Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1880299 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19920 on: September 04, 2019, 10:13:53 PM »

Race or racism has nothing to do with anything I posted nor anyone I quoted.

You should read the quotes you post before you post them.
Whatever that is supposed to mean.
It means that before you post.a quote, you should read it.
I always do.

You don't even read what you write, Ward, let alone comprehend it.

You're the guy who wrote this, after all!
The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.
Which is absolutely true.

The cases you cited said nothing about the ratification of the Constitution.

You might try reading The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution.
The Second Amendment was not ratified? 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19921 on: September 04, 2019, 10:19:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/opinions/pence-barr-money-trumps-pocket-honig/index.html

Meanwhile, the Mafia term for what Barr and Pence did is "kicking up," which puts some of their money in Trump's pocket.

And Pence's office can't help lying about it, either!

On Tuesday, Pence's chief of staff remarked that the decision was made on Trump's suggestion. The Vice President's office later stated, "at no time did the President direct our office to stay at his Doonbeg resort."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19922 on: September 04, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »

And so much for that imminent invasion of Hong Kong by the Chinese government's army to quell the uprising.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/asia/hong-kong-carrie-lam-extradition-bill-intl-hnk/index.html

Do you suppose the uprising will sink down now?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19923 on: September 04, 2019, 10:29:56 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/opinions/pence-barr-money-trumps-pocket-honig/index.html

Meanwhile, the Mafia term for what Barr and Pence did is "kicking up," which puts some of their money in Trump's pocket.

On Tuesday, Pence's chief of staff remarked that the decision was made on Trump's suggestion. The Vice President's office later stated, "at no time did the President direct our office to stay at his Doonbeg resort."
I always get a kick out of Josh’s citations of what appears to be credible news sources like CNN only to find out it is a blog with the CNN Disclaimer The views expressed in this commentary are his own
 Well it could worse. Josh’s screen captures of Twitter nonsense that cant even fit on the screen of this non-secure web page.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19924 on: September 04, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »

The SCOTUS had no role in "ratification" of the Constitution. Perhaps you're looking for another word. You can admit error. We're all friends.
Pick any word you want.
If my post confuses you a question of clarification is appreciated.

Okay.

Why do you seem unable to admit mistakes?
what mistake did I make. ?
The second amendment has rock solid endorsement from SCOTUS.
Are you not paying attention?

1) The issue was not about the 2nd Amendment. It was about the Heller decision which changed to have the focus be on having an individual right disconnected from militias.

But you tried to change what we were talking about to #2.

2) You claimed that the 2nd Amendment was "key" to the ratification of the US Constitution, when it was very demonstrably not.

But you tried to change what we were talking about to #3.

3) You claimed that the Bill of Rights was necessary for the ratification of the US Constitution, when it was very demonstrably not.

You attempted to reiterate that claim multiple times, but had zero evidence to support your position. Then you tried to claim that I had admitted your point, which I had not. You shut up when I repeated what I had said.

4) You typed something just plain dumb: "The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited."

You proceeded to attempt to defend the indefensible. It was laaaaaaaaaaame! There are no SCOTUS cases that challenged the ratification of the Constitution that you have cited and none of the cases you did cite had a thing to do with that.

Not that I expect you to admit you were wrong even now.

Kind of like that nimrod of a president trying to "prove" that the forecast included Alabama with that black marker line which was made during a briefing by his own staff.

But Ward?

You never even admit misspelling words, so it is not exactly a surprise.

Lie, deny, and obfuscate - that's your game.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19925 on: September 04, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »

I always get a kick out of Josh’s citations of what appears to be credible news sources like CNN only to find out it is a blog with the CNN Disclaimer The views expressed in this commentary are his own
 Well it could worse. Josh’s screen captures of Twitter nonsense that cant even fit on the screen of this non-secure web page.
Translation:

Red has backed the wrong side as always and is tired of hearing about how badly the shitheads he favors are fucking up and getting their asses kicked.

Red should really switch to a lubricated catheter.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19926 on: September 04, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »

Yeah, so hard to tell that it says "opinions" right in the URL, Ward.

And terrible that I provide the content instead of just a link with no context, requiring you to GASP scroll to the right to see it all OR shrink the image a smidgen.

So tough. Poor Ward.

Also funny is that Elie Honig, former state and federal prosecutor, provides a defintion - not his, alone - of the process. The FACT of Pence's and Barr's paying Trump is glossed over by the Trump-fawning GOP sycophant Ward. He attacks only that it was an opinion piece, when it was never presented as anything else.

Gee, Ward, never done what you are accusing me of, but having left attribution off altogether?

If you claim that you are just lying again.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:32:38 PM by josh »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19927 on: September 04, 2019, 11:09:12 PM »

But we'd better run this past Ward - he provides us with his special window into what black Americans think.

ROCK HILL, S.C. — A generational divide among black voters is persisting in the Democratic primary — between the two old white men.

