Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583753 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27510 on: February 11, 2020, 07:07:11 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-justice-department/index.html

All four DoJ attorneys on the Stone case have resigned.

LOL away, Ward.
ROFL!
All four were Mueller lackeys who misled the DOJ.
How fucking stupid are you ?

Oooh, right wing rhetoric with no substantiation to it.

I am less stupid than you are, Ward, and less dishonest, too.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #27512 on: February 11, 2020, 07:09:37 PM »

He is certainly in favor of a strong executive branch.

As long as he is on the throne.

He respects no other legal authority.

He's a fascist autocrat with a history of demeaing the office, our democracy and its institutions.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27513 on: February 11, 2020, 07:12:14 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-justice-department/index.html

All four DoJ attorneys on the Stone case have resigned.

LOL away, Ward.
ROFL!
All four were Mueller lackeys who misled the DOJ.
How fucking stupid are you ?

Oooh, right wing rhetoric with no substantiation to it.

I am less stupid than you are, Ward, and less dishonest, too.
Who employed the lackeys?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: February 11, 2020, 07:13:32 PM »

Red likes to be buggered by a clown. It brings him back to his wrestling days.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27515 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »

Looks like Amy's Klobucharging up the polls!
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #27516 on: February 11, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »

Of course, in any other administration JEDI would be a huge scandal. It barely rates a mention in the Trump administration. Red would LOL about using the power of office to steer a 10 billion dollar contract away from a vendor for political reasons. At least since it was Trump.

Hoping the IG can awaken the sleepers a little.   That vendor was the heavy favorite...and Trump's least favorite web services company.   Direct meddling in the bid process by a commander-in-chief?  For reasons of personal animosity towards Bezos?  Just another Tuesday.

BTW,  Josh,  I want to report a poster who is using up all the new Klobuchar portmanteau words before I can get to them.   It's greedy.   

barton

« Reply #27517 on: February 11, 2020, 08:32:37 PM »

He is certainly in favor of a strong executive branch.

As long as he is on the throne.

He respects no other legal authority.

He's a fascist autocrat with a history of demeaing the office, our democracy and its institutions.

Kid found a nicer way to put it.  Because he's nice.   

barton

« Reply #27518 on: February 11, 2020, 08:38:22 PM »

Biden isn't just getting burned...he's getting klobu-charred. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27519 on: February 11, 2020, 09:10:54 PM »

Biden isn't just getting burned...he's getting klobu-charred.

Klobbered.

It's Warrented, though.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27520 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:09 PM »

Looking at the recent Quinnipac poll, I have to again wonder if African-Americans are really a "block."  That concept may have no more coherence than Norwegian-Americans forming a block that supports the Norsk-descended Mayor Pete. 

Per Qpac poll, 22 percent of African Americans nationally favor Bloomberg, and 19 percent favor Sanders, with Biden holding on to 27 percent. (Warren lags with 8 percent, Buttigieg with merely 4 percent.) 

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3655

If you look at numbers, Bloomberg is a bit ahead on numerical lead of Trump, though that's all registered voters, so I don't know how well he does with Likely Voters as a subgroup.  But he's certainly showing that there is no "African-American candidate" in the sense that Joe was styling himself. 

Also, regarding Bloomy, it's interesting that no one is kvetching about agedness in his direction - which could be partly due to looking a bit younger than his chronological age (58 billion buys a lot of antioxidants and Swiss clinic visits), and partly that he hasn't been long months out pressing the flesh, swallowing corn dogs, and getting haggard at day's end.  Or it could be the party is getting acclimated to our new world where people whose age is the statistical lifespan of an American male are no longer a novelty act.  (my father lived to Bloomberg's present age, which wasn't too shabby for a guy who lived early years in the Dust Bowl, then breathed printing chemicals for decades, and smoked almost his entire life)

Told you guys months ago Biden was riding high because he was The Wingman, he was Uncle Joe.
After 2016 it was clear the majority of white people in the nation were good with making America white again. Well DAMN!

Uncle Joe was as comfortable and familiar as an old cardigan. Nice to wear once and a while but threadbare so if you wear it everyday it’ll probably come apart. Joe was safe. We know Joe... we like him anyway.

Bernie would rather be right than win.

Pete is an old guy’s idea of a young guy and he can’t deal straight up with the black folks at home.

Amy Klobuchar would be a good President but not at a time when being nice is not an asset. Only reaching across the aisle I want to see is if there’s a cutlass in hand.

In my opinion Warren would be the best candidate especially if she has Bloomberg slamming Trump all day every day. What’s he gonna do, call her Pocahontas?

No one I know in or out of the biz “likes” or “supports” Bloomberg but like Joe, we know him and he ain’t Trump! 

I’ll take a benevolent despot over a fascist dictator any day.

PoC and everyone who isn’t a straight white male can feel the menace in the air.

My parents told me of Nazis marching through Lindenhurst, NY when they were teenagers and I’ve now TWICE run across fucking Nazis marching through DC.

Bloomberg can go toe to toe with Trump and the GOP donor base, so fuck yeah! Smack that motherfucker around all day and night!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27523 on: February 11, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

Good Lord

You're going backwards, bro.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: February 12, 2020, 01:13:03 AM »

Not too impressive for Bernie to squeak through with less than 1/4 the vote.   He's from right next door.   Very good showing for Pete's sake.   A drubbing for Warren.   Terrific result for Klobuchar.  Gets her in the mix.   Biden is limping along.   Damaged.  He never did anything with his name recognition lead.   Just an empty campaign on a vanity jag.

So are blacks not in favor of female candidates (Hillary, Warren,  Klob, Kamala)?   That's been my impression.   
If in general blacks aren't ready to vote for a woman or hey,  that leaves Biden and Bernie.  Interesting that black haven't supported the progressives,  Warren & Sanders.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 4288