Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605982 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #29565 on: March 22, 2020, 11:22:25 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/science/french-researchers-publish-antimalarial-and-antibiotics-combination-that-could-shorten-covid-19

We should be out of our homes and burning trump in effigy in no time.

The administration has no idea what to do or how to do it.

Forgiving that debt is a great idea.

A slumlord slush fund is not. Mitch McConnell is the antithesis of a patriot. Trump is a whiny little bitch.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29566 on: March 22, 2020, 11:35:32 PM »

"The problem is when your unwillingness to push back on false information almost uniformly cuts one way. If you still want to be seen as an objective journalist you can't pass on 90% of lies Democrats tell but confront 90% of lies by Republicans," Twitter user Chris Manning said.

"Translation: 'I knew AOC was lying. I let her lie. Because I wanted to,'" Epoch Times writer Jeff Carlson tweeted.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-jake-tapper-under-fire-after-admitting-he-didnt-fact-check-aoc-on-trump-coronavirus-claim

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #29567 on: March 22, 2020, 11:45:40 PM »

Whiny little bitch.

The fox fantasy is unconvincing as it almost invariably is.

The last thing fox got right was Tucker calling for Burr to step down. Has he done that yet?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29568 on: March 23, 2020, 12:01:39 AM »

I don't know.  But he showed up for the vote today, unlike Bernie Sanders.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #29570 on: March 23, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »

I don't know.  But he showed up for the vote today, unlike Bernie Sanders.

He was not as successful ramming through a vulture’s looting binge on the public coffers as he was on his earlier insider trading.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29571 on: March 23, 2020, 12:30:40 AM »

https://imgur.com/t/the_more_you_know/jfeONpT?fbclid=IwAR21chTDB1M5EpNsmtDF9iM3DMfIuoiFX9eQbAU6Ix-4v8xk19HVdV8kYFw

Exactly

As Trump said today - "it's like nothing anyone has ever seen"

But as Oz said - "maybe we can get it to act more like the flu"

We'll see starting this week.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #29572 on: March 23, 2020, 12:37:34 AM »

The depth of your shit gibbon’s fuckups will be much much clearer by Friday. Little doubt of that.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1930190

The republican caucus should be strung up with bailing wire as a public heath advisory.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29573 on: March 23, 2020, 12:46:41 AM »

It's a very powerful display... and it stops for COVID-19 on March 18th.

Going into 3/23, we're at 14,638 dead, which is Day 82 to Day 83. The Swine Flu of 2009-2010 doesn't hit that many dead until Day 138 (14,571).

Day 138 for us is going to be May 17th.

https://imgur.com/t/the_more_you_know/jfeONpT?fbclid=IwAR21chTDB1M5EpNsmtDF9iM3DMfIuoiFX9eQbAU6Ix-4v8xk19HVdV8kYFw
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29574 on: March 23, 2020, 01:29:31 AM »

Exactly

As Trump said today - "it's like nothing anyone has ever seen"

But as Oz said - "maybe we can get it to act more like the flu"

We'll see starting this week.

I edited my post with this analysis:

It stops for COVID-19 on March 18th.

Going into 3/23, we're at 14,638 dead, which is Day 82 to Day 83. The Swine Flu of 2009-2010 doesn't hit that many dead until Day 138 (14,571).

Day 138 for us is going to be May 17th.

So, Kid...

Do you want to bet whether COVID-19 still ahead of the Swine Flu pace by the end of May, when it's Day 152 and the SF was up to 23,129 dead?

The end of June (Day 182), when the SF was up to 43,628?

Day 213 (what will be the end of July for us) saw that the Swine Flu had tapered off - a mere 59,367 had died.

Day 244 (our end of August) was at 83,472, having picked up again, with a vengeance.

Day 274 (our end of September) was at 125,881.

Day 305 (our end of October) was at 185,851, a staggering 60,000 more dead in just a month.

Day 335 (Our end of November) was at ~225,500.

Yesterday, the world saw 1,631 new deaths. If we (society) can keep it from killing more people per day, that would see a 'mere' 48,930 people die per month. Day 70, the end of May, we'd have 128,808 dead... three months ahead of the Swine Flu.

If we have the proportion of new dead to cases stay constant, it's much worse.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29575 on: March 23, 2020, 01:41:29 AM »

I have no idea what the figures will be vs a flu - all told.  Seems the upcoming treatments should help.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29576 on: March 23, 2020, 02:36:34 AM »

I have no idea what the figures will be vs a flu - all told.  Seems the upcoming treatments should help.

And this is what pisses me off.

COULD, Kid, not "should." We don't have "upcoming treatments." We have "potential treatments."

And the track record we have so far has not shown to be effective on the most serious cases - the ones at the greatest risk of death.

Even if it doesn'y help with those, if it cuts down on the amount of physician time and hospital beds, it is still a win, just not nearly as big a win as you keep suggesting it is.

And... I already pointed this out, but you blew right past it:

In the event that you're right that this discovery does even the minimal amount that it has shown so far, we're already short of the drugs and it will take way more time to get enough out there to make a substantial dent in the numbers by the end of May that I have described.

I would love to be wrong. You cannot imagine how much I would love to be wrong.

Unfortunately