Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995137 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22245 on: October 23, 2019, 02:46:51 AM »

Jon Favreau wrote:

Tomorrow, every GOP member should be forced to answer whether they agree with the White House’s accusation that Bill Taylor is a “radical unelected bureaucrat” who’s part of a “coordinated smear campaign.” Yes or no. Get them on the record.

So, Ward and Kid:

Do you agree with the White House accusation that Bill Taylor is a "radical unelected bureaucrat" who is part of a "coordinated smear campalgn?

Yes or no.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:56:16 AM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22246 on: October 23, 2019, 02:57:14 AM »

I suppose we know the two possible responses from them: denial or just ignoring the question.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: October 23, 2019, 08:13:44 AM »

Do you agree with the White House accusation that Bill Taylor is a "radical unelected bureaucrat" who is part of a "coordinated smear campalgn?

I guess you'd have to take this in three parts.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22249 on: October 23, 2019, 08:25:11 AM »

Thank you, Mr Graham

“We cannot allow future presidents and this president to be impeached based on an inquiry in the House that’s never been voted upon that does not allow the president to confront the witnesses against him, to call witnesses on his behalf, and cross-examine people who are accusing him of misdeeds,” he added.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22250 on: October 23, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »

Always a paragon of sanctimony that "Mr. Graham."
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22251 on: October 23, 2019, 08:37:13 AM »

Pence says Trump to keep promise and bring troops home

Currently working on the permanent ceasefire between Turks and Syrian forces (can you imagine that if we still had troops where we had them?)
There was no need for a cease fire between the Turks and Syria before we abandoned the Kurds and gave.the Turks the green light to invade. Meanwhile Erdogan and Putin met in Sochi. That is where the cease fire and everything to do with Syria will be decided. We are out of it.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22252 on: October 23, 2019, 08:38:24 AM »

But it has nothing to do with keeping the Kurds alive.

They can choose to keep themselves alive
The Fuck they can.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22253 on: October 23, 2019, 08:43:10 AM »

Thank you, Mr Graham

“We cannot allow future presidents and this president to be impeached based on an inquiry in the House that’s never been voted upon that does not allow the president to confront the witnesses against him, to call witnesses on his behalf, and cross-examine people who are accusing him of misdeeds,” he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467007-susan-rice-lindsey-graham-is-a-piece-of-s-t
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22254 on: October 23, 2019, 08:52:17 AM »

Thank you, Mr Graham

I am guessing the piece of shit is fully aware that there will be hearings and an opportunity for Republicans in the House and later the Senate and that what is happening now is staff fact finding. He has a law degree and he knows about discovery. But whinging about process is Trump's only defense at this point.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22255 on: October 23, 2019, 09:12:14 AM »

Always a paragon of sanctimony that "Mr. Graham."

Well, whatever you feel about him - that is the definitive statement on the current matter of impeachment

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22256 on: October 23, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »

It's pretty clear that the lawyer Graham hasn't read the Constitutional provisions about impeachment. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22257 on: October 23, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »

I believe he has - and understands them better than you and your pals

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22258 on: October 23, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »

Very doubtful.  But, as always, you're welcome to put your crack research skills to use with regard to the Constitutional provisions about impeachment.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:39:39 AM by Yankguy1 »

barton

« Reply #22259 on: October 23, 2019, 10:25:06 AM »

Inquiry phase is not the trial phase, KC.  Graham, cracker, knows that. 

If I'm not mistaken, a legal professional, Mr. Lime, already explained that.  Too many letters?
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 4288