Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 [2993] 2994 2995 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008501 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44880 on: July 27, 2020, 01:43:41 PM »

Biden really just needs to take Florida and PA to become the next Prez.
Biden practically a Pennsylvanian.
And Florida is such a viral disaster, the door is wide open there.
I'd put a lot of resources in getting folks registered and contacted and ready to vote.
Without Florida, Trump has little chance.

I also think Biden's camp has done a masterful job of drawing extended interest in the VP selection.  Every week there's a new presumed frontrunner.  The other week it was definitely Liz.  Last week Rice and Duckworth were sure things.  Now Bass is the hot item.  I still think it will be Kamala, and I think her youth and energy will help Biden.  If it looked like a close election, I would want Biden to make a surprise pick and tap the fabulous AOC!  But I don't think she's needed, and her time will come.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44881 on: July 27, 2020, 01:44:07 PM »

About those riots...

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/?fbclid=IwAR2jeIrEF-icyCO9v84rVfYss58uY-Fo2u1OkYjrGm6mdQafdg3A3Q7C6tg

About those Antifa...

A new database of nearly 900 politically motivated attacks and plots in the United States since 1994 includes just one attack staged by an anti-fascist that led to fatalities. In that case, the single person killed was the perpetrator.

Over the same time period, American white supremacists and other rightwing extremists have carried out attacks that left at least 329 victims dead, according to the database.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44882 on: July 27, 2020, 01:50:37 PM »

Tom Cotton is evil and unnecessary.

The only question is once he’s pulled from his pedestal should he be chucked in a river or dragged behind a truck?

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44883 on: July 27, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »

I'd put a lot of resources in getting folks registered and contacted and ready to vote.

I also think Biden's camp has done a masterful job of drawing extended interest in the VP selection.  Every week there's a new presumed frontrunner.  The other week it was definitely Liz.  Last week Rice and Duckworth were sure things.  Now Bass is the hot item.  I still think it will be Kamala, and I think her youth and energy will help Biden.  If it looked like a close election, I would want Biden to make a surprise pick and tap the fabulous AOC!  But I don't think she's needed, and her time will come.

Or FL and MI
Or FL and WI

Or FL and one of AZ, NC, GA, or OH, for that matter.

But if he takes FL, he will also take PA, MI, and WI. And quite possibly AZ and NC. OH and GA are a bit more of a stretch.

AOC would be a surprise, all right!

She's still 4 years too young to serve.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44884 on: July 27, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »

Bo I know you don't like to debate, but you might want to check AOC's age and the Constitution, before putting her on a Biden ticket in 2020.

She's too young.

And I happen to like AOC's energy and most of her messages, but IMO age aside, she would be a disaster NOW as a VP candidate. She is too easily made a bogey-woman for a lot of moderates and indies, and those are the people you would need in a close election.

She might fly as in  landslide scenario.

YMMV

edit-an echo

heh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:01:48 PM by bankshot1 »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44885 on: July 27, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »

About those riots...

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/?fbclid=IwAR2jeIrEF-icyCO9v84rVfYss58uY-Fo2u1OkYjrGm6mdQafdg3A3Q7C6tg

About those Antifa...

A new database of nearly 900 politically motivated attacks and plots in the United States since 1994 includes just one attack staged by an anti-fascist that led to fatalities. In that case, the single person killed was the perpetrator.

Over the same time period, American white supremacists and other rightwing extremists have carried out attacks that left at least 329 victims dead, according to the database.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

Just on my way to post that.

I thought it would make a good add on, too.

But oddly enough, for all that Ward complains that we don't pay enough attention to the killing of David Dorn, he never says boo about the right wing killers.

And give Bambi this: unlike our other "All Lives Matter" stalwarts, he objects to the death penalty, too.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44886 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:07 PM »

Mitch McConnell... just sit your bitch ass down and shut your mouth.
Pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act you hypocritical bastard!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44887 on: July 27, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »

Mitch McConnell... just sit your bitch ass down and shut your mouth.
Pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act you hypocritical bastard!

Given the latter two observations about him, if he lets it come up for a vote, it will be a big surprise.

OTOH, if he doesn't, maybe McGrath can beat him within an inch of losing the election. Or beyond that.

I would love it if he lost because he is a lying, cheating scumbag.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44889 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:06 PM »

Chief Brian Manley said detectives assigned to the homicide unit detained the man and interviewed him after he called 911 shortly after the shooting. The man said he had shot someone who approached his vehicle during the demonstration and pointed a weapon at him

The victim of the shooting was Garrett Foster, 28, and he died of multiple gunshot wounds.

The chief said after the vehicle turned into a crowd of protesters and was honking its horn, witnesses observed Foster holding an AK-47-type assault rifle and approach the driver's side window as some protesters pounded on the vehicle.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-police-release-man-who-says-he-shot-armed-protester

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #44890 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:25 PM »

Rasmussen Reports   Approve 46, Disapprove 52   Disapprove +6

Trending sharply down.

That's a shift of 6 points from Friday.

AKA: There are no trends in the Rasmussen Reports claim of presidential approval/disapproval, no margin of error published with each announcement, and no substance to the results. Just whatever numbers they think seem apt for a given day.

I noticed a trend of Mondays opening with a large margin and then the margin evens up by friday.  Going back for months.  Makes me question their methodology.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44892 on: July 27, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »

Trending sharply down.

AKA: There are no trends in the Rasmussen Reports claim of presidential approval/disapproval, no margin of error published with each announcement, and no substance to the results. Just whatever numbers they think seem apt for a given day.

I noticed a trend of Mondays opening with a large margin and then the margin evens up by friday.  Going back for months.  Makes me question their methodology.

I left "questioning their methodology" months ago and moved on to, "they don't have methodology, they have dice or a dart board."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44893 on: July 27, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/us/mike-ditka-kneel-anthem-trnd/index.html

Mike Ditka should consider a new life other than public commentary.

While he has a perfect right to say what he things, "America, love it or leave it" was passe 40 years ago. And protesting is about as American as it gets, whether he likes it or not.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44894 on: July 27, 2020, 02:56:02 PM »

Trending sharply down.

I left "questioning their methodology" months ago and moved on to, "they don't have methodology, they have dice or a dart board."

538 approval ratings dip below 40% for the first time since Trump's Government Shutdown:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

I still think it extraordinary that his approvals are as high as that.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 [2993] 2994 2995 ... 4288