Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3472 3473 [3474] 3475 3476 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995467 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52095 on: October 03, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »

If Amy Coney Barrett does not have a full in person confirmation hearing, she can’t be validly confirmed. Even if she’s illegally seated without such a hearing, she’ll be Swiftly removed and the open seat will be filled by the next president. Any court decisions that include her will be invalid without a full in person confirmation hearing.

Senate committees have been having hearings using remote technology.  Is there actually any legal requirement for in person hearings for ACB?  I confess I am short of solid facts on this topic, and am just asking.  What I do know is that if two members of the SJC, both repubes, are absent and too ill to participate in any form, then that would considerably delay the SJC vote on advancing the nominee to the full Senate.  If they simply did not vote, their absence would mean a possible tie on advancement.  Which would mean more waiting. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52096 on: October 03, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »

If Amy Coney Barrett does not have a full in person confirmation hearing, she can’t be validly confirmed. Even if she’s illegally seated without such a hearing, she’ll be Swiftly removed and the open seat will be filled by the next president. Any court decisions that include her will be invalid without a full in person confirmation hearing.

Senate committees have been having hearings using remote technology.  Is there actually any legal requirement for in person hearings for ACB?  I confess I am short of solid facts on this topic, and am just asking.  What I do know is that if two members of the SJC, both repubes, are absent and too ill to participate in any form, then that would considerably delay the SJC vote on advancing the nominee to the full Senate.  If they simply did not vote, their absence would mean a possible tie on advancement.  Which would mean more waiting.

And then Al Haig takes over, right?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #52097 on: October 03, 2020, 02:30:45 PM »

hahaha!  I saw your Al Haig quip yesterday and enjoyed the mental picture of Al rising from his grave just to step in and preserve the republic.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52098 on: October 03, 2020, 02:31:43 PM »

You are right Barton. Members from both sides have zoomed into judicial hearings and votes.

We’ll have to jam their signals and cut their land lines, a small price to pay to maintain justice in this country.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #52100 on: October 03, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »

Yep.  At this point, any wrench tossed into the works is a good wrench.  I learned that from someone high up in our nation's government...

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52101 on: October 03, 2020, 03:08:22 PM »

Will the pit of disease party really push forward the nomination of Typhoid Amy? Aside from God’s obvious displeasure with the pick, she has a warped and broken understanding of the law.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52102 on: October 03, 2020, 03:15:06 PM »

The republican party is a headless chicken.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52103 on: October 03, 2020, 03:30:39 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52104 on: October 03, 2020, 03:39:25 PM »

This harrowing near-death experience will help trump better come to grips with dying defeated and in poverty when his number is finally up.

Meanwhile, back at the headless chicken,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/3/1983199/-As-the-White-House-becomes-the-center-of-an-expanding-outbreak-they-re-doing-not-a-damn-thing

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52106 on: October 03, 2020, 03:49:04 PM »

Ridiculous CNN headline of the day

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-walter-reed/index.html

Trump's gross negligence threatens our national security every fucking day and Elba's village idiot looks to a generally reliable source of information and mocks it.

Kid is a fucking idiot.

here's a headline just for kid

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/donald-trump-would only go to hospital until he was promised he would get all the ice cream he could eat/index.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52107 on: October 03, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »

You are right Barton. Members from both sides have zoomed into judicial hearings and votes.

We’ll have to jam their signals and cut their land lines, a small price to pay to maintain justice in this country.

So, you're advocating domestic terrorism.

Not cool, dude.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52108 on: October 03, 2020, 04:11:50 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52109 on: October 03, 2020, 04:16:20 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3472 3473 [3474] 3475 3476 ... 4288