Joe Biden has amassed a staggering lead among older African Americans, commanding nearly two-thirds support of black voters 65 and older in the most recent Morning Consult poll. Bernie Sanders is the favorite of black millennials, though his margin with that group is much smaller. Among all black voters, Biden is leading Sanders, 41 percent to 20 percent.

Politico- September 2, 2019

Millennials came of age with Obama and Biden was his wingman. Boomers know Biden for decades and like him in spite of his policy fuck ups because we know his heart is in the right place.

Bernie came along and millennials had a choice between a guy who challenged the status quo or HRC who represented status quo yet HRC whipped his ass in the primary.

So right now Bernie and Biden have the advantage of big time name recognition and familiarity’s. Both are probably gonna lose to Warren whose organization is formidable.

LarryB September 4, 2019
Both Bernie and Warren are left of Blacks. Their policies on immigration and student loan  forgiveness just two examples.

Do tell...
Matt Yglesias of Vox notes:
“In the past five years, white liberals have moved so far to the left on questions of race and racism that they are now, on these issues, to the left of even the typical black voter. This change amounts to a ‘Great Awokening.’”

Remember the black-face photo of the Governor of Virginia? Nearly every white liberal from Nancy Pelosi on down screamed that the the Governor should resign. But the majority of blacks in Virginia wanted him to stay as their Governor.   And so he has.

Because he is a Democrat and they don’t want to give the GOP control of the Commonwealth after they busted their asses to win. They already lost the legislature by literally drawing the wrong number from a fucking hat. The trifecta of triple scandals exploding around the top three leaders of the commonwealth at the same time...? To quote Clay Davis, “Sheeeeeeeittt!”

Black folks know exactly what the GOP is and that’s why Republicans move heaven and earth to keep us out of the ballot booth.

Northam might be an asshole but he’s our asshole, dig? He survived by the grace of the black constituency and he knows where the bread is buttered.

Old fashioned politics.
Old fashioned thinking by you.
The liberal white elites seem to think any youthful discretion is cause for political exile.
Virginia blacks take a more common sense approach to their perception of adult job performance.
Which is why I argue the elites are far more left than the black voters they covet.

Let me rephrase:

So what? Liberal elites are always to the left of a lot of us but so what? They don’t covet us, we know the deal, they covet white people who are what you say except they aren’t the far left liberal elites, they’re the elite centrist moderates... part of the supposed centrist majority of the nation that longs for a return to normalcy and other bullshit. Democrats need to help the folks WHO WANT TO VOTE Democrat get through the GOP barricades.

That’s what you fear. That’s why you and folks like you twist yourselves into moral and ethical pretzels to justify suppressing votes from communities of color because that Obama coalition is still there.

To quote the late, great Cyrus, “Can you dig it?”

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19928 on: September 04, 2019, 11:13:09 PM »

The SCOTUS had no role in "ratification" of the Constitution. Perhaps you're looking for another word. You can admit error. We're all friends.
Pick any word you want.

Okay.

1) The issue was not about the 2nd Amendment. It was about the Heller decision which changed to have the focus be on having an individual right disconnected from militias.
You made it about the Heller decision. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Which, of course, only underscores your ignorance of the 2nd amendment. As a moderator you suck.
2) You claimed that the 2nd Amendment was "key" to the ratification of the US Constitution, when it was very demonstrably not.
The anti -federalists would not accept the Constitution without the Bill of Rights. When you get to high school level courses you will understand

3) You claimed that the Bill of Rights was necessary for the ratification of the US Constitution, when it was very demonstrably not.
See my previous answer and take notes.
4) You typed something just plain dumb: "The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited."
Undeniably true.
You proceeded to attempt to defend the indefensible. It was laaaaaaaaaaame! There are no SCOTUS cases that challenged the ratification of the Constitution that you have cited and none of the cases you did cite had a thing to do with that.
I never claimed SCOTUS ever challenged the ratification.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19929 on: September 04, 2019, 11:22:21 PM »

https://trib.al/GgegqM4?fbclid=IwAR3kMZVV-lQBkVBWUpCLGPaXE-3vagcMJHZ_ICXnxKa12cL7ETIB4IAbkRc

NRA declared a domestic terrorist organization by San Francisco officials.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19930 on: September 04, 2019, 11:26:21 PM »

But we'd better run this past Ward - he provides us with his special window into what black Americans think.

ROCK HILL, S.C. — A generational divide among black voters is persisting in the Democratic primary — between the two old white men.

Joe Biden has amassed a staggering lead among older African Americans, commanding nearly two-thirds support of black voters 65 and older in the most recent Morning Consult poll. Bernie Sanders is the favorite of black millennials, though his margin with that group is much smaller. Among all black voters, Biden is leading Sanders, 41 percent to 20 percent.

Politico- September 2, 2019

Millennials came of age with Obama and Biden was his wingman. Boomers know Biden for decades and like him in spite of his policy fuck ups because we know his heart is in the right place.

