Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994893 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23685 on: November 18, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »

One approach Republicans are taking to defend trump (the only approach that will end up being available to them) is OK, Trump did it and its bad, but not impeachable.

Each Republican is of his/her own mind.   They don't get together in a room and decide what to say.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/politics/house-republicans-trump-memo-impeachment-defense/index.html

And of course, you can forget this entirely spontaneous moment that was not at all planned or the result of their getting together in a room on strategy:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/10/23/20929023/house-republicans-impeachment-stunt-trump
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23686 on: November 18, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »

Michelle Malkin is just kiidcarter8's type:

The right-wing commentator Michelle Malkin lost a long-term speaking gig Sunday due in part to her praise of a 21-year-old internet racist.

The organization Young America’s Foundation said it was cutting ties with Malkin and implied in a statement Sunday that it was due to her embrace of racists.

“Michelle Malkin in no longer part of YAF’s campus lecture program,” a spokesperson for the right-wing youth organization told the Daily Beast. The publication noted Malkin had been booked for speeches by YAF’s speakers bureau for 17 years.

“Immigration is a vital issue that deserves robust debate,” YAF said in a statement posted to Twitter. “But there is no room in mainstream conservatism or at YAF for holocaust deniers, white nationalists, street brawlers, or racists.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/michelle-malkin-dropped-by-conservative-campus-org-after-praising-internet-racist

Here you go -

If this is to be her last - listen/educate yourself

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1196152045285175296&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaite.com%2Fpolitics%2Fmichelle-malkin-fired-from-conservative-group-and-condemned-for-backing-alt-right-holocaust-denier%2F

That you think I should listen to a white nationalist in order to educate myself just further confirmation of where your Trump-love comes from, kiidcarter8.  Entirely unnecessary further confirmation.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23687 on: November 18, 2019, 04:54:52 PM »

Two Senators are looking into a whistleblower’s allegations that at least one political appointee at the Treasury Department may have tried to interfere with an audit of President Trump or Vice President Pence, according to two people with knowledge of the matter, a sign that lawmakers are moving to investigate the complaint lodged by a senior staffer at the Internal Revenue Service.

Bring ouuuut yer whistleblowers....

Interestingly, the IRS whistleblower predates the Ukraine whistleblower by about a month.

But yes, one expects that when a couple of them come forward as they have, others who have been merely thinking about reporting the lawlessness would be spurred to action if given confidence their complaints would be acted upon while they are able to remain anonymous.

Which is exactly why Republicans are doing all they can to expose the Ukraine whistleblower and subject them to public scrutiny in order to discourage any more whistleblowers from coming forward to call out the corruption and lawlessness they know full well runs deep in Trump's administration.

The "law and order party" in full effect.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23688 on: November 18, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »

I appreciate that info, Amity.

I like the Ukraine whistleblower.  Just doing what he feels is right.  And no - its not important to me that his name is confirmed.

Important to the party is another question.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23689 on: November 18, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »

One approach Republicans are taking to defend trump (the only approach that will end up being available to them) is OK, Trump did it and its bad, but not impeachable.

Each Republican is of his/her own mind.   They don't get together in a room and decide what to say.

"We are all individuals."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23690 on: November 18, 2019, 05:51:27 PM »

Doesn’t matter what his staff thinks. That’s the point

You think the measure of a leader is having everyone agree with him/her?

Rock on with that

No, Kid, we think that the people one hires should not be actively trying to work around you because they think you are a danger to the country, when you are the president and especially when you "hire the best people."

"No big deal."

So full of shit you are, Kid.

Wasnt talking to you.  Maybe you are Needs' Charlie McCarthy

heh

I don't give a fuck who you think you were talking to.

You didn't send him a message or an email - you posted on a message board in a discussion group, as has been pointed out to you before.

But... regardless of to whom you thought you were speaking, your point is still full of shit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23691 on: November 18, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23692 on: November 18, 2019, 05:58:29 PM »

I appreciate that info, Amity.

I like the Ukraine whistleblower.  Just doing what he feels is right.  And no - its not important to me that his name is confirmed.

Important to the party is another question.

Not remotely a question, unless the party you are referring to are Democrats in case they wanted to have yet another witness to point to Trump’s wrongdoing. 

It is pointless for Republicans.  Their intent is to call out some perception of bias but that wouldn’t call into question the story the whistleblower told when every accusation has been confirmed elsewhere and by other people including by the White House itself.  The Whistleblower could be the chief priestess of the Church of Hillary Clinton whose Upper East Side apartment is festooned with Alexandria Ocasio Cortez campaign gear and Saul Alinsky manifestos with a record of supporting communist causes as an opinion columnist for the student paper at Sarah Lawrence College and it would mean exactly zero. 

All it would give Republicans is a meaningless talking point and create a media narrative that the only valid exposures of Trump’s corruption can come from Republican supporters of Trump otherwise they are invalid.  Which of course would mean there will be no valid exposures of Trump’s corruption. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23693 on: November 18, 2019, 06:06:35 PM »

Rock on with that

No, Kid, we think that the people one hires should not be actively trying to work around you because they think you are a danger to the country, when you are the president and especially when you "hire the best people."

"No big deal."

heh

You didn't send him a message or an email - you posted on a message board in a discussion group, as has been pointed out to you before.

But... regardless of to whom you thought you were speaking, your point is still full of shit.

So convincing, you are.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23694 on: November 18, 2019, 06:11:18 PM »

All it would give Republicans is a meaningless talking point and create a media narrative that the only valid exposures of Trump’s corruption can come from Republican supporters of Trump otherwise they are invalid.  Which of course would mean there will be no valid exposures of Trump’s corruption.

I suppose you speak of Republican members of Congress - and not the conservative media (see Ms Malkin's latest).

Still - you are not 100% right.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23695 on: November 18, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »

I suppose you speak of Republican members of Congress - and not the conservative media (see Ms Malkin's latest).

Still - you are not 100% right.

As already explained to you, I have no interest in “Ms Malkin’s latest.”

If you think there is a valid reason for exposing the whistleblower, post it.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23696 on: November 18, 2019, 06:31:44 PM »

What, they didn't address talking points memoes on West Wing?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23697 on: November 18, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »

Rock on with that

"No big deal."

heh

So convincing, you are.

So substantial your argument is.

But since you  have already admitted that you are a troll, I suppose nobody should be surprised at the drivel you post.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23698 on: November 18, 2019, 06:38:09 PM »

If you think there is a valid reason for exposing the whistleblower, post it.

Heh

Layup.

Republican House members should be able to question this man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23699 on: November 18, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

That's a reason?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 ... 4288