Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2773 2774 [2775] 2776 2777 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1597146 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41610 on: July 06, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »

Quick question - is there evidence that BLM was in any way connected to the girl shooting?   Or was this just part of the lamentable high levels of interpersonal gun violence that are chronic in US cities,  which soar in hot weather? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41611 on: July 06, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »

Quick question - is there evidence that BLM was in any way connected to the girl shooting?   Or was this just part of the lamentable high levels of interpersonal gun violence that are chronic in US cities,  which soar in hot weather?
Did you miss the Mayor’s reaction? Or the Governor’s ?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41612 on: July 06, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »

Barton.or were you totally insensitive to the father’s sorrowful plea?

barton

« Reply #41613 on: July 06, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »

So,  not answering the question I asked.   I will repost:

Is there evidence that BLM was in any way connected to the girl shooting?   Or was this just part of the lamentable high levels of interpersonal gun violence that are chronic in US cities,  which soar in hot weather?

Sorry,  I don't respond to appeals to emotionalism.   I'm fact oriented.   

barton

« Reply #41614 on: July 06, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »

The Atlanta Mayor is a democrat. What’s your point other than you missed her message.

Try reading the posts you respond to:

The difference between her and yourself REDSTATEWARD is that she sees the shootings as a terrible distraction from the movement, you think they define the movement.
You have both totally disrespected the mayor and misrepresented me.

Needs has met the mayor of Atlanta?   Wow.  I'm impressed.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41615 on: July 06, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »

Cuomo for pandemic czar?

NY Gov. Cuomo says President Donald Trump is 'enabling' the coronavirus pandemic

Cuomo pointed to his own work in New York as an example for other states to contain the virus. There were 817 people hospitalized with the coronavirus in New York, he said, which was the lowest level of Covid-19 hospitalizations since early in the outbreak.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/ny-gov-cuomo-says-president-donald-trump-is-enabling-the-coronavirus-pandemic.html
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41616 on: July 06, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »

Prayers to Keisha and her family as she battles m-COVID.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #41617 on: July 06, 2020, 07:38:53 PM »

The Atlanta Mayor is a democrat. What’s your point other than you missed her message.

The difference between her and yourself REDSTATEWARD is that she sees the shootings as a terrible distraction from the movement, you think they define the movement.

My point was crystal clear while you are still lost.  There is a big difference between saying black on black violence is a terrible distraction from the Black Lives Matter protests and saying these Black Lives Matter protests need to stop because of all the violence and Anarchy(!)

One is a call to focus on the movement, the other tries to directly link the shooting to the movement to discredit it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41618 on: July 06, 2020, 07:47:03 PM »

Is there evidence that BLM was in any way connected to the girl shooting?   Or was this just part of the lamentable high levels of interpersonal gun violence that are chronic in US cities,  which soar in hot weather?

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41619 on: July 06, 2020, 07:52:22 PM »

Fucking MAGGOTS is what they are

And they are being enabled.

The opinion of a maggot eater with a very wet nose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41620 on: July 06, 2020, 07:53:08 PM »

If you understood respect, you wouldn’t be you.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41621 on: July 06, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »

The persistent malformation of the Second Amendment put guns in the shooters’ hands.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41622 on: July 06, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »

LOL!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41623 on: July 06, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »

My point was crystal clear while you are still lost.  There is a big difference between saying black on black violence is a terrible distraction from the Black Lives Matter protests and saying these Black Lives Matter protests need to stop because of all the violence and Anarchy(!)
Who called for an end to BLM “ peaceful protests”?
One is a call to focus on the movement, the other tries to directly link the shooting to the movement to discredit it.
The Mayor of Atlanta answered that.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41624 on: July 06, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »

On the issue of walls...

In the old days we would put all of the immigrants to work, we would put them to work planting oranges, and strawberries, and avocados, and other stuff, and guys like Henry Ford would put the immigrants to work in his factories. In the USA we used to create jobs for people, and as soon as the immigrants got here there was a job waiting for them.

And the same with our college students, our companies used to hire the students before they even graduated, they would come out of school and they would go right to work here in the USA. I attended the AADA and the actors and actresses who attended the AADA used to get hired before they even made headshots and resumes. And people who attended USC film school used to go right to work as an assistant for a professional filmmaker as soon as they finished film school. Hollywood used to be the best place to be if you wanted to make movies. The USA needs to wake up, and we need to start creating jobs again.

And we need for our Statue of Liberty to represent what we are all about, not a wall.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 2773 2774 [2775] 2776 2777 ... 4288