Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599473 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28230 on: March 02, 2020, 04:08:21 PM »

As for the rest of your bullshit, well, given your denial that NC's GOP was racist when even the Roberts Court knew it was racist, your opinion about "how election boards work" is laughable.
Oh now you want to argue gerrymandering? Not Board of elections?
Gee. Can you settle on a topic?

I'm arguing that you're a racist prick defending other racist pricks without a shred of evidence to support your position.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28231 on: March 02, 2020, 04:09:11 PM »

"The White House coronavirus task force is expressing "great concern" there will be more person-to-person transmissions of the disease after two deaths on American soil -- a message that strongly contrasts with President Donald Trump's earlier rosy forecasts about the situation.

"Top administration officials are also going out of their way to show they are ramping up to counter the widening threat as new cases spring up from coast to coast. Trump, for instance, says he plans to meet leaders from the pharmaceutical industry at the White House on Monday to discuss the search for a vaccine. "Progress being made!" the President tweeted."

What's next? "Mission Accomplished??"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #28232 on: March 02, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »

If Kid and Ward had bothered to read the Guardian article...

A Guardian analysis based on that report confirms what many activists have suspected: the places where the black and Latinx population is growing by the largest numbers have experienced the vast majority of the state’s poll site closures.

The analysis finds that the 50 counties that gained the most Black and Latinx residents between 2012 and 2018 closed 542 polling sites, compared to just 34 closures in the 50 counties that have gained the fewest black and Latinx residents. This is despite the fact that the population in the former group of counties has risen by 2.5 million people, whereas in the latter category the total population has fallen by over 13,000.

Pretty clear what's going down,  given the bolded section.   As Larry says,  what's it say about your party's policies when...

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28233 on: March 02, 2020, 04:23:40 PM »

As for the rest of your bullshit, well, given your denial that NC's GOP was racist when even the Roberts Court knew it was racist, your opinion about "how election boards work" is laughable.
Oh now you want to argue gerrymandering? Not Board of elections?
Gee. Can you settle on a topic?

It’s all the same thing. Voter suppression.

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2019/09/16/nc-featured-in-new-national-report-on-polling-site-closures-voter-suppression/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28234 on: March 02, 2020, 04:25:53 PM »

Looks like Mayor Pete will endorse Bidet today in Dallas, along with Vice President Klobuchar.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #28235 on: March 02, 2020, 04:26:36 PM »

I am, by the way, aware of the typo. I just kind of like it.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28236 on: March 02, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »

If Dems want to win they’ll leave the Senator off the ticket.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28237 on: March 02, 2020, 04:33:30 PM »

You wanna know how this nation got so fucked up?

In a nutshell:

http://bostonreview.net/race/jonathan-m-metzl-dying-whiteness

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #28238 on: March 02, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »

Hap Bidets are here again.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #28239 on: March 02, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »

One of the priests at the leper colony in A Burnt-Out Case wants to buy a bidet under the mistaken impression it is a foot bath.

This has been today's tangential Graham Greene moment. Tune in tomorrow for more!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #28240 on: March 02, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »

Ha.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28241 on: March 02, 2020, 04:57:28 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28242 on: March 02, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »

Josh

You show your weakness when saying "racist" or "racism".
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28243 on: March 02, 2020, 05:22:54 PM »

Looks like Mayor Pete will endorse Bidet today in Dallas, along with Vice President Klobuchar.

You're kidding.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #28244 on: March 02, 2020, 05:30:01 PM »

If Dems want to win they’ll leave the Senator off the ticket.
Geography is in her favor. She would be on his short list.
Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 ... 4288