Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2021 2022 [2023] 2024 2025 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603065 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30330 on: March 30, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »

Achtung, bitches!

White folks losing their minds nds all around the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/03/30/death-of-democracy-hungary-approves-orbans-controversial-emergency-powers/

I've had some concerns that USA is not immune to Orbanization.   Democracy can be a fragile illusion.   We all have to use some force of imagination and heart to keep it going.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30331 on: March 30, 2020, 09:06:10 PM »

Predictable assholes

"Trump just called the 'My Pillow' guy up to the podium in the Rose Garden. You cannot make this stuff up," MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi reacted.

"The 'My Pillow Guy' was at the Corona Virus briefing today? Boy oh boy, do we need SNL this Saturday. If this had been a SNL skit we would have thought it was fake, right? You can't make this s--- up. Who is going to play the 'my pillow guy'?" Miami Herold reporter Julie K. Brown asked.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mainstream-media-mocks-wh-appearance-of-my-pillow-guy-mike-lindell-despite-contribution-to-virus-fight

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30332 on: March 30, 2020, 09:14:37 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-lower-death-rate/index.html

Study of Chinese cases thinks the mortality rate is 0.66% (but more than ten times that for elders).

I hope they are right. They are certainly better trained in this than I am. It doesn't align with the numbers I am seeing, so I look forward to being proven very wrong.

At 0.66%, to get to the 100,000 dead, we'd need 1,515,152 cases. 3,030,303 cases for 200,000 dead (in the US).

If we can keep the cases from getting that high or we can find an effective treatment for the seriously ill before the numbers get that high, we will be okay. But... currently the number of serious cases is increasing faster than anything else.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30333 on: March 30, 2020, 09:16:33 PM »

Credit this president for continuing to call on Ms Alcindor and Mr Acosta at these briefings.

Today wasn't pretty - and you can argue whether or not it was necessary - they got slapped pretty good.   We can only hope the questions improve.

This ain’t North Korea, you fucking idiot!

Trump to Alcindor

"You started at the New York Times.  Now you're at MSNBC.  Says a lot"

And you like that kind of pettiness in your president?

The kind that punishes GM because they closed a plant that he didn't want them to?

Or mocks reporters or the handicapped?

You like that?!

"LEADER?!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30334 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:17 PM »

New Orleans mayor LaToya Cantrell thinks Trump could have stopped Mardis Gras

Hopefully Ms Cantrell will show some leadership skill and be in the news soon in better light.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30335 on: March 30, 2020, 09:22:23 PM »

No.

But it comes with the package.

I am sure you didn't approve always of Obama's extreme arrogance.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30336 on: March 30, 2020, 09:23:11 PM »

New Orleans mayor LaToya Cantrell thinks Trump could have stopped Mardis Gras

Hopefully Ms Cantrell will show some leadership skill and be in the news soon in better light.

I think he could have, too.

But I think Ms. Cantrell, Mr. Bel Edwards, and the other ostensible leaders in NOLA have more to answer for in that regard than President Trump does.

And you know what I think of the President's performance and lack of acting responsibly.

Louisiana screwed up big time. NOLA screwed up bigger.

Still not as bad as Florida and Spring Break.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30337 on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:26 PM »

No.

faints

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30338 on: March 30, 2020, 09:40:50 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/politics/texas-2020-census-reapportionment-house/index.html

Texas may be about to be the most politically important state, suggests this article.

I expected it to be for the 2024 election and that may still be the ultimate timeline. But its growth is going to upend the Electoral College.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30339 on: March 30, 2020, 09:46:28 PM »

No.

Holy shut you’re a goddamn useless tool.

Unforgivable Blackness. Bottom line.

Like Reggie Hammond said, “I’m you’re worst nightmare. I’m a nigger with a badge.”

Obama wasn’t arrogant. He was President of the United State and he WAS the smartest guy in the room and that scared the shit out of stupid white people who can’t admit the guy they elected to take their country back and make America great again is a sociopathic boob who will never get 5he approval he sought from his Nazi father,

You dumb fuck thought Obama was arrogant?  You have no idea how much he held inside and people like you didn’t deserve the governance he brought your stupid ass.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30340 on: March 30, 2020, 10:09:21 PM »

My biggest problem with President Obama was his excessive restraint.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30341 on: March 30, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »

Predictable assholes

"Trump just called the 'My Pillow' guy up to the podium in the Rose Garden. You cannot make this stuff up," MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi reacted.

"The 'My Pillow Guy' was at the Corona Virus briefing today? Boy oh boy, do we need SNL this Saturday. If this had been a SNL skit we would have thought it was fake, right? You can't make this s--- up. Who is going to play the 'my pillow guy'?" Miami Herold reporter Julie K. Brown asked.

It would be nice to know how much the “If you can’t drown it in a bathtub, smother it with a pillow like it says in this bible” guy has recently donated to the trump slush fund and fascism 2020 account. There’s nothing in trump world that’s not for sale including precious podium time. If a cheap hood can’t profit off a serious emergency, what’s the point?

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30342 on: March 30, 2020, 10:28:09 PM »

My guess is this young man's family would have loved to have him dosed with Hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2020/03/even-the-invincible-arent-invincible-hs-baseball-coach-30-dies-of-coronavirus.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30343 on: March 30, 2020, 11:10:49 PM »

Kid shares traits with his leader. Those traits have been diagnosed expertly here

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/03/30/theres-a-mad-man-in-the-white-house-and-hes-getting-worse/

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30344 on: March 30, 2020, 11:46:27 PM »

No.

Holy shut you’re a goddamn useless tool.

Unforgivable Blackness. Bottom line.

Like Reggie Hammond said, “I’m you’re worst nightmare. I’m a nigger with a badge.”

Obama wasn’t arrogant. He was President of the United State and he WAS the smartest guy in the room and that scared the shit out of stupid white people who can’t admit the guy they elected to take their country back and make America great again is a sociopathic boob who will never get 5he approval he sought from his Nazi father,

You dumb fuck thought Obama was arrogant?  You have no idea how much he held inside and people like you didn’t deserve the governance he brought your stupid ass.
The word he was looking for was "uppity".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 2021 2022 [2023] 2024 2025 ... 4288