Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1845781 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1995 on: September 06, 2018, 04:47:22 AM »

Question for Kavanaugh tomorrow;

If a sitting president orders the immediate assassination of a head of state, what legal consequences should follow according to our constitution?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 06, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »

Since we started with Stone, Manafort, and Ailes, it was inevitable that we would get back around to Woodward. There just happen to be more Deep Throats this time than are found in the largest of gospel choirs.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 06, 2018, 05:49:04 AM »

Back on the hope for humanity and what we get if we win side of things,

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/9/5/17816808/sustainability-26-trillion

Richard P. Feynman

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 06, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »

The person who wrote the op-ed in the NYT is a moral coward.
Oh, I don’t know……perhaps they knew what the reaction was going to be to their ‘piece’ and they figured that they might just as well skip all that. It really wouldn’t change much for them to be identified…..some people would love them and some people would hate them and a huge number would just keep drifting along in same old fog they’ve been in ever since the Orange Ogre was elected. Would being identified make anything they said be more true….or less?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 06, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »

Regarding the West Wing patriot game and the inside handling of POTUS, and it's to be believed that it's actually happening, does that mean we are getting Trump Lite?

What does Original Trump look like? Duarte?

And when do we get Trump Zero?

Lodestar Search has begun.

Was it Pence? Pompeo? Or?

Perhaps, the letter is a ruse to distract the public from the KKKavanaugh hearings.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 06, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »

Question for Kavanaugh tomorrow;

If a sitting president orders the illegal assassination of a head of state, what legal consequences should follow according to our constitution?

I think it has to be asked without the word "illegal" in it to have a ghost of a chance of being answered.

Lets cut out the middleman, the question that piques my curiosity, and one that Trump seems to believe, really should be asked to Kav.

Can President Trump stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and suffer no immediate repercussion?

barton

Re: It's Pence!
« Reply #2001 on: September 06, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/9/5/1793569/-HAHAHAHAHAHA-it-s-pence-edition

Silly.   Using a Pence archaism would be a pretty obvious attempt at misdirection.   

barton

« Reply #2002 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:15 AM »

Not celebrating anything

Just saying we get our 4 years

Elections have consequences. Dont get mad - get better

Rude condescension noted.   Getting four years is not a right,  it's a privilege earned by doing your job and upholding the Constitution and rule of law.   That's why the Constitution was installed with a couple of eject buttons for cases where the potus neglects those duties. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:34 AM »

I think it's Don McGahn.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 06, 2018, 09:56:58 AM »

Not celebrating anything

Just saying we get our 4 years

Elections have consequences. Dont get mad - get better

Rude condescension noted.   Getting four years is not a right,  it's a privilege earned by doing your job and upholding the Constitution and rule of law.   That's why the Constitution was installed with a couple of eject buttons for cases where the potus neglects those duties.
While I think there's an argument to be made (hell it's a truism)  that the Democrats need to do a far better job come election time, justifying all sorts of actions by mere reference to election results is exactly what I laugh at when I use "SCOREBOARD!!!!". 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 06, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »

The big picture: He should be paranoid. In the hours after the New York Times published the anonymous Op-Ed from "a senior official in the Trump administration" trashing the president ("I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"), two senior administration officials reached out to Axios to say the author stole the words right out of their mouths.

"I find the reaction to the NYT op-ed fascinating — that people seem so shocked that there is a resistance from the inside," one senior official said. "A lot of us [were] wishing we’d been the writer, I suspect ... I hope he [Trump] knows — maybe he does? — that there are dozens and dozens of us."
Why it matters: Several senior White House officials have described their roles to us as saving America and the world from this president.

A good number of current White House officials have privately admitted to us they consider Trump unstable, and at times dangerously slow.
But the really deep concern and contempt, from our experience, has been at the agencies — and particularly in the foreign policy arena.

https://www.axios.com/trump-administration-white-house-leaks-a5a82efa-d6c8-4209-b616-80f1422eb36c.html

Have to wonder why it is that all these brave heroes working against the "President" on the inside are showing so little concern about Trump learning directly from them about their conspiracy...

This is becoming obvious, if it wasn't already...the op-ed (and now subsequently, more anonymous sources coming forward to say "there are dozens of us") is pre-ship jump preparations by the Rats.  They can't just leave the administration when things go south, because of this administration's unprecedented corruption and amorality.  They need a story they can tell that protects the GOP establishment, and assures they get jobs post collapse.  "We knew, like you, that the President was unqualified, stupid, and amoral, but we stayed to limit the damage.  You should thank us!"

Notably absent from this accounting; the "President's" white nationalism, illegal detention of immigrant children, or his attacks on the Justice Department.  These people aren't heroes. They are co-conspirators.  And if there is any justice, they will go down when Trump does.  That includes you, McConnell.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 06, 2018, 10:21:21 AM »

As a White House lawyer in the Bush administration, Judge Brett Kavanaugh challenged the accuracy of deeming the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision to be “settled law of the land,” according to a secret email obtained by The New York Times.

The email, written in March 2003, is one of thousands of documents that a lawyer for President George W. Bush turned over to the Senate Judiciary Committee about the Supreme Court nominee but deemed “committee confidential,” meaning it could not be made public or discussed by Democrats in questioning him in hearings this week. It was among several an unknown person provided to The New York Times late Wednesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/06/us/politics/kavanaugh-leaked-documents.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

More than a revelation about Kavanaugh's opinion on Roe V. Wade and his apparent willingness to overturn it (not surprising) the above highlights the fact that Republicans are hiding key documentation of Kavanaugh's career that should be considered when reviewing his qualifications, all for purely partisan reasons. 

This is absolutely abuse of power, and reason enough to reject his nomination.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 06, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »

I think it's Don McGahn.

Last night on CNN/MSNBC there was speculation that it was McGahn or Pompeo, Coats.

As best as I could tell, Fox skipped the subject and focused on the descent of Dems and how mean they are questioning Koach Kav.

I'm sort of pulling for Ivanka, that would add a Shakespearian tragic spin to this 3-act shit-show that begs for a closing curtain.

I think the real issue is how the Repubs catch the Krazy Kat out of the bag 25th amendment as President Crazytown gets crazier.

Probably nothing and hope the House losses are not massive and that they hold the Senate.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 06, 2018, 10:33:05 AM »

I'm sort of pulling for Ivanka, that would add a Shakespearian tragic spin to this 3-act shit-show that begs for a closing curtain.

Heh.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 06, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »

Re:  "all these brave heroes"

One guy or gal.

Lets see em all get in line before feeling anything is different than the norm.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 4288