Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994845 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22680 on: October 29, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »

First. That ruling is moot in light of the House vote. ( although it is still being appealed)

A House vote has no influence on the validity of a judge's ruling that the inquiry is constitutional without one, or the precedent that ruling sets. 

Second. Impeachment is a political procedure. Read the Constitution.

Your point?  You said the House inquiry is in violation of the Constitution.  You still have not explained how.
The House inquiry is unconstitutional without a House vote.

So you say.  I pointed out that a Federal Judge ruled otherwise.  And am still waiting for your counter argument.
A Federal Judge did no such thing.
Her name is Beryl Howell, she sits on the DC district court and she ruled.that no House vote is required to start an impeachment. Not that you will ever admit that.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22681 on: October 29, 2019, 07:39:24 PM »

The Constitution does not prescribe the process by which the House exercises the power of impeachment.

LOL
It most certainly does.
Nancy Pelosi agrees, finally.
Nyaaah nhaaay nyah I have my fingers in my ears and I cannot hear you!
FIFY.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22682 on: October 29, 2019, 07:42:04 PM »

The Constitution does not prescribe the process by which the House exercises the power of impeachment.

LOL
It most certainly does.
FIFY.
Third Man Melt- Down Theme.
LOL

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: October 29, 2019, 07:50:13 PM »

LOL
It most certainly does.
FIFY.
LOL
Not melting down. Laughing at you.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22684 on: October 29, 2019, 07:52:32 PM »

LOL
It most certainly does.
FIFY.
LOL
Not melting down. Laughing at you.
LOL

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22685 on: October 29, 2019, 08:02:57 PM »

In 1970, House minority leader Gerald R. Ford attempted to initiate impeachment proceedings against Associate Justice William O. Douglas; the attempt included a 90-minute speech on the House floor.[22] The House did not vote to initiate proceedings.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22686 on: October 29, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »

In 1970, House minority leader Gerald R. Ford attempted to initiate impeachment proceedings against Associate Justice William O. Douglas; the attempt included a 90-minute speech on the House floor.[22] The House did not vote to initiate proceedings.

Minority leader. As such he had no power, right or ability to initiate any proceedings on his own.

A resolution is ONE way to initiate impeachment. There is nothing in the Constitution that makes.it the ONLY way.

Pelosi's.actions undercut.the Senate Republicans' last attempt at a principled argument.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: October 29, 2019, 08:31:31 PM »

Minority leader. As such he had no power, right or ability to initiate any proceedings on his own.
  Neither does the Speaker. Article 1 Section 2
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:33:37 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22688 on: October 29, 2019, 08:44:57 PM »

LOL. Don't ever change. We need the laughs.

Nothing in the Constitution indicates you can use a.resolution to start impeachment proceedings either.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: October 29, 2019, 08:58:19 PM »

LOL. Don't ever change. We need the laughs.

Nothing in the Constitution indicates you can use a.resolution to start impeachment proceedings either.
What it does say is the House(the entire body) has the sole power of impeachment.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22690 on: October 29, 2019, 09:27:34 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: October 29, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22692 on: October 29, 2019, 09:37:20 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22693 on: October 29, 2019, 09:47:56 PM »

First. That ruling is moot in light of the House vote. ( although it is still being appealed)

A House vote has no influence on the validity of a judge's ruling that the inquiry is constitutional without one, or the precedent that ruling sets. 

Your point?  You said the House inquiry is in violation of the Constitution.  You still have not explained how.

No.

Impeachment would be constitutionally impossible without a House vote, Ward, but the inquiry into things short of an actual impeachment are not impeachment.

Not even a good dodge.
LOL.
Thanks for proving my point.

No, Dolt.

You claimed that what they were doing was unconstitutional.

It wasn't.

It wasn't an impeachment. Why is that so hard for you to understand?! It was an impeachment inquiry which did not and does not require a vote.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: October 29, 2019, 09:55:45 PM »

So you say.  I pointed out that a Federal Judge ruled otherwise.  And am still waiting for your counter argument.
A Federal Judge did no such thing.

Do you ever get tired of repeating Trumpian dogma and being so dead wrong? These are all different sources, one of which is WSJ.

"Impeachment Inquiry Is Legal, Judge Rules"

"Judge says impeachment inquiry is legal"

"Federal Judge Howell Rules Impeachment Inquiry Is Legal"

"Mueller Grand Jury Materials Must Be Transmitted to Congress, Judge Rules
Judge also rules Democrats’ probes have legal standing as an impeachment inquiry"

(Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Friday validated the legality of the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump and ordered his administration to hand over an unredacted copy of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s report detailing Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell, handing a major victory to the Democratic-led House of Representatives, undercut an argument that Trump’s fellow Republicans have made in attacking the impeachment inquiry. The judge said the House need not approve a resolution formally initiating the effort.

The U.S. Constitution gives the House wide latitude in handling impeachment. Democrats began the inquiry without putting such a resolution to a vote.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 4288