Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583499 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20670 on: September 22, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »

"If the President is essentially withholding military aid at the same time that he is trying to browbeat a foreign leader into doing something illicit that is providing dirt on his opponent during a presidential campaign, then that may be the only remedy that is coequal to the evil that conduct represents," the California Democrat told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," stopping short of calling on Congress to immediately launch proceedings.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/22/politics/adam-schiff-donald-trump-ukraine-whistleblower-investigation-impeachment/index.html

What the F is this a-hole talking about?

What is he saying that you don’t understand?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #20671 on: September 22, 2019, 09:52:57 PM »

Yeah! What gives? That's less than 280 characters.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20672 on: September 22, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »

"If the President is essentially withholding military aid at the same time that he is trying to browbeat a foreign leader into doing something illicit that is providing dirt on his opponent during a presidential campaign, then that may be the only remedy that is coequal to the evil that conduct represents," the California Democrat told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," stopping short of calling on Congress to immediately launch proceedings.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/22/politics/adam-schiff-donald-trump-ukraine-whistleblower-investigation-impeachment/index.html

What the F is this a-hole talking about?

What, you don’t understand English?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20673 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:13 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/21/politics/senators-home-state-polling/index.html

And then there were 3

Unless maybe we get a West Wing moment and a last minute entry.

Dramaaaaa.......

You really don’t know how this works, do You?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #20675 on: September 22, 2019, 11:46:49 PM »

Entertaining to watch Red regurgitate tired old "nuclear fusion will save us" memes. 

Thing is, we HAVE nuclear fusion.  A successful reactor has been running for the past five billion years, about 93 million miles away, sending us all the energy we need.
You can collect it either by harvesting mechanical energy from the air currents the reactor sets in motion("wind," they call it, except in a musical with Lee Marvin) or by directly harvesting photons in either a thermal converter or a photovoltaic one.   

All that stands in the way of fully tapping into this fusion reactor is the retarded fuckery of small and sclerotic minds. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20676 on: September 23, 2019, 12:25:08 AM »

Entertaining to watch Red regurgitate tired old "nuclear fusion will save us" memes. 

Thing is, we HAVE nuclear fusion.  A successful reactor has been running for the past five billion years, about 93 million miles away, sending us all the energy we need.
You can collect it either by harvesting mechanical energy from the air currents the reactor sets in motion("wind," they call it, except in a musical with Lee Marvin) or by directly harvesting photons in either a thermal converter or a photovoltaic one.   

All that stands in the way of fully tapping into this fusion reactor is the retarded fuckery of small and sclerotic minds.

Yeah but if you have solar energy, how you gonna make money creating entire industries to deal with nuclear waste?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20677 on: September 23, 2019, 12:37:06 AM »

As a lifetime New Yorker who spent a significant part of the eighties in Manhattan and Brooklyn I have loathed Rudy Giuliani since I first covered a presser he did with Al ‘Senator pothole’ D’Amato when they went ‘undercover’ to buy crack. It was the most ludicrous thing I’d seen up to that point until 9/11 when he became ‘America’s Mayor’ for walking the streets and being visible... he had no choice. The Emergency Command Center was supposed to be in Brooklyn but Rudy insisted it be at WTC (which had been terrorist target previously) so it got blown up.

He’s always been an asshole... I hope the New York Bar nails a stake through the Nosferatu’s fucking heart and sends his ass off to purgatory.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/former-federal-prosecutors-call-for-giuliani-to-be-disbarred-possibly-indicted/

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20678 on: September 23, 2019, 01:39:53 AM »

And then there were 3

Dramaaaaa.......

I see perfectly well how this is working.  Kamaka has zero chance

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20679 on: September 23, 2019, 01:41:23 AM »

As a lifetime New Yorker who spent a significant part of the eighties in Manhattan and Brooklyn I have loathed Rudy Giuliani since I first covered a presser he did with Al ‘Senator pothole’ D’Amato when they went ‘undercover’ to buy crack. It was the most ludicrous thing I’d seen up to that point until 9/11 when he became ‘America’s Mayor’ for walking the streets and being visible... he had no choice. The Emergency Command Center was supposed to be in Brooklyn but Rudy insisted it be at WTC (which had been terrorist target previously) so it got blown up.

He’s always been an asshole... I hope the New York Bar nails a stake through the Nosferatu’s fucking heart and sends his ass off to purgatory.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/former-federal-prosecutors-call-for-giuliani-to-be-disbarred-possibly-indicted/

You'll be dead before he

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20680 on: September 23, 2019, 01:49:38 AM »

A 2017 investigation by Politico found that Ukrainian officials not only publicly sought to undermine Trump by questioning his fitness for office, but also worked behind the scenes to secure a Clinton victory.

Sorry, nice try - but here I am

-  Jed Bartlett

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #20682 on: September 23, 2019, 06:28:16 AM »

A 2017 investigation by Politico found that Ukrainian officials not only publicly sought to undermine Trump by questioning his fitness for office, but also worked behind the scenes to secure a Clinton victory.

Wow!  That’s big. What if they invaded voting systems, stole info from the RNC and released it publicly to give the false impression of wrongdoing while conducting a massive disinformation campaign on social media platforms, and the Clinton campaign knew of these efforts while telling no one and actively tried to coordinate with these activities while Clinton herself lied to the American public about what she knows and claims to have no business dealings in the Ukraine when in fact she does.  This could be huge. Surely you’d want some people to go to jail for that, right kiidcarter8?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20683 on: September 23, 2019, 07:45:51 AM »

You'll be dead before he

Could be. So what?

What does my demise have to do with ridding politics of that corrupted pus bucket?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20684 on: September 23, 2019, 07:48:50 AM »

And then there were 3

Dramaaaaa.......

I see perfectly well how this is working.  Kamaka has zero chance

Sounds like a prayer.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 4288