Bernie came along and millennials had a choice between a guy who challenged the status quo or HRC who represented status quo yet HRC whipped his ass in the primary.

So right now Bernie and Biden have the advantage of big time name recognition and familiarity’s. Both are probably gonna lose to Warren whose organization is formidable.

LarryB September 4, 2019
Both Bernie and Warren are left of Blacks. Their policies on immigration and student loan  forgiveness just two examples.

Do tell...
Matt Yglesias of Vox notes:
“In the past five years, white liberals have moved so far to the left on questions of race and racism that they are now, on these issues, to the left of even the typical black voter. This change amounts to a ‘Great Awokening.’”

Remember the black-face photo of the Governor of Virginia? Nearly every white liberal from Nancy Pelosi on down screamed that the the Governor should resign. But the majority of blacks in Virginia wanted him to stay as their Governor.   And so he has.

Because he is a Democrat and they don’t want to give the GOP control of the Commonwealth after they busted their asses to win. They already lost the legislature by literally drawing the wrong number from a fucking hat. The trifecta of triple scandals exploding around the top three leaders of the commonwealth at the same time...? To quote Clay Davis, “Sheeeeeeeittt!”

Black folks know exactly what the GOP is and that’s why Republicans move heaven and earth to keep us out of the ballot booth.

Northam might be an asshole but he’s our asshole, dig? He survived by the grace of the black constituency and he knows where the bread is buttered.

Old fashioned politics.
Old fashioned thinking by you.
The liberal white elites seem to think any youthful discretion is cause for political exile.
Virginia blacks take a more common sense approach to their perception of adult job performance.
Which is why I argue the elites are far more left than the black voters they covet.

Let me rephrase:

So what? Liberal elites are always to the left of a lot of us but so what? They don’t covet us, we know the deal, they covet white people who are what you say except they aren’t the far left liberal elites, they’re the elite centrist moderates... part of the supposed centrist majority of the nation that longs for a return to normalcy and other bullshit. Democrats need to help the folks WHO WANT TO VOTE Democrat get through the GOP barricades.

That’s what you fear. That’s why you and folks like you twist yourselves into moral and ethical pretzels to justify suppressing votes from communities of color because that Obama coalition is still there.
say what? Suppressing whose votes? Over what? Obama coalition?
Are you some BOT programmed to talking points.?
The original question asked was which democrat is the best choice as the party nominee.
I said Biden is leading and gave examples of his lead among blacks, especially older ones, who are not in line with the new breed of white liberal elites.
Are you suggesting that democrats are suppressing primary votes? 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: September 04, 2019, 11:31:52 PM »

Pick any word you want.

Okay.

You made it about the Heller decision. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Which, of course, only underscores your ignorance of the 2nd amendment. As a moderator you suck.
The anti -federalists would not accept the Constitution without the Bill of Rights. When you get to high school level courses you will understand

See my previous answer and take notes.
Undeniably true.

Blah, blah, blah.

It's all there, Ward.

I stated that the so-called individual right was "guaranteed" by "one of the lamest decisions in recent years."

You then proceeded to change the topic.

"The anti-federalists" lost, Ward. They lost in Massachusetts. The Constitution was ratified before VA and NY even finished their voting.

But as already pointed out, they wanted a Bill of Rights considered It was not required that one be passed. So, NY and VA voted to ratify, too.

A Bill of Rights was NOT REQUIRED for the ratification of the Constitution.

This is another of those places in which you make the sweeping claim about history textbooks, but provide none.

You're wrong. Again.

Ward wrote:
"The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited."

You said it, not me. You did not mean to say it, I am sure, but you kept defending it. Now you simply claim not to have said it.

You, Ward, are the Poster Child for the river in Egypt.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19932 on: September 04, 2019, 11:34:47 PM »

Now you repeating your prior lame comments?

Bizarre!

My response, repeated, as well.

But Ward? Consider sleeping. You seem sleep depped.

And terrible that I provide the content instead of just a link with no context, requiring you to GASP scroll to the right to see it all OR shrink the image a smidgen.

So tough. Poor Ward.

Also funny is that Elie Honig, former state and federal prosecutor, provides a defintion - not his, alone - of the process. The FACT of Pence's and Barr's paying Trump is glossed over by the Trump-fawning GOP sycophant Ward. He attacks only that it was an opinion piece, when it was never presented as anything else.

Gee, Ward, never done what you are accusing me of, but having left attribution off altogether?

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19933 on: September 04, 2019, 11:40:36 PM »

Now you repeating your prior lame comments?

Bizarre!

My response, repeated, as well.

But Ward? Consider sleeping. You seem sleep depped.

So tough. Poor Ward.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
A response with no substance.
Only snark.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19934 on: September 04, 2019, 11:49:04 PM »

You don’t need a weatherman

To know which way the winds blows....

Dylan might want to reconsider to account for the idiot Sharpie-yielding pathological liar President who thinks Dorian was Bama bound
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 4288