Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4094 4095 [4096] 4097 4098 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870298 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #61425 on: December 31, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »

I suppose its better late than never for Red to finally start to understand the risks, but its a damn shame people of his ilk, ignored the risks and intentionally or not, spread the disease and deaths for months.

The disease spread all on its own - and was only going to be stopped via vaccine

This post is not in accordance with science.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:09:10 PM by josh »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #61426 on: December 31, 2020, 06:46:51 PM »

I suppose its better late than never for Red to finally start to understand the risks, but its a damn shame people of his ilk, ignored the risks and intentionally or not, spread the disease and deaths for months.

The disease spread all on its own - and was only going to be stopped via vaccine

How did many other countries control the spread before vaccines?

They listened to scientists and doctors and adopted common sense priciples and they controlled the disease far better than we did

Do examples of cause an effect escape your ability to reason?

What sparked the covid spikes in July and then in September and after Thanksgiving?

Do you think the inability of many Americans to wear masks, practice social distancing, or having tens of thousands attending super-spreaders had anything to do with the spread of the disease?

The disease can spread by itself, or we can make it more difficult for the virus to infect us all.

At one time we had better choices.

Now we are hoping that we can vaccinate the country quickly before we're all infected and the most vulnerable die.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61427 on: December 31, 2020, 06:53:45 PM »

Um...guys...you can email Larry directly your condolences, thoughts, prayers, etc.

Just go to "My Messages" above and send it.

Hope this helps.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #61428 on: December 31, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »

How did many other countries control the spread before vaccines?

No country the size of the USA, with its extreme mobility and its heritage of an independent people who have a habit of ignoring government regulations and directives, has done well with this.

Unless you know differently. If so, please share.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61429 on: December 31, 2020, 07:05:05 PM »

Name me a nation that doesnt want the vaccine.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61430 on: December 31, 2020, 07:09:54 PM »

Name me a nation that doesnt want the vaccine.

Red herring.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #61431 on: December 31, 2020, 07:11:40 PM »

Um...guys...you can email Larry directly your condolences, thoughts, prayers, etc.

Just go to "My Messages" above and send it.

Hope this helps.

Shinbone Star has posted a lit candle...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/12/27/40379/

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #61432 on: December 31, 2020, 07:21:19 PM »

Uh, how many countries qualify?
Maybe India and Brazil ...

China, NZ, Japan, SK, HK, Vietnam, Thailand, Iceland have all done a good job of limiting the spread.  Mainly through high mask compliance.

The simple fact is the USofA had one of the worst responses.  The US would have had many fewer infections, illnesses and deaths if Trump simply said that masks were going to be necessary to protect health and safety.  Most Americans would have accepted such if they saw Trump and other WH officials wearing masks all the time.  Trump also would have looked responsible, caring and like a leader and probably would have won re-election.

80% - 90% mask wearing would have made a significant difference.
Red stupidly still believes (/pretends to believe) that mask wearing is about making the wearer feel superior, instead of being a simple and effective measure to protect others. 

And no the virus doesn't spread on its own.  People spread the virus.  We know how respiratory viruses are transmitted.  A lot could have been done to limit or eliminate the virus.  Imo, Americans wasted a lot of time and energy on the hokey 6' distancing rule and hand-washing.  In the Summer, when cases dropped and were manageable was a perfect time to enforce mask wearing and undertake effective  lockdowns.  Could have eliminated viral transmission during the viruses weakest time, before the seasonal winter wave (and cold weather holidays) arrived.  Hell, Americans are used to taking August vacations.  A full month August lockdown could have eliminated the Virus.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #61433 on: December 31, 2020, 08:09:37 PM »

They really should give Scummo a speaking part ...

Hopefully he's ignoring Chinese officials.
They won't answer the phone and keep hurling insults and implementing trade bans/huge tariffs.
He should wait for China's phone calls or emails.
If they never come, then so be it.
Australian officials making unanswered calls and chasing China like a desperate, jilted lover look like fools.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 08:12:32 PM by bambu. »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61434 on: December 31, 2020, 08:22:24 PM »

China-AUS is going to be a MESS - and there will be no US diplomacy to help.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61435 on: December 31, 2020, 08:26:42 PM »

And no the virus doesn't spread on its own.  People spread the virus. 

We are the VESSEL, yes

We know how respiratory viruses are transmitted.  A lot could have been done to limit or eliminate the virus.  Imo, Americans wasted a lot of time and energy on the hokey 6' distancing rule and hand-washing.  In the Summer, when cases dropped and were manageable was a perfect time to enforce mask wearing and undertake effective  lockdowns.  Could have eliminated viral transmission during the viruses weakest time, before the seasonal winter wave (and cold weather holidays) arrived.  Hell, Americans are used to taking August vacations. A full month August lockdown could have eliminated the Virus.

No.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Child
« Reply #61436 on: December 31, 2020, 08:36:54 PM »

Yes
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #61437 on: December 31, 2020, 08:37:09 PM »

China, NZ, Japan, SK, HK, Vietnam, Thailand, Iceland have all done a good job of limiting the spread.  Mainly through high mask compliance.

China? Nobody really knows, as the government lies.

NZ? Too small to compare to USA.

Japan? A culture of willful compliance with authority exists there. Ask any American who has ever played baseball in Japan.

SK? HK? Vietnam? All too small and too authoritarian countries or with traditionally compliant with authority populations, and none can compare to the USA.

Thailand, Iceland? Seriously? You think they compare to our country in terms of size, mobility, and an independent attitude? HOW?

The simple fact is the USofA had one of the worst responses.

Well, no, you can't say that is a "simple fact", until you can show a country that was similar in size, demographics, and with a similar culture to ours. You want to say the US could have done a better job, that's one thing, but don't do it by comparisons such as these.

They simply don't work.

Maybe you should spend more time here in this country. You might know more about what is really happening in it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #61438 on: December 31, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »

Happy New Year to all you dumb bastards. Be safe, and be well, and best to your families in 2021.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #61439 on: December 31, 2020, 09:03:09 PM »

Hey condescending blowhard.

I thought I made it clear that your qualifications were foolish and useless.

And then pointed out the countries that did well.
Not worrying about your idiotic parameters.
Get over yourself.

China does not have domestic transmissions.
Movie theaters are open and operating at up to 75% capacity.
Crowds, roughly 75% without masks, are everywhere.
Maybe a hundred people gather at each of the big parks in Shanghai to dance every evening.  I haven't worn a mask in 6 months except when required (subway, hospital)  The virus isn't spreading here.  There is no credible source that says it is.  And your line that nobody knows is pure ignorant BS.  Find a source that claims China has CV-19 domestic transmissions (besides a few sporadic cases here and there every few months).

It's interesting that the mess the US finds itself in makes it hard for Americans to even conceive of eliminating the virus.

Trump could have led the US in a fight against viral transmission -- he chose not to.
His followers would have followed along with him.  There was a choice to control the virus or not, and Trump chose not to, opting to politicize the virus.
So your siding with the Trumpeters that the virus was just unstoppable.
Go along with kiid's shrug, what could you do.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 4094 4095 [4096] 4097 4098 ... 4288