will bring the court back to justice by 2021.

It was good of Kid to spell out the motive for Treason throughout the cabinet. State of mind is an important element of the crime.

Luee, trump was going to kill your beautiful baby, Assad, and let ISIS get Syria. Is that the lunatic you’re looking for?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 05, 2018, 08:01:02 PM »

"Since 2016, 381 cops have been killed in the line of duty. They believed in something and sacrificed everything as did the families they left behind. All of the men and women in law enforcement believe in something and are prepared to sacrifice everything"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/12/28/number-officers-killed-2017-hits-nearly-50-year-low/984477001/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-nationwide-police-fatal-shootings-2017-20180106-story.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/police-killed-2016-average

I think the number is screwy unless the meaning is changed to "from Jan 1, 2016," and even then I am pretty skeptical of that 381.

This is not to say that that the police do not believe in something and, honestly, their sacrifices are far greater than the sum of the lives. I appreciate that there lives are on the line. I wish more of them appreciated that it is not just their lives on the line.

But as a rebuttal to Nike and Kaepernick. it's weak sauce.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 05, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »

Or it was Steven Ford at Pence and Koch direction. The factions on the right are hardening around the line where the party will fissure. Just a little more failure and the amoral fucks will all turn on each other. The current ruse is unsustainable.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 05, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »

Latest tweet from Trump.

"Then there was the strawberry incident. They ALL turned against me!"
I'm trying to corner the market on ball bearings.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 05, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/12/28/number-officers-killed-2017-hits-nearly-50-year-low/984477001/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-nationwide-police-fatal-shootings-2017-20180106-story.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/police-killed-2016-average

I think the number is screwy unless the meaning is changed to "from Jan 1, 2016," and even then I am pretty skeptical of that 381.

This is not to say that that the police do not believe in something and, honestly, their sacrifices are far greater than the sum of the lives. I appreciate that there lives are on the line. I wish more of them appreciated that it is not just their lives on the line.

But as a rebuttal to Nike and Kaepernick. it's weak sauce.
I’m waiting here for YankGuy to jump in and yell
 SCOREBOARD!
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 4288