Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3477 3478 [3479] 3480 3481 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995044 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52171 on: October 04, 2020, 12:42:29 AM »

Ridiculous CNN headline of the day
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-walter-reed/index.html

I see you're too inept to provide the actual headline in your post.

It is pretty amusing that you get so worked up about CNN headlines on a regular basis.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52172 on: October 04, 2020, 12:58:32 AM »

Second wave is coming. Or is it here?
There were 54,441 positive cases of the coronavirus reported on Friday, the highest single-day case count since Aug.14, when the country recorded just over 64,000 cases, per Johns Hopkins University data.

The country's daily cases peaked on July 16, when 77,362 positive tests were reported.

54K -- that's roughly how many cases China had in Hubei Province, the center of the outbreak.  And more than the whole rest of China.
China = 91,112 total cases.

US surpasses that in 2 days.
Embarrassing and unacceptable.

It's hard to differentiate a 2nd wave when the 1st wave was never contained or properly dealt with.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52173 on: October 04, 2020, 01:03:55 AM »

Ridiculous CNN headline of the day
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-walter-reed/index.html

I see you're too inept to provide the actual headline in your post.

It is pretty amusing that you get so worked up about CNN headlines on a regular basis.

This article has a much better headline than anything on CNN. Juicer tid-bits as well.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/this-is-spiraling-out-of-control-allies-panic-about-trumps-hospital-stay-as-white-house-deflects

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52174 on: October 04, 2020, 01:20:35 AM »

YOU'll be seeing this picture a lot the next few weeks. It's going, uh, viral!! Sorry about the size of it. Had to squeeze Chris Christie in on the right side of the picture.

For the seated guests, I see 3 black people.  AC Barrett's two Haitian kids in the front row, and a black guy in the 4th row on the aisle, two rows behind KellyAnne, and right in the Rona hotspot*.  I'm guessing that's Tim Scott the GOP senator from SC.  Otherwise, it's a whiteout.  * Christie most likely got dosed in the debate prep

I should find something to read about ACB's adoption of two haitian kids.  That's the first likeable thign about her.  I was goign to say the first itnerestign thing, but that she belongs to a Christian cult that advocates speaking in tongues qaulifies as interesting.  Demented, but interesting.

Sidenote: I like that speaking in tongues would be a little more than a curiosity and parlor trick if you didn't have somebody nearby who could interpret.  Hell, it's possibly divinely inspired gibberish, so you gotta translate.  So when someone speaks in tongues, a fellow parishioner explains what the unintelligible means.  It'd be a lot easier if God just spoke through people in English, but you know how older folks get stuck in their ways and stick to Amharic or proto-Syriac.  Which brings up the question, just what language was spoke in the Garden of Eden?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #52175 on: October 04, 2020, 01:36:56 AM »

Which brings up the question, just what language was spoke in the Garden of Eden?

Python?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52176 on: October 04, 2020, 01:48:46 AM »

WH reporters?  Weren't they masked?

Seems that kiid missed or failed Mask 101.
Let me help:

1. One of the first things I learned about face masks, back in January before I even went out and bought a mask (roughly Jan 24) was that face masks are most effective at preventing someone infected and infectious from spreading viral droplets out into public.

2. Which is why you need everyone, or as close to everyone as you can get, to wear a mask, because you don't know who is infectious, and if those infected wear masks you keep the virus largely out of public circulation.  Making other folks mask-wearing much more effective, when there is so little virus in the air to combat.

I think studies have said 80% of people wearing masks is sufficient.  But the closer to 100% the better.  The key thing is for everyone infectious to be wearing a mask, and with pre- and a-symptomatic folks making that an unknown, the default should be everyone wear a mask.

3. Masks are said to be roughly 90% effective at preventing a person from contracting the virus.  They filter out most viral particles from getting into important breather holes.  That's highly effective, but still not 100%.  And if you receive multiple exposures, such as a WH reporter might have, your chance of becoming infected goes up. 

4. Then there's also the issue of transmission via touching a contaminated surface and then touching your face, as well as eye transmission.  Both of which can circumvent mask prophylaxis. 

Now you too will no longer be a dunce.
Go out -- masked -- and put that Trump University degree to work for you!

