Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594731 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20385 on: September 18, 2019, 09:40:38 PM »

Colbert vs Warren

Col­bert: You keep be­ing asked in the de­bates: “How are you go­ing to pay for it? Are you go­ing to raise the mid­dle-class taxes?” How are you go­ing to pay for it? Are you go­ing to raise the mid-dle-class taxes?
Warren: So, here’s how we’re going to do this: Costs are going to go up for the wealthiest Americans, for big corporations.
Colbert: Taxes is what you mean by costs?
Warren: Yeah, and hard-working middle-class families are going to see their costs go down.
Colbert: But will their taxes go up?
Warren: But, here’s the thing—
Colbert: But, here’s the thing. I’ve listened to these answers a few times before and I just want to make a parallel suggestion for you about how you might defend the taxes that perhaps you’re not mentioning in your sentence... Isn’t Medicare-for-all like public school? There might be taxes for it, but you certainly save a lot of money on sending your kids to school and do you want to live in a world where kids aren’t educated? Do you want to live in a world where your fellow citizens are dying, even if it costs a little bit of money?
Warren: So, I accept your point and I believe in your point. Health care is a basic human right. We fight for basic human rights, and that’s Medicare-for-all. Everyone gets covered.

Suffice it to say the next 2 minutes was a filibuster from Warren without ever answering the question about tax hikes for people in the middle of the income scale.

As if anyone with a brain had not yet figured it out.

“...and Mexico is going to pay to build the wall!”

Just shut the fuck up.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20386 on: September 18, 2019, 09:43:08 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20387 on: September 18, 2019, 09:59:08 PM »

Colbert vs Warren

Col­bert: You keep be­ing asked in the de­bates: “How are you go­ing to pay for it? Are you go­ing to raise the mid­dle-class taxes?” How are you go­ing to pay for it? Are you go­ing to raise the mid-dle-class taxes?
Warren: So, here’s how we’re going to do this: Costs are going to go up for the wealthiest Americans, for big corporations.
Colbert: Taxes is what you mean by costs?
Warren: Yeah, and hard-working middle-class families are going to see their costs go down.
Colbert: But will their taxes go up?
Warren: But, here’s the thing—
Colbert: But, here’s the thing. I’ve listened to these answers a few times before and I just want to make a parallel suggestion for you about how you might defend the taxes that perhaps you’re not mentioning in your sentence... Isn’t Medicare-for-all like public school? There might be taxes for it, but you certainly save a lot of money on sending your kids to school and do you want to live in a world where kids aren’t educated? Do you want to live in a world where your fellow citizens are dying, even if it costs a little bit of money?
Warren: So, I accept your point and I believe in your point. Health care is a basic human right. We fight for basic human rights, and that’s Medicare-for-all. Everyone gets covered.

Suffice it to say the next 2 minutes was a filibuster from Warren without ever answering the question about tax hikes for people in the middle of the income scale.

As if anyone with a brain had not yet figured it out.

“...and Mexico is going to pay to build the wall!”

Just shut the fuck up.
LOL!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20388 on: September 18, 2019, 10:11:34 PM »

“It appears that the employee whistleblower may lawfully transmit the report in question directly to @RepAdamSchiff and his Senate counterpart upon notifying the DNI of the employee’s intent to do so when the DNI bottles up that report.”

Laurence Tribe on Twitter

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20389 on: September 18, 2019, 10:14:47 PM »

Another global school climate-change protest day this Friday...
'Climate emergency'.
The kids would be far better off staying in school and learning how to spell and write correctly.

Climate change [or whatever they're calling it]...conference in NYC soon...Australia banned from speaking at it.  LOL
Seems only true believers are allowed to speak.
"China will be increasing its carbon emissions by multiples times of what Australia's are." - No1 radio host.
"China and India will be seeking trillions from the 'climate fund'" ...No1 radio host.

"It's a transfer of wealth....
A transfer of wealth from so-called "wealthy countries" to those not so wealthy." -No1 radio host.
Well, hey...if American taxpayers want to give China and India et al billions and trillions for 'climate change', then that is their choice.

I guess these kids should have followed your advice...

https://nmaahc.si.edu/blog/childrens-crusade

If the children had been kept at home they would not have been injured.

At least not that way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: September 18, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »

https://apple.news/AGlC4o8XdRbuennyO2XR4Xg?fbclid=IwAR1lpIfKKEt__RJuTXxFuUWRHzCmUkhJeMLzSf6Xp5PdcFgfYjfOR-LuKCQ

via APPLE.NEWS
Pentagon has warned of dire outcomes if military projects canceled for wall don’t happen — The Washington Post

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: September 18, 2019, 10:43:09 PM »

I’m going to be asking Canadians to forgive me.”

Justin Trudeau

For what?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20393 on: September 18, 2019, 10:46:44 PM »

Justin Trudeau

For what?

For making Melania Trump orgasm by looking at her.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: September 18, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »

Justin Trudeau

For what?

Please do explain.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20395 on: September 18, 2019, 11:05:52 PM »

Justin Trudeau

For what?

Please do explain.

Nothing goes over Ward's head.

His reaction time is too fast.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20396 on: September 18, 2019, 11:20:27 PM »

Justin Trudeau

For what?

Please do explain.

Nothing goes over Ward's head.

His reaction time is too fast.

He wants to bark about the GOP’s latest rat fucking strategy, find black and brown faced images of liberals in order to make them have to deny being racist.

He sucks at this and his sea lion game has gone south.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: September 18, 2019, 11:23:24 PM »

~Shane Claiborne, Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20398 on: September 18, 2019, 11:25:29 PM »

The conservative movement of the last forty years has been nothing but a long term gifting scheme.

If you are still a conservative Republican you’re a Sucker and a Mark.

The case is an important landmark in the government’s efforts to crack down on so-called “scam PACs.” Such PACs are easier than ever to set up in the wake of court rulings like Citizens United and gridlock at the Federal Election Commission, which shut down at the end of August as the retirement of GOP commissioner Matthew Petersen left the body without a quorum.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/kelly-rogers-conservative-pac-fraud-1501931

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: September 18, 2019, 11:27:31 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/18/chicago-police-detective-reynaldo-guevara-framed-teen-report-suggests/2362373001/?fbclid=IwAR3L_MwD06n2ZQDld9-i18SRzaufF7tSI-zmDo42IsNfpXICM2AUDCS8Ark

“Reynaldo Guevara, a now-retired Chicago police detective who investigated Johnson's case, has been accused by more than 51 people of framing them for murder, a 2017 BuzzFeed News investigation reported. At least 19 people have been exonerated in cases investigated by Guevara, according to BuzzFeed.”
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 4288