Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1915 1916 [1917] 1918 1919 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599464 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28740 on: March 11, 2020, 12:56:21 PM »

Bernie about to speak.  Should be interesting.

barton

« Reply #28741 on: March 11, 2020, 01:18:17 PM »

I love it when we answer thorny policy problems and the complexities of a modern economy with pointing at polls and crying "see! see!"  All polls show is the number of people fooled by Trump's trickle-down hokum. 

barton

« Reply #28742 on: March 11, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »

The independents Trump already grabbed have plenty of reason to stick with him - as the reasons they DID have come to fruition. 

2.  I don't know what you think has come to fruition under Trump that independents approve of.  I know you won't answer that, as you consistently dodge the question on what Trump has accomplished.

First off, there's that wall that Trump built, with Mexican money.
And that big infrastructure plan that created jobs and started rebuilding the aging country.  There's the deficit he tackled and reduced.  And that improved health care system he replaced Obamacare with.

Independents liked those promises and all were kept ...

How could you omit Trump's amazing success at getting Korea to dismantle their whole long-range nuke and missile program and turn the silos into mushroom farms?

And that trade war that didn't bankrupt a single farmer and prodded China to buy even MORE soybeans from us?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:23:14 PM by barton »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28743 on: March 11, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »

When Trump won the election talk was of how war with N Korea was imminent.

How quick you forget.  He was a MONGER, after all.  A loose cannon.

Turns out he was just a guy who wanted to more properly equip his military - just in case.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28744 on: March 11, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »

The independents Trump already grabbed have plenty of reason to stick with him - as the reasons they DID have come to fruition. 

2.  I don't know what you think has come to fruition under Trump that independents approve of.  I know you won't answer that, as you consistently dodge the question on what Trump has accomplished.

First off, there's that wall that Trump built, with Mexican money.
And that big infrastructure plan that created jobs and started rebuilding the aging country.  There's the deficit he tackled and reduced.  And that improved health care system he replaced Obamacare with.

Independents liked those promises and all were kept ...

How could you omit Trump's amazing success at getting Korea to dismantle their whole long-range nuke and missile program and turn the silos into mushroom farms?

And that trade war that didn't bankrupt a single farmer and prodded China to buy even MORE soybeans from us?

Note as I predicted the continued kiidcarter8 dodge.

I truly wonder at the psychology of a person who writes analysis that is in effect “Independents will stick with Trump because he has done all these wonderful things they love” while being completely unable to note one wonderful thing he has done that independents love.

Like, is he writing this to convince himself?  Or does he think we should all just believe him because he is saying it?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28745 on: March 11, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »

Turns out he was just a guy who wanted to more properly equip his military - just in case.

Dude.  At no time were people more concerned about war with N Korea being imminent than they were when Trump was talking like war (or at least some serious conflict) with N Korea was imminent. 

It turned out that it was a con job that we have now gotten used to seeing from Trump; create a crisis then demand credit when you walk it back to where we were before.

You want to credit him for being responsible when its his own irresponsibility that got us to that point.  You've fallen for the con.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28746 on: March 11, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »

Dude.  At no time were people more concerned about war with N Korea being imminent than they were when Trump was talking like war (or at least some serious conflict) with N Korea was imminent. 

It turned out that it was a con job that we have now gotten used to seeing from Trump; create a crisis then demand credit when you walk it back to where we were before.

You want to credit him for being responsible when its his own irresponsibility that got us to that point.  You've fallen for the con.

Made worse by the fact that North Korea's ambitions on the ballistic missile front have increased since Trump opened that dialogue.  In fact, likely because of it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28747 on: March 11, 2020, 02:21:51 PM »

I truly wonder at the psychology of a person who writes analysis that is in effect “Independents will stick with Trump because he has done all these wonderful things they love” while being completely unable to note one wonderful thing he has done that independents love.

I am not here to be quizzed - or to debate.  Take my posts however you like.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #28748 on: March 11, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »

I might be the king of the dodge, but Kidd is definitely the prince of passive aggression.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28749 on: March 11, 2020, 02:29:14 PM »

I am not here to be quizzed - or to debate. 

Or to make assertions based on fact.

Yes, thanks, kiidcarter8, but we knew that already.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28750 on: March 11, 2020, 02:30:34 PM »

I might be the king of the dodge, but Kidd is definitely the prince of passive aggression.

Sorry, yank, but in Dodge its REDSTATEWARD who is the sheriff, kiidcarter8 his deputy.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #28751 on: March 11, 2020, 03:29:33 PM »

I was just going for major Trump campaign promises that might have attracted independent voters in '16.  Remember that on a number of issues, Trump had a relatively moderate position in comparison to the GOP establishment.

Once in office, there has been plenty Trump has done that might have turned off Indies such as: dirty politics v. Biden; getting impeached for that; condoning racist behavior; acting crass and unpresidential; a highlevel of dishonesty; unwilling to take blame for anything; katrinavirus botching; foreign policy blunders; corruption, nepotism; the number of associates indicted and sent to jail; the high WH turnover and poor selections; etc.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28752 on: March 11, 2020, 03:38:01 PM »

"katrinavirus botching"...

Stay with that one - its your grand opportunity to gain valuable points through fake news now that the Russia hoax is long done.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28753 on: March 11, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »

I was just going for major Trump campaign promises that might have attracted independent voters in '16.  Remember that on a number of issues, Trump had a relatively moderate position in comparison to the GOP establishment.

Right.  That was a key to his snagging independents in 2016.  "No cuts to Medicare and Social Security."

But 2020 budget:  $1.5 Trillion cut from Medicaid, $845 Billion cut from Medicare, $25 Billion from Social Security, along with unpopular cuts to SNAP, student loan programs, etc.

All while cutting taxes on the rich (another thing he said he wouldn't do) and increasing spending on defense.

Trump ran as a wing-nut on social issues, but as a moderate on the economy.  In office he has been radical Right on the later, while using the former to rev up his base of supporters.

A base that then turns around and says "Well, just so many wonderful things have come to fruition during the Trump Administration, I just can't imagine why anyone but lefty radicals wouldn't support him."

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28754 on: March 11, 2020, 03:40:45 PM »

"katrinavirus botching"...

Stay with that one - its your grand opportunity to gain valuable points through fake news now that the Russia hoax is long done.

I'd ask kiidcarter8 how pointing to the well-documented errors and daily falsehoods coming out of the White House are a "hoax" and "fake news" but then, he isn't here to debate, so feels it unnecessary to say things on this forum that are actually true.

Evidenced by his using the phrase "Russia Hoax" to start with.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:43:01 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
Pages: 1 ... 1915 1916 [1917] 1918 1919 ... 4288