Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3750 3751 [3752] 3753 3754 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882508 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56265 on: November 07, 2020, 04:48:50 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56266 on: November 07, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »

Maine and Vermont still are the lowest for deaths, as well. New Hampshire is 41st -proximity to eastern MA is a likely factor. Alaska and Hawaii are the 3rd and 4th lowest.

Painting a positive picture of Maine re:  corona virus?  You may wish to check recent developments

Happy to hear Vivek Murthy will be heading Biden's COVID task force.  He's quite solid in my view.

Their recent developments are bad as Maine goes, Kid, but good compared to the bulk of this country, let alone the Dakotas.

Got evidence that says otherwise?!

Maine is currently worse that quite a few places.  About to reach crisis level.  Praying for Vermont now as well.

Stuffy they sure are about their relative good health

So, no. No evidence.

What else is new?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56267 on: November 07, 2020, 05:43:20 PM »

Jodi Lavoie-Carnes, 48, a dental hygienist who lives in Dover, New Hampshire, supported President Trump for re-election. On Saturday, she was shocked and disturbed by the boisterous celebrations of Biden supporters, who had gathered in her town waving profane anti-Trump signs.

The tone was so negative that she wondered what lies ahead for the country.

“I’m like, are you serious?” she said. “The language doesn’t need to be there. My children need to drive by that.”

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.

“Now you’re an elect, so calm them down,” she said. 
  -- NYT

I will offer this olive branch to pro Trump voter:  I kind of agree,  about profane anti-Trump signs and Biden celebrants.   It's possible to celebrate what you see as good things to come for America,  without being a "sore winner. "   That kind of rub-their-faces-in-it stuff isn't going to help reduce the divisiveness or win over anyone who could be a little open to some changes.

Not saying two wrongs make a right but what hapoened to “Fuck your feelings, you snowflakes?”

That's only for them to say to us.

Had the inverse happened, I doubt you would have heard from her.

And it is not as if she's been front and center, pushing for civility or decent treatment of human beings by the Trump administration.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56268 on: November 07, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »

”And while the race between the former vice president and Donald Trump remained too close to call on Thursday evening, it appears Black Americans once again stepped up to give the Democrat the backbone of his support, especially in key battleground states including Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Record turnout among African American voters could be the difference between a Biden win and a Biden loss.

“What we’re all re-learning, both the pundits in DC and uninspired Black voters, is the value of our net worth when we show up at the ballot box,” said Antjuan Seawright, a Democratic strategist in South Carolina. “Even when we’re suppressed, depressed, or misinformed, we still show up.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/05/black-voters-wisconsin-joe-biden

Well, that's not evidence. It is just a supposition that is no different than what you originally asserted.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56269 on: November 07, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »

Jodi Lavoie-Carnes, 48, a dental hygienist who lives in Dover, New Hampshire, supported President Trump for re-election. On Saturday, she was shocked and disturbed by the boisterous celebrations of Biden supporters, who had gathered in her town waving profane anti-Trump signs.

The tone was so negative that she wondered what lies ahead for the country.

“I’m like, are you serious?” she said. “The language doesn’t need to be there. My children need to drive by that.”

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.

“Now you’re an elect, so calm them down,” she said. 
  -- NYT

I will offer this olive branch to pro Trump voter:  I kind of agree,  about profane anti-Trump signs and Biden celebrants.   It's possible to celebrate what you see as good things to come for America,  without being a "sore winner. "   That kind of rub-their-faces-in-it stuff isn't going to help reduce the divisiveness or win over anyone who could be a little open to some changes.

Not saying two wrongs make a right but what hapoened to “Fuck your feelings, you snowflakes?”

That's only for them to say to us.

Had the inverse happened, I doubt you would have heard from her.

And it is not as if she's been front and center, pushing for civility or decent treatment of human beings by the Trump administration.

A Trump supporter back in 1/2019 said:

The shutdown on top of the hurricane has caused Ms. Minton to rethink a lot of things.

