Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604569 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42690 on: July 14, 2020, 09:43:04 AM »

Stupid CNN headline #43

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/can-trump-fire-fauci/index.html

Oh, what makes that one stupid?

Trump v Fauci is misreported and overblown

Trump trying to undermine America's most-trusted doctor since Marcus Welby, M.D, may not be a great political move.

Plus Fauci's got the real score of Donnie's cognitive exam.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #42691 on: July 14, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »

And I'm here for the coffee and donuts Liq puts out in the conference room.

And a few laughs and a few bursts of outrage.

Thing is sometimes they're interchangeable.

be well Bart.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:47:39 AM by bankshot1 »

barton

« Reply #42692 on: July 14, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »

Tanks,  Banks.   Still here,  just doing the brevity thing.   Odds seem low that House will get documents,  or be able to air any dramatic financial shenanigans, before 2021. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42693 on: July 14, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »

This whole debate should be run through our forums Constitutional scholar who will hopefully discuss in detail the Government Speech Doctrine.

I hope this isn't embarrassing,  but I'm a bit in awe of how you will counter a string of long-winded posts with one sentence that goes right to the heart of the matter while neatly puncturing a giant balloon of verbiage.   

I looked up the GSD.  Thanks,  very illuminating.  Uno has his answer,  if he cares to look it up.   And,  as Bo pointed out,  if the government speech isn't suggesting something illegal, or violating the establishment clause,  then what is not expressly forbidden is allowed.

FINALLY!!!AN answer. And one without snark attached.

Thank you.

Can't wait to see which state creates the first BLM license plate.

And there it is.
There what is?

Same Utley different name.

So...no answer.

Again.

Gee, Larry, at least have the stones to answer a question, once in a while.

Didn't think you were like Redstateward, but guess I was wrong.

Asked and answered yesterday

This isn’t an arena. Get your life priorities straight.

Same asshole, different name.

To quote you. ""Bitch, please ".

You are truly confused.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #42694 on: July 14, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »

The Black Lives Matter mural on 5th Ave is a big FUCK YOU! to Donald Yrump and it is well deserved.

https://www.revolt.tv/2020/7/10/21319889/exonerated-central-park-five-trump-tower-mural

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

You don't know how to persuade.

You only know how to complain.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42696 on: July 14, 2020, 10:34:26 AM »

The Black Lives Matter mural on 5th Ave is a big FUCK YOU! to Donald Yrump and it is well deserved.

https://www.revolt.tv/2020/7/10/21319889/exonerated-central-park-five-trump-tower-mural

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

Persuade?

Who?

...and the horse you rode in on.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:41:28 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42697 on: July 14, 2020, 10:41:29 AM »

Tanks,  Banks.   Still here,  just doing the brevity thing.   Odds seem low that House will get documents,  or be able to air any dramatic financial shenanigans, before 2021.
TBL references always appreciated. I am obliquely reminded of an early Simpsons reference where Lisa is attending an essay contest in DC sponsored by a Readers Digstish magazine whose slogan is "Brevity is wit".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #42698 on: July 14, 2020, 10:50:00 AM »

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

Any effort required to persuade someone who does not understand that Black Lives Matter would be self-evidently wasted.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42699 on: July 14, 2020, 10:57:59 AM »

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

Any effort required to persuade someone who does not understand that Black Lives Matter would be self-evidently wasted.

What’s with this guy?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #42700 on: July 14, 2020, 11:03:14 AM »

at this point I'm not sure it matters. Trump and his thugs will hide and cover-up as long as possible.

Does someone who believes Trump is not a lying amoral cheating sack of shit in all regards, from golfing to governing, suddenly have an epiphany that he's been a Russian stooge all along because the Dems rip apart and air his tax returns? Nope. Deplorables are deplorable for a reason. Cheating and lying is ok as long as the cause is righteous, like stealing tax dollars and SC seats. Fucking deplorables!

Maybe if things break our way 11/20, a Dem House/Senate can call Trump/Barr and stooges to testify and lie under oath in 2021. 

Hopefully this thing gets fuly investigated by the Mahhattan DA and the Trump and his crime syndicate will be found guilty of tax evasion, money laundering. fraud, extortion, obstruction of justice, treason and being a parking ticket scoflaw. 

And there are a few jelly-filled and glazed sinkers left, better hurry tho, I saw kid lurking around the table. and the fucker wasn't wearing his mask.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42701 on: July 14, 2020, 12:51:08 PM »

The virus doesn't actually recognize borders (or stop travelling in the air after 6 feet).  So having one state with one set of rules and the next state operating differently is self-defeating.  Same with county lines obviously.

If the US had done a national lockdown* starting preferably March 1 but even March 15, it would have needed to last 8 - 12 weeks.  Basically by May 17 (or June 1 at the latest) transmissions would have been essentially stopped, and gradual reopenings could have occurred throughout the end of May and in June.  By July 1 or July 15 at the latest, things would have been mostly back to normal.

That's the time frame I've lived through (just backshifted 5 weeks).  Chinese lockdown started Jan 21.  April and May saw gradual careful reopening.  Things have been pretty normal here since June 1.  With basically no virus, except scattered cases via the airport.  Mask usage is still pretty common (I'd estimate 50%) these days, but it's not necessary. 

My local gym reopened way back on March 21. Schools have been reopened.  Bars have been open for a couple months. Today was the first time I saw street food again.  Someone with a cart who cooks food and sets up tables and stools on a street corner.  Usually very popular and crowded at night (though not terribly sanitary to me) in SH during warmer weather, but really all year long.

* lockdown severity can vary according to risk, as long as there are minimum standards that have to be met, with enough available testing, and outbreaks triggering stronger measures.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:04:40 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #42702 on: July 14, 2020, 12:52:06 PM »

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

What’s with this guy?

You can't be too stupid to know when you're getting good advice.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42703 on: July 14, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »

The US has been an unmitigated disaster.  Florida will soon have more cases than Spain and the UK, already has more than Italy.  (For comparison, Florida's 21.5M population is 1/3 of the UK and Italy, and 1/2 of Spain).

Florida, which the Right praised not too long ago for its corona virus response, where the governor has basically been a mini-Trump doing everything according to Trump and on Trump's timeline. 

That's what happens when you follow the Trump game plan on CV-19.  You become 2x or 3x worse than the hardest hit Euro-countries, with no end in sightYou can make the case that Donald Trump is the greatest mass murderer in US history.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:05:30 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 4288