Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3843 3844 [3845] 3846 3847 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612630 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57660 on: November 20, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »

"After several negative tests, I learned I was positive this morning," he said in a statement. "I am feeling good and experiencing very mild symptoms. I will be working from home in Naples until it is safe for me to return to Washington, D.C."
~Rick Scott
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57661 on: November 20, 2020, 12:10:38 PM »

US Supreme Court overturns stay of execution in Texas.

Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan voted against
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57662 on: November 20, 2020, 12:17:20 PM »

And I didn't say you did. I said you are supporting people who made that accusation and have tried to promote their positions.

Chavez is dead, so I dont think anyone blames him

barton

« Reply #57663 on: November 20, 2020, 12:51:40 PM »

T**** seems to have dusted off his party's 1876 playbook on how to steal an election.

Trying to follow this...it was H**** who sold off black enfranchisement (via fed troop withdrawal) in order to get the key electoral votes from T****, right?
Well, yes, but the essential point is the R********* party used their Reconstruction era control over the states to make up and send in different vote totals than the process had resulted in.

Thanks.  I got there, but had to wander through some encyclopedia entries.  Unfortunately, T**** doesn't have any chips like "we'll end Reconstruction for you" and Florida already got its poll tax reinstalled. 

barton

« Reply #57664 on: November 20, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »

Massachusetts is it for Biden.

Looks like NY passed IL for the third spot between when I posted and now, by about 24k votes. MD had a slightly higher percentage than MA for Biden. Nobody touched DC on either side. Can't imagine why the GOP doesn't want them to be a state! "No taxation without representation, except for you folks!"

The GOP winner is Tennessee! Trump's got a 710,000+ bulge there. Texas is at 630k and a bit, and now second. Alabama's at 590k. KY's at 554k. OK's at 516k.

Dang, I wasn't even close.  Ohio margin was something like 470K. 

I would have guessed either Mass or NY for Biden, but Mass makes more sense given those red counties in NY outside of the island.

barton

« Reply #57665 on: November 20, 2020, 01:04:11 PM »

This is hypothetical, but if you look at the number of ex-felons in Florida, 1.4 million, and take the remaining fraction with unpaid court fees (which barred them from voting), which was something like 700,000, and if 60% of them were motivated to vote a Dem ticket....that would have given Biden the state.  He needed around 370,000 more votes. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57666 on: November 20, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »

Dominion Voting Systems committed to attending an oversight hearing in Pennsylvania but backed out at the last moment, lawmakers in the Keystone State said Friday.

The members of the state government committee were looking forward to publicly addressing the plethora of accusations of Dominion Voting Systems in a format which would have allowed open and honest dialogue. I was impressed at what appeared to be the willingness of Dominion Voting Systems to address accusations, and it would have put the 1.3 million Pennsylvanians who used their machines at ease, including myself,” state Rep. Seth Grove, a Republican who chairs of the Government Oversight Committee, said during a press conference.

“Unfortunately, last evening, Dominion Voting Systems lawyered up and backed out of their commitment

Fourteen counties in Pennsylvania use Dominion’s voting systems. Approximately 1.3 million people, or 19 percent of voters, voted in those counties.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57667 on: November 20, 2020, 01:37:54 PM »

And I didn't say you did. I said you are supporting people who made that accusation and have tried to promote their positions.

But she did. Listen to it.

Or don't.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57668 on: November 20, 2020, 01:39:32 PM »

Dominion Voting Systems committed to attending an oversight

Taking a page from Eric Trump's book!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57669 on: November 20, 2020, 01:43:00 PM »

Or don't.

Pretty sure Soros is the target - as the leader of a movement that may be jussssst a bit shady

But also hypothetically DOMINION, who she feels may be benefitting by any candidate that wishes to toss $$ their way.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57670 on: November 20, 2020, 01:44:29 PM »

Taking a page from Eric Trump's book!

Speaking of ET - appears wife Lara may be looking to run for a senate seat in NC

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57671 on: November 20, 2020, 01:57:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/politics/mueller-docs-supreme-court-democrats/index.html

SCOTUS agrees to Dems request to delay oral arguments about the Mueller docs access/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57672 on: November 20, 2020, 01:58:02 PM »

Or don't.

Pretty sure Soros is the target - as the leader of a movement that may be jussssst a bit shady

But also hypothetically DOMINION, who she feels may be benefitting by any candidate that wishes to toss $$ their way.

Can't help yourself from spreading unsubstantiated, evidenceless rumors.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Hugo Chavez Still Dead
« Reply #57673 on: November 20, 2020, 01:59:50 PM »

Giuliani lobbed more wild accusations.
'What we are seeing is massive influence of Communist money from Venezuela, Cuba and likely China,' he said.
'We use largely a Venezuelan voting machine to count our vote,' Giuliani claimed.

POWELL: “The Dominion Voting Systems, the Smartmatic technology software, and the software that goes in other computerized voting systems here as well, not just Dominion, were created in Venezuela at the direction of Hugo Chavez to make sure he never lost an election after one constitutional referendum came out the way he did not want it to come out.”

THE FACTS: No, Dominion does not have any ties to Venezuela, nor does it have a partnership with Smartmatic, according to Eddie Perez, a voting technology expert at the OSET Institute, a nonpartisan election technology research and development nonprofit.

Smartmatic is an international company incorporated in Florida by Venezuelan founders.
That's from the AP.

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Trump-Campaign-Blames-Venezuela-and-Chavez-for-Electoral-Defeat-20201119-0012.html
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57674 on: November 20, 2020, 02:02:31 PM »

Thanks, Bo.

I'd read it, but hadn't gotten back to chasing down when/where.
Pages: 1 ... 3843 3844 [3845] 3846 3847 ... 4288