Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610725 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21525 on: October 10, 2019, 08:17:30 PM »

Better to destroy the personal economy of Bambu. Too late. He did that himself.

Best policy is to dump trump in the Potomac. Is he in fact a witch? If so, he should float.

His evil spell is undeniable,

http://www.salon.com/2019/10/10/thanks-to-trump-std-rates-hit-a-record-high/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #21526 on: October 10, 2019, 09:09:37 PM »

Kurds  need a land of their own, in which to be concupiscent.
Let be be the finale of seem.

There is no whimsy in the whims of Trump,
the emperor of cheeseburger
His uncalloused feet protrude
From the edge of a golf cart,
his dumb face moos as it raises from the trough.

Stupidity is power.
Lying is performative.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #21527 on: October 10, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »

Better to destroy the personal economy of Bambu. Too late. He did that himself.

Best policy is to dump trump in the Potomac. Is he in fact a witch? If so, he should float.

His evil spell is undeniable,

http://www.salon.com/2019/10/10/thanks-to-trump-std-rates-hit-a-record-high/

I did the best I could with what I had.
I was never going to be rich, 'Bitcoin'-ilk are recent arrivals....anyway, I come from the days of 'never take any risks, banks are the only safe places for savings'.
I didn't 'win it all', but didn't lose it all either.
My personal economy is just fine, just...and I'll just make it thru life in reasonable 'luxury'.
Destroying my personal economy won't help the Kurds one iota.

Before withdrawing US troops etc the ISIS prisoners should've been relocated to Gitmo, Sitmo, Bitmo, Litmo etc in Iraq and other countries around the world...and the Kurds all relocated to Iraq/Iran. Turkish forces then slaughtered if they invaded Iraq/Iran.

The Kurds are the fourth largest ethnic group in West Asia after the Arabs, Persians, and Turks. The total number of Kurds in 1991 was placed at 22.5 million, with 48% of this number living in Turkey, 18% in Iraq, 24% in Iran, and 4% in Syria.

Kurds are an Iranian ethnic group native to Western Asia. Geographically, this mostly mountainous area, known as Kurdistan, includes south-eastern Turkey, north-western Iran, northern Iraq, and northern Syria. There are also exclaves of Kurds in central Anatolia and Khorasan.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:22:55 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21528 on: October 10, 2019, 10:46:19 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/business/coal-power-trump/index.html

Coal demand is dropping to a 42 year low.

So much for Trump's promises here, too.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21529 on: October 10, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »

Achtung, y’all!

One thing I learned back in my college days* was if your enemy is walking into an L shaped ambush let them walk all the way into the kill zone before firing. They have two choices, run and die or stand and die.

This Administration is running headlong into an L shaped ambush formed by the Democratic led House of Representatives and public opinion and it is done.

Trump can stonewall, whine, accuse, demand, plead and threaten... and what? Only his truly hardcore cult members refuse to see this guy isn’t fit for the office. He could light himself afire before he is impeached and those would cheer him for owning the libs.

The MAGA folks love it when he does some nasty shit that owns the libs but when they see him sell out our Kurdish ‘allies’ to our Turkish allies those folks are gonna have to wonder in which of his allied camps do they stand. If they have half a brain they’ll finally realize they ain’t in the Right camp because they ain’t J.P. Gotrocks and they’re right there with the rest of the people Trump considers to be losers. Unfortunately most of his non-wealthy supporters aren’t that smart.

It was inevitable America would end up in this situation because white America selected a stupid and venal asshole (whose only accomplishment in life was being born rich) to replace Barack Obama who is the very embodiment of the American Dream... except he is black.

Trump is the poor man’s idea of what wealth looks like and the loser’s view of winning and he isn’t black.

He’s bullied, bought and bankrupted his way through life and for the first time ever his modus operandi isn’t gonna work and he is panicked.

You know the shit is deep by the excruciatingly stupid excuses being made out loud by the few remaining GOP sycophants unashamed to lie in public.

In a September 23, 2016 article for The Atlantic Salena Zito wrote:
“It’s a familiar split. When he makes claims like this, the press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally.”

