Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995582 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22755 on: October 30, 2019, 03:12:30 PM »

Police records show that 283 people have been killed in the city so far this year, up from 258 at the same time last year. Another 663 have been wounded in shootings, compared to 553 at this time last year.

But our President shouldn't have anything to say about Baltimore.  He should just ignore the city altogether.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22756 on: October 30, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »

How about his offering sympathy and resources of the federal government rather than getting into a spitting match that even you've professed distaste for? He is President after all.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22757 on: October 30, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »

Police records show that 283 people have been killed in the city so far this year, up from 258 at the same time last year. Another 663 have been wounded in shootings, compared to 553 at this time last year.

But our President shouldn't have anything to say about Baltimore.  He should just ignore the city altogether.

Your “president” is as concerned with crime in Baltimore as he was corruption in Ukraine.  He isn’t. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22758 on: October 30, 2019, 04:18:06 PM »

How about his offering sympathy and resources of the federal government rather than getting into a spitting match that even you've professed distaste for? He is President after all.

Mayors of Baltimore and Chicago dont want Trump's help.  So they have said.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22759 on: October 30, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »

Trump hasn't offered help.  And what about the other part of my statement? Kind words and sympathy rather than running down the city and by extension the people who live there?  Needs is 100% right.  Trump doesn't care.   
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22760 on: October 30, 2019, 05:26:51 PM »

Apple is doing some manufacturing in Texas now...

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/09/apples-new-mac-pro-to-be-made-in-texas/

That is what we need, we need to bring jobs to America.

And now Louis Vuitton is manufacturing in Texas....

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/news-opinion/louis-vuitton-moves-production-to-texas

Now I just need to make my movie here in Hollywood, I can put Ariana Grande to work as an actress. That would be awesome.

It is good that the jobs are coming back to the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:32:30 PM by FlyingVProd »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22761 on: October 30, 2019, 06:44:49 PM »

Trump hasn't offered help.  And what about the other part of my statement? Kind words and sympathy rather than running down the city and by extension the people who live there?  Needs is 100% right.  Trump doesn't care.

Kind words don’t get things done

And when Trump goes that way it is seen as insincere
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #22762 on: October 30, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/774788611/police-owe-nothing-to-man-whose-home-they-blew-up-appeals-court-says

Authorities say the suspect stole two belts and a shirt from a Walmart...   

Some days, the law is an ass.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22763 on: October 30, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »

Kind words don’t get things done

And when Trump goes that way it is seen as insincere
Trump has no interest in getting things done. "Baltimore" is a useful foil.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22764 on: October 30, 2019, 07:47:18 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/774788611/police-owe-nothing-to-man-whose-home-they-blew-up-appeals-court-says

Never mind that the perp was trying to kill people with his gun.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:54:28 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22765 on: October 30, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »

Trump has no interest in getting things done.

You're an idiot.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22766 on: October 30, 2019, 07:50:44 PM »

Heh. Oh the irony.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22767 on: October 30, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »

What does one thing have to do with the other?!

The people who owned the home had nothing to do with anything. Why, then, should they suffer from the excesses of the police.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22768 on: October 30, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »

What does one thing have to do with the other?!

The people who owned the home had nothing to do with anything. Why, then, should they suffer from the excesses of the police.
You can chip in if you are so inclined.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22769 on: October 30, 2019, 08:15:07 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/politics/tim-morrison-leaving-white-house/index.html

Morrison was recruited to join the NSC by former national security adviser John Bolton, and his departure has been expected since Bolton was fired in September. A number of Bolton's other allies at the NSC left around the time that he did.

Can't imagine that says anything about his likely testimony.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/politics/vindman-ukraine-aid-trump-investigations/index.html

One of the sources present at the deposition describes Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-New York, as asking questions that seemed to suggest that by meeting with Ukrainian government officials, Vindman -- the point person on the White House National Security Council for Ukraine policy -- was perhaps involved in nefarious deeds. Vindman responded that it was his job to meet with those officials as a representative of the US government.
Zeldin also questioned why Vindman had not carried out the President's order to push for the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens. Vindman said he felt the order was improper, according to that source present at the deposition. Vindman added that he would disregard an improper order from a general, too.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 ... 4288