Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2555 2556 [2557] 2558 2559 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1868523 times)

Echo4

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38343 on: June 15, 2020, 07:07:22 AM »

You'd hope that Black people are not being hanged in some misguided 'retaliation' for the rioting.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38344 on: June 15, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »

And, honestly, they didn't even need to have given him the field sobriety test - they could have sent him home or driven him home then. They chose not to.

As a favor?  Is this suggested by police training in most locales?

Especially in times of heightened tension and trouble. Save the jail space.

I got pulled over for failure to stop for a ped in a crosswalk. (Turned out the ped wasn't trying to cross, but so what, right?)

My registration was expired.

Instead of taking me and my car away, the police let me move my car off street to leave it there and to have a friend come give me a ride.

Nor is my story unique. This is how police do things in many places.

I got caught at a check point in the middle of the afternoon in my neighborhood of Columbia Heights when they were stopping cars looking for a specific guy.
I had just retrieved my Honda from my dads in New York and hadn’t registered it in DC and the NY registration was expired.

I got arrested. Went to the third district got processed paid a $25.00 fine and left. Plus the ticket.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38345 on: June 15, 2020, 08:08:15 AM »

While people lament the property damaged during the uprising the real looting is happening at the top of the Administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/11/trump-administration-wont-say-who-got-511-billion-taxpayer-backed-coronavirus-loans/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38346 on: June 15, 2020, 08:51:03 AM »

http://www.theweek.com/speedreads/919996/families-black-men-found-hanging-from-trees-california-ask-deeper-investigations-into-deaths

The quick conclusion that it was a suicide bothered me.

I'm not surprised at the request for a deeper investigation or, unfortunately, at the need to make the request to have a chance of getting one.

Nothing has been "concluded" by authorities.  Homicide detectives were on the scene immediately and are investigating

The people, on the other hand...

“We demand a thorough and transparent investigation by Palmdale PD, providing ALL video surveillance from city hall & the surrounding buildings/area, the night Robert Fuller was lynched,” the petition continued. “This was not a case of suicide but murder; to find the persons responsible for his lynching and justice for Robert Fuller and his family.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-robert-fuller-hanging-lynching-suicide-investigation

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38348 on: June 15, 2020, 08:56:06 AM »

Sad -

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-state-woman-george-floyd-arson

Wow.

I look forward to our learning more about her.

The only one with her name on FB is somebody I am 3 degrees of separation from by multiple pathways.

No idea if it is the same one, as that one is not from Washington or the west coast.

Please - let us know what you find out.

Could be the basis of a new Netflix series (isnt everything?)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38349 on: June 15, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »

When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38351 on: June 15, 2020, 09:16:35 AM »

News of more black men dead under questionable and/or suspicious circumstances and no need to guess which poster here is arguing that it was the fault of the black man in both instances, as he always has.

Has nothing to do with race, of course.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38352 on: June 15, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »

"Could have avoided"  is not equal to  "it was your fault"

oilcan

« Reply #38353 on: June 15, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »

"if only they had been compliant" is blaming the murder victim.   People are rightly scared of cops,  and it's to be expected they will not always act rationally.   If police aren't trained to deal with that,  and to defuse fear,  then they need to be replaced with those who are.   

When a woman is murdered by her husband, we don't sit around talking about "gosh,  she could really have handled that marital argument differently... " 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38354 on: June 15, 2020, 10:04:34 AM »

Well...

Larry's "let him sleep it off" to me doesn't fly.

So what you have left is for the officers to have just let Brooks run away with the taser.

What would have happened then is an unknown.

Enjoy the day.
Pages: 1 ... 2555 2556 [2557] 2558 2559 ... 4288