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #56270 on: November 07, 2020, 06:07:10 PM »

I'm so tired of the Republicans doing whatever the hell they want while the Dems tiptoe around always worried about how their actions will be perceived.  It's a losing game.  And not the way to shift the pendulum.

You're right.  Playing fair when your opponent doesn't and hoping your opponent will see how fair you are and change their ways is a fairy-tale.

It's the people in the middle,  and I've met quite a few,  who are not so much about having opponents or saying "fuck your feelings" to some group.   They can be watchful and pick up on who is playing fair.   Or offer an olive branch.   It doesn't mean you don't assert your positions,  it just means you see people as humans first.   That's Joe's real strength and I think we're going to see how amazing that is if he can really set the tone and not let it be shouted down by angry trolls and waves of demagoguery. 

Years ago,  my date and I are at a state fair.   A booth with an astrologer.   Me:  that's bullshit.   Her:  cmon,  it'll be a hoot.   We go in.   I forget most of it,  but remember the lady tells me,  You are all about community, wherever you go.   You need harmony. 
Well,  yeah, sort of.   What the fuck are we,  without it?   I can't go take a dump on my neighbors,  just because some of them have one narrow information feed which they don't give much thought,  and are easily frightened.   

It's easy to love my neighbors to the west, because they see nature and life the way I do,  and they care about our little community.  But many of the other neighbors,  I need to learn to see what's good about them,  to offer a hand or an ear when it's requested,  to find common ground.   (we all are opposed to the speeders on Fourth street)   When my yard signs go up,  my Rosebud Sioux friends are cheered,  others nearby fall silent, others still treat me and the spouse like we're still good people even if misguided, because we've shown respect and good will and we keep our long stretch of sidewalk shoveled.   No one questions our right to free expression. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56271 on: November 07, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »

I will say this. At the end of the day the center held, and a MODERATE won this election.

Keep in that in mind when you grab your MAGA hat or put your "Bye, Don" sign on the front lawn.

I’ve been burning trump in effigy on my front lawn every night for four years now. It seems to have helped.

Thank you Phoenix, Vegas, Detroit, Atlanta and Milwaukee for defeating trump and delivering us this great Biden win!

2 to go in Georgia. 3 finished senate races still uncalled. The late breaks blue.

Keep marching.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56272 on: November 07, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56273 on: November 07, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »

That reminds me, a cadre of criminals with a steady history of acting rashly with bad intent still occupies many important positions in the executive branch of the government. It is still at this very moment using its perch to ooze out into wider society as far as it can on the power of stolen influence and prestige. Burn bags is the least of our problems unless the bastards are put in a very short leash.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56274 on: November 07, 2020, 07:59:04 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56275 on: November 07, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »

Smart chick

Should she run for any other office she will get destroyed

Stay in your lane, lass.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56276 on: November 07, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »

Smart chick

Should she run for any other office she will get destroyed

Stay in your lane, lass.

I look forward to your swallowing your foot up to the kneecap, asshole.

People like you predicted she would lose the first time. Then that she would never get reelected.

"Stay in your lane," indeed.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56277 on: November 07, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »

People like you predicted she would lose the first time. Then that she would never get reelected.

Nonsense.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56278 on: November 07, 2020, 08:19:15 PM »

That reminds me, a cadre of criminals with a steady history of acting rashly with bad intent still occupies many important positions in the executive branch of the government. It is still at this very moment using its perch to ooze out into wider society as far as it can on the power of stolen influence and prestige. Burn bags is the least of our problems unless the bastards are put in a very short leash.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56279 on: November 07, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »

The death cult is still in charge.

How much damage will they do on their way out?

They’ve run the bust out and having burned through the assets do they walk away or burn it down?
He can’t bankrupt his way out of this and the donor class has everything they wanted, tax cuts, judges, deregulation and tons and tons of money.

Hope for the best.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-first-executive-orders-measures/2020/11/07/9fb9c1d0-210b-11eb-b532-05c751cd5dc2_story.html

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3750 3751 [3752] 3753 3754 ... 4288