Peter Thiel, tech billionaire and Trump supporter said in October 2016,
“I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously, but it always takes him literally. ... I think a lot of voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally...their question is not, ‘Are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China?’ ...What they hear is we’re going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy.”

Last week Jim Jordan said Trump was joking when he asked China to investigate the Biden boys. “You really thank he was serious?” During the 2016 campaign we were told to take Trump seriously but not literally. Now we’re being told not too take him seriously... he’s a bad joke... got it?

Stick a fork in this bastard, he’s done. This ‘strategy’ of putting his fingers in his ears and yelling incoherent bullshit while his sycophants stonewall with stupid process arguments in court is coming to a close. One charge in one jurisdiction or another is going to crack the dam and the flood of provable crimes will wash away America’s Trump Error.

The GOP donor class has used him and the complicit Republican Party to squeeze the last petro buck out of the earth and in the process destroyed traditional alliances and caused worldwide chaos. He didn’t quite get them everything they wanted (world wide authoritarian plutocracy) but he got them enough (massive redistribution of wealth upward and a stacked federal judiciary) for now.

The GOP and Trump have hit the point of diminishing returns and so they are no longer viable.This is going to be Watergate, ABSCAM and Iran-Contra all rolled into one and the GOP as a party should not survive.

What’s next will be a test of the American people across all demographics for do we continue on the path the Founders set us upon to create a more perfect union, or will we take the road towards Steve Bannon’s vision of a Fourth Reich?

I’m betting on the USA .

*BTW I never served, was never an official member of ROTC but I am a proud member of the National Honorary Society of Pershing Rifles. Don’t ask me how that happened but one of my fraternity brothers is Gen. Colin Powell.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: October 11, 2019, 04:16:38 AM »

Slow down you crazy child. You’re so ambitious for juvenile...

Do you think Rudy will get the cell next to Michael Cohen? If so, do the put a chintz gilded TRUMP on the bars at the cell block entrance? Is the procedure detailed in Article II?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: October 11, 2019, 08:32:01 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21534 on: October 11, 2019, 08:49:36 AM »

Yovanovitch, the recalled Ukraine ambassador, is scheduled to testify before House investigators -- Will the State Department and the White House let her? That's the key question heading into Friday. Her prominence in the indictment against Giuliani's Ukraine middlemen makes her possible testimony that much more interesting

She's still on the schedule, but here's what Trump said Thursday: "I just don't think, you're running a country, I just don't think that you can have all of these people testifying about every conversation you've had."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics/impeachment-watch-october-10/index.html

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #21536 on: October 11, 2019, 09:21:20 AM »

It's NOT about the guns

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/uk/manchester-incident-intl-gbr/index.html

5 injured.  No one died.  Compare/contrast scenario where he had an AR-15.   

Your link seems to make the point gun control advocates keep making.  Thanks.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21538 on: October 11, 2019, 09:36:22 AM »

Hilary to the rescue?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/trump_vs_clinton_is_still_neck_and_neck

Just 18% think she should run.  36% think she would win the nomination.  45-45 dead heat vs Trump in hypothetical vote
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:39:37 AM by kiidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21539 on: October 11, 2019, 09:53:49 AM »

Yovanovitch, the recalled Ukraine ambassador, is scheduled to testify before House investigators -- Will the State Department and the White House let her? That's the key question heading into Friday. Her prominence in the indictment against Giuliani's Ukraine middlemen makes her possible testimony that much more interesting

She's still on the schedule, but here's what Trump said Thursday: "I just don't think, you're running a country, I just don't think that you can have all of these people testifying about every conversation you've had."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics/impeachment-watch-october-10/index.html

You're quoting the man who explained that it was okay to betray the Kurds because they didn't help us in WWII and who claimed you cannot impeach a president who is doing a great job.

You're quoting a man who claimed that the inquiries are illegal, so he won't cooperate.

As it turns out, they don't want every conversation he has ever had, though, Kid. They want the ones that have been reported as problematic and which he has hidden the contents of in violation of the law.

The law. Remember that, Kid? You used to pretend to care what the Constitution said, until it stopped being convenient.
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 4288