Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3995 3996 [3997] 3998 3999 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994775 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59940 on: December 12, 2020, 01:34:00 PM »

Also, Alito and Thomas would have denied:
"Motion for preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order or, alternatively, for stay and administrative stay filed by plaintiff Texas."

https://twitter.com/ARandomly2020/status/1337617028069396481?s=20

Randomly non-randomly explicitly misrepresents the situation.

Given what Alito and Thomas said, it is clear where the case would have gone. That is to say:
Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins:
In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a
bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original
jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___
(Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore
grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not
grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

So, filed the complaint? Sure. But "Motion to expedite filed by plaintiff Texas" would have been declined. IOW, the case would not have been heard prior to Monday's votes, which is defacto denying the case, just in a different way than denying standing before a hearing.

Also... "ARandomly" ignores that all of those issues have been heard and reheard on their so-called merits and consistently been found to lack both legal weight and evidentiary substance, despite your denial of the latter point.

1-55, Kid. It's not a coincidence.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #59941 on: December 12, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »

President-elect Joe Biden's choice of an Obama administration insider with no military or health care background to head the Department of Veterans Affairs has been met with a mix of qualified support, non-commitment, and stunned disappointment by veterans groups.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/12/11/steep-learning-curve-muted-response-va-secretary-nominee-veterans-groups.html

Looks like vets are on the backburner again, don't even get a high energy minority member. Just a Joe schmo secondary political hack.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a fresh set of eyes look over things.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59942 on: December 12, 2020, 01:43:50 PM »

I can now personally endorse Boz's "you do not want to get this" -- I find myself, yesterday, in the cohort that gets covid as an intestinal illness,  with general muscle cramps.   It is profoundly unpleasant.   Fuck you,  Kristi Noem.   

(edited later,  for clarification)
Sleep. Not that you aren't going to anyway. I also recommend the purchase of a pulse oxymeter. Be well.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59943 on: December 12, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »

I can now personally endorse Boz's "you do not want to get this" -- I find myself, yesterday, in the cohort that gets covid as an intestinal illness,  with general muscle cramps.   It is profoundly unpleasant.   Fuck you,  Kristi Noem.   

(edited later,  for clarification)
Sleep. Not that you aren't going to anyway. I also recommend the purchase of a pulse oxymeter. Be well.

Damn fellahs!

I still have enough spirituality left in me to pray for your full recoveries and the safety of your loved ones.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59944 on: December 12, 2020, 02:09:53 PM »

For Kid, who keeps obtusely misrepresenting how masks work:
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59945 on: December 12, 2020, 02:10:21 PM »

Imagine - a percentage of ELBA getting COVID

And while masked, I trust.

Fiendish, evil Chinese COVID.

But if only we would have....

If only Trump....

Fuck all that.

Best to you, Barton.  Maybe some of the hate comes out with the vomit.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59946 on: December 12, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »

If only Trump....

Fuck all that.

Best to you, Barton.  Maybe some of the hate comes out with the vomit.

daaaaaammmmnnn.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #59947 on: December 12, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »

Thanks Wiskey and Larry.   Will look into the pulse oxymeter,  though atm the little spike-balls seem to prefer my GI tract.   Which tract spent yesterday and the night trying to leave my body.   Fasting was never easier,  on the plus side.   Pedialyte and weak tea are good stuff (not a sentence I would ever write,  in my right mind).   Really feel pretty blessed that I can breathe,  walk,  and be home with the spouse.   (she is fine -- had a sore throat,  slept more than usual for a couple days,  iron constitution bounced back)

Weird medical fact recalled from pre-med days:  the GI tract is technically not the inside of your body.   It is basically a modified doughnut hole,  an extension of your skin that has specialized cells as it tubes its way through from mouth to anus.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59948 on: December 12, 2020, 03:29:23 PM »

There's an example of it now!

Asshole.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59949 on: December 12, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »

Thanks Wiskey and Larry.   Will look into the pulse oxymeter,  though atm the little spike-balls seem to prefer my GI tract.   Which tract spent yesterday and the night trying to leave my body.   Fasting was never easier,  on the plus side.   Pedialyte and weak tea are good stuff (not a sentence I would ever write,  in my right mind).   Really feel pretty blessed that I can breathe,  walk,  and be home with the spouse.   (she is fine -- had a sore throat,  slept more than usual for a couple days,  iron constitution bounced back)

Weird medical fact recalled from pre-med days:  the GI tract is technically not the inside of your body.   It is basically a modified doughnut hole,  an extension of your skin that has specialized cells as it tubes its way through from mouth to anus.

I'm sorry you have it, glad you can breathe! Hope your spouse continues to be relatively well.

And... as far as I can tell, we have a poster with an anus on either end.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #59950 on: December 12, 2020, 03:44:13 PM »

If only Trump....
Fuck all that.

Try to explain why the USofA has the most Covid cases and the most CV Deaths.

(almost as many as #2 India and #3 Brazil combined, though together they have nearly 5x the US population)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59951 on: December 12, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »

“This lawsuit, Mr. Troupis, smacks of racism,” Justice Jill Karofsky said. “I do not know how you can come before this court and possibly ask for a remedy that is unheard of in U.S. history. … It is not normal.”

https://hillreporter.com/donald-trump-loses-again-wisconsin-supreme-court-rejects-lawsuit-for-being-too-racist-87250

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59952 on: December 12, 2020, 04:05:31 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/us/connecticut-high-schools-black-latino-studies-trnd/index.html

Connecticut is the first state to require high schools to offer Black and Hispanic studies.

Great. They can study how the Spain and Portugal built the African slave trade, and forced religion, language, and culture on indigenous people whom they also enslaved; well, the indigenous people who survived the diseases that they brought with them.

Should go well.

Why wouldn’t it?

YOU know why.

You are insinuating teaching history warts and all will be problematic.

You should back up that insinuation.

“Support your assertions. Don't be like Red or Larry.”

Yeah, right.

Go fuck yourself

I suppose you think you just made an argument.

Delusional Larry fails to grasp the looniest of the left.

All we need to do is look at Burbank, CA schools and their recent banning books like "The Cay" and "Of Mice and Men" and "Huckleberry Finn" to see why things will not go well.

No books were “banned” they’re no longer ‘required reading.’

Because they educate people on the realities of the past. Rewriting the past by eliminated anyone's voice from it is not education. It's inculcation.

The methods employed in the Cultural Revolution in China should not get a foothold here.

Out of the totality of written literature are those the very best books to teach people about the times and places they are set in?

The voice is not eliminated. No longer required and eliminated are not the same thing.

Reading lists get updated and toothless geezers winge about it. This has always been and probably will always be the case. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59953 on: December 12, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »

Yeah, well, I mean, sometimes when you’re a celebrity, they’re worried. If something happens to you, they’re going to examine it more carefully and do everything right,”

“And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab 'em by the pussy”

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59954 on: December 12, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »

Monoclonal antibodies - when you’re a star they let you.

Rudy will be the most popular bottom on his cell block. That’s celebrity of a sort.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 3995 3996 [3997] 3998 3999 ... 4288