Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 [1530] 1531 1532 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995942 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22935 on: November 03, 2019, 03:48:36 PM »

Headline I can imagine....

Trump has bollards cut off by reciprocating saw

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22936 on: November 03, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »

You can find all sorts of things reported by deranged trumpist lunatics.

Yep - all the crazies that said he could beat your wet dream Hilary

heh

#facjacksofftoclinton

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22937 on: November 03, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »

I talked with a scientist awhile back on the train about submitting an experiment to UCI, I submitted it once, on tiny paper from a note pad, but the scientist said that I should submit my idea again, and he thinks that my idea might get funding.

UCI has an eye institute, and my idea is that people who are color blind can see better at night, and my idea could be tested at UCI with funding.

The eyes have rods and cones, one detects light, while the other detects color. So, people who are color blind have more of the one that detects light, and less of the one that detects color, and so color blind people can see better at night.

One implication of this experiment would be that the military will not accept color blind people, but if color blind people could see better at night, then color blind people might be perfect for night operations under the cover of darkness. So, maybe there can be special teams for the color blind people.

And I already thought of a name for a television show about a team of color blind special operations people who work under the cover of darkness, the show could be named "Nocturnal."

I need to write up a plan for the experiment and I need to submit it to UCI again.

The scientist whom I spoke with thinks it might get funding. We will see. It could not hurt to submit the idea again.

By the way, the scientist said that experiments for the Star Wars program helped to invent the laser eye surgery, and UCI worked on that.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22938 on: November 03, 2019, 04:46:59 PM »

If you don’t think a president who won a lot of votes should be impeached, you don’t think impeachment belongs in the Constitution at all.

Heh

What?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22939 on: November 03, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »

That doesn’t make Trump’s win illegitimate. The rules are the rules.

Right

But of course those same rules say that Congress has the right to initiate impeachment hearings if it believes the president has committed high crimes and misdemeanors, leaving it to them to define those terms.

Right as well

Doesnt mean we can't call it a waste of time witch hunt.

THANKS indeed for the link

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22940 on: November 03, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »

Must be why you provided the link, just like you did with the "perfect response" to Trump's learning that his wall was not what he had said it was.

I am not here to educate you.  That was your family's job.  (how proud they must be)

You are in fact uneducatable pn these matters.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #22941 on: November 03, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »

Would President Pelosi, Sanders, Warren stand up to NK, Iran, Turkey?  Threaten them with annihilation?

Well, Trump sat down with NK.
Got zero accomplished.

Did Trump stand up to Turkey?
He had to scramble our military out of the way so Turkey could invade, letting Russia and Turkey be the key players in Syria.
Boosts Assad's and Iran's standing there too.
We'll see how that plays out.

Trump has been tough on Iran which I think will backfire, maybe spectacularly so.

You won't like a nuke-armed Iran...is my guess.

There is a permanent Trump-negotiated ceasefire in Syria...Turkey hasn't invaded any further?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22942 on: November 03, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »

I talked with a scientist awhile back on the train about submitting an experiment to UCI, I submitted it once, on tiny paper from a note pad, but the scientist said that I should submit my idea again, and he thinks that my idea might get funding.

UCI has an eye institute, and my idea is that people who are color blind can see better at night, and my idea could be tested at UCI with funding.

The eyes have rods and cones, one detects light, while the other detects color. So, people who are color blind have more of the one that detects light, and less of the one that detects color, and so color blind people can see better at night.

One implication of this experiment would be that the military will not accept color blind people, but if color blind people could see better at night, then color blind people might be perfect for night operations under the cover of darkness. So, maybe there can be special teams for the color blind people.

And I already thought of a name for a television show about a team of color blind special operations people who work under the cover of darkness, the show could be named "Nocturnal."

I need to write up a plan for the experiment and I need to submit it to UCI again.

The scientist whom I spoke with thinks it might get funding. We will see. It could not hurt to submit the idea again.

By the way, the scientist said that experiments for the Star Wars program helped to invent the laser eye surgery, and UCI worked on that.

Salute,

Tony V.

There are many experiments that I can think of to test this hypothesis, and one of them is to take teams into the forest at night to play paint ball wars, and see who wins, if the color blind people all win consistently then you learn something.

And right now the military will not take color blind people, so this effects a lot of people.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22943 on: November 03, 2019, 08:37:54 PM »

If you don’t think a president who won a lot of votes should be impeached, you don’t think impeachment belongs in the Constitution at all.

Heh

What?

English is so challenging.

Let me clarify it for you:
Just because somebody wins a lot of votes does not mean that he is above impeachment.

If you think that his winning a lot of votes means he is above impeachment, then you are suggesting that impeachment should not be in the Constitution.

Got it?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22944 on: November 03, 2019, 08:40:42 PM »

Must be why you provided the link, just like you did with the "perfect response" to Trump's learning that his wall was not what he had said it was.

I am not here to educate you.  That was your family's job.  (how proud they must be)

You are in fact uneducatable pn these matters.

Evidently, everybody is IYNSHO, since it would not be me alone seeing the non-existent link.

No, you're not hear to educate me, numbnuts. But you are supposed to support your claims with evidence and you have provided none.

And since the evidence that you are wrong has been provided, you sound like a blowhard saying crap because you don't like the truth.

Wonder why that might be!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22945 on: November 03, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »

There is a permanent Trump-negotiated ceasefire in Syria...Turkey hasn't invaded any further?

Turkey and Syria have been fighting for at least the last 4 days, Bambi. Do try to keep up.

Or maybe Kid will claim that there are stories to contradict that, but provide none of them.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22946 on: November 03, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »

Kiid thinks fat old rich white men should be treated like gods on earth, without rule or restraint, no matter how huge corrupt scumbags their behavior shows them to be. It’s how he can call what republicans do “winning elections”.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22947 on: November 03, 2019, 08:48:56 PM »

Turkey and Syria have been fighting for at least the last 4 days, Bambi. Do try to keep up.

As they have for years, as Trump was saying.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22948 on: November 03, 2019, 08:54:30 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22949 on: November 03, 2019, 09:01:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 [1530] 1531 1532 ... 4288