Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601946 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8280 on: January 11, 2019, 04:01:34 PM »

A wall is good for the economy, good for security, and could be a beautiful memorable piece of architecture? The Statue of Liberty, The Golden Gate and now the Southern Border Wall.

You mention the Wall and Statue of Liberty in the same sentence?

Liberty is being freed from having people just waltzing into your country because they feel like it...over open/porous borders because your fellow citizens want cheap labor.
No it is not.

Oh yes it is!
Cheap labor, and a totally misguided belief that 'huddled masses' can be accommodated no matter how many and no matter their nature, intent, background, economic situation.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: January 11, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »

If you say so.   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: January 11, 2019, 04:36:05 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/saudi-woman-fleeing-alleged-abuse-heads-for-asylum-in-canada/ar-BBS7EvU?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Saudi woman fleeing alleged abuse heads for asylum in Canada

An 18-year-old Saudi woman who said she was abused by her family and feared for her life if deported back home left Thailand on Friday night for Canada, which has granted her asylum, officials said.

The fast-moving developments capped an eventful week for Rahaf Mohammed Alqunun. She fled her family while visiting Kuwait and flew to Bangkok, where she barricaded herself in an airport hotel to avoid deportation and grabbed global attention by mounting a social media campaign for asylum.

Her case highlighted the cause of women's rights in Saudi Arabia, where several women fleeing abuse by their families have been caught trying to seek asylum abroad in recent years and returned home. Human rights activists say many similar cases go unreported.

#####

Lovely.
Hope she lives a long and happy life in Canada.

And if the trickle becomes a flood?
...every woman not living in a Christian West [America is reportedly 'Post-Christian'] country in future using 'women's rights' as their 'passport' to be resettled in one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:44:04 PM by bambu-wisdom »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: January 11, 2019, 04:38:14 PM »

You might want to talk to analyst/therapist about why you feel threatened by that. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: January 11, 2019, 04:46:38 PM »

You might want to talk to analyst/therapist about why you feel threatened by that.

Do you know how many women there are in non Christian-west countries?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: January 11, 2019, 04:49:09 PM »

You live seven to ten thousand miles away from Canada, you stay in your basement all day, you're pensioner and don't have much time left on this mortal coil (nor, do I) and you don't seem to have any kids.  Why in God's name does Canada's decision scare you so much?   

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: January 11, 2019, 04:52:34 PM »

Ah yes, human rights;

Still torturing people to death in Tennessee [Which is in America]

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/06/tennessee-execution-electric-chair-david-earl-miller

______

But the inmates argued in court that Tennessee’s current midazolam-based process causes a prolonged and torturous death. They pointed to the August execution of Billy Ray Irick, which took about 20 minutes and during which he coughed and huffed before turning a dark purple.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: January 11, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »

I agree.  The death penalty should be abolished.  Your favorite American is a big fan of it.  You should reach out to him. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: January 11, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »

A wall is good for the economy, good for security, and could be a beautiful memorable piece of architecture? The Statue of Liberty, The Golden Gate and now the Southern Border Wall.

Liberty is being freed from having people just waltzing into your country because they feel like it...over open/porous borders because your fellow citizens want cheap labor.
No it is not.

Oh yes it is!
Cheap labor, and a totally misguided belief that 'huddled masses' can be accommodated no matter how many and no matter their nature, intent, background, economic situation.
None of that is liberty.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: January 11, 2019, 05:12:45 PM »

You live seven to ten thousand miles away from Canada, you stay in your basement all day, you're pensioner and don't have much time left on this mortal coil (nor, do I) and you don't seem to have any kids.  Why in God's name does Canada's decision scare you so much?   

We don't have basements, we build homes above ground.
Those basements in America are scary...no big windows, low ceilings [new homes here are now being built with 9ft ceilings].

Nothing scares me anymore, I got my 'three score and ten years on earth'. Now I just have 'preferred options'.
No kids...one too many miscarriages and I said; "No more!".
Judging by the way most of my friends' 30-something kids speak to and treat them, think I dodged a 'bullet'.

We 'raised' the neighbours' kids...they spent 'more' time in our place than they did their own.
"mrs bambu, your soup tastes much better than mommy's".

Got plenty of nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews...for whom I want the best...of course.
My preferred option is that they don't get hacked to death in the street by stab-terrorists...or sent to financial ruin by their country being overrun with welfare-dependant immigrants.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:24:13 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: January 11, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »

I agree.  The death penalty should be abolished.  Your favorite American is a big fan of it.  You should reach out to him.

Most of my favourite Americans have pass on.

MAGA man is certainly no favourite American of mine.
Some of his policies are needed...'border security' being one of them.
He's doing nothing to abolish the death penalty.
Obama did nothing...thought he might...big talker, little doer.
Nor did any before him...which is why it's still operating today.
"It's a matter for the states" just doesn't wash anymore.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: January 11, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »

No it is not.

Oh yes it is!
None of that is liberty.

Mrs. Bambu doesn’t give Bambu any liberty on account of the incidents and misadventures with sheep. He’s been a baaaaad boy. Now he wears a leash and sticks to his curfew and only laps water from his own bowl.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: January 11, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »

This just bobbed up on my screen;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/us-has-signed-off-on-thousands-of-child-bride-requests/ar-BBS7zSi?li=AAgfIYZ&OCID=AVRES000

US has signed off on thousands of child bride requests

The State Department has approved thousands of requests made by older men to bring child or adolescent brides to the country in the past decade, according to an Associated Press report published Friday (Saturday AEDT) and based on government data.

The State Department approved 5,556 requests made from adults who were looking to bring minor spouses or fiancées to the United States and 2,926 requests made by minors that were seeking to have older spouses brought in. The agency also reportedly approved 204 requests made by minors seeking to bring in spouses who were also minors.

barton

« Reply #8293 on: January 11, 2019, 05:50:08 PM »

We 'raised' the neighbours' kids...they spent 'more' time in our place than they did their own.
"mrs bambu, your soup tastes much better than mommy's".   

And they are so manageable once the blowfish toxin kicks in.   

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: January 11, 2019, 05:53:18 PM »

One aspect of Red, explained by science:

Conservative Men Are Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Science Tells Us Why.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/conservatives-afraid-alexandria-ocasio-cortez_us_5c38cb74e4b05cb31c421cc3
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 4288