Otherwise:
With everybody at the WH around them not wearing masks, it's easy to get a false sense of security -- surely the president and his staff are well-protected -- and it starts feeling normal not to mask up and odd to mask up, and so I wouldn't be surprised if reporters lapsed in their mask-wearing and weren't as vigilant as they should have been.  Speculation, but also accords with human nature.

In that WH ACB ceremony, I count roughly 7 people masked up out of 180 seated guests.  Not counting the reporters to the side who are mostly masked up.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52177 on: October 04, 2020, 01:59:26 AM »

Nice Bo. That’s way more good sense than anyone still republican can stand.

Jamie Harrison just beat the crap out of the shattered corpse of Lindsey Graham at the SC Senatorial debate. Brought his own plexiglas shield for his podium. Graham is a known plague fondler after all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:01:47 AM by facilitatorn »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52178 on: October 04, 2020, 02:01:55 AM »

What an incredibly stupid idea to gather most of the WH staff and GOP senators and other GOP influencers (Laura Ingraham!) into a small area -- 180 in total -- and have them all hang out and mingle before and after the ceremony maskless.

Gee, what could go wrong?

More than 14 people close to the White House have tested positive for COVID-19. Names include: Hope Hicks, senior advisor to the president; Bill Stepien, Trump’s campaign manager; and Kellyanne Conway, former White House senior advisor.
That's pretty much the whole inner circle except for Pence and Jared and Rudy.
Where the hell is Jared these days?  Bribing Arabs to make nice with Israel?
What's Rudy up to?  Learning Ukrainian?

Others positive:
Ronna McDaniel, RNC chair
Christie
At least 3 GOP Senators -- with Sen. Mike Lee was hugging everyone at the Rose garden ceremony.  Sen Tillis was actually masked up during the ceremony.

And there likely will be more, plus assorted asymptomatics who don't know they have it.  And since they are GOPers, they'll walk around obliviously spreading the virus masklessly.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:21:47 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52179 on: October 04, 2020, 02:30:59 AM »

From a CNN article:

The incubation period for the virus is estimated to be anywhere between five and 14 days, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the agency's guidelines say that anyone exposed to the virus should quarantine for 14 days.

All the info I read months back was that the incubation period was almost exclusively 3-10 days, with the average being 5.5 days.  While 14 days was considered the maximum period, the % from 11-14 days was pretty negligible.

So as far as I know describing the incubation period as between 5-14 days is highly inaccurate.

It ranges from 2-14 days, but I think something like 95% of cases are 3-10 days.
I'd have to check to get the numbers right, and maybe some info has changed or the newer strains operate slightly differently.   But I don't think 5-14 is a useful or accurate description.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52180 on: October 04, 2020, 03:26:40 AM »

You are talking about GOP herd mentality among the self-rapturing crowd.

SNL grappling with the serious news,

http://youtu.be/vd8G-B3Oyi0

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #52181 on: October 04, 2020, 06:12:46 AM »

Trump looked pale and sickly today.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52182 on: October 04, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »

???
WH reporters?  Weren't they masked?

1) We don't know which reporters it is from that list, or whether they were masked or not.

2) The virus can enter through the eyes, if you have prolonged contact with it.

3) We don't know what space they were given, or what space was maintained throughout the ceremony by those who were infected.

4) We do know that many of the GOP in a attendance ignored Covid protocol before, during and after the ceremony.

hehehehehhhh

5) We do know you can't handle the truth.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #52183 on: October 04, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »

Kind of crazy how the debate already feels like it was a month or two ago.

What an absolutely insane and chaotic presidency this was.

I think in the history books with lists of presidents and such, they'll have to put an * next to *Donald Trump's name

* non-politician, populist-billionaire; when America went completely off the rails.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 11:03:51 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #52184 on: October 04, 2020, 10:51:52 AM »

Biden leads by 10 points as majority of Americans say Trump could have avoided coronavirus: Poll

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/04/biden-leads-by-10-points-majority-of-americans-say-trump-coronavirus-could-have-been-avoided-.html

Just wear a mask and keep a distance. Putting so many people at risk.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 3477 3478 [3479] 3480 3481 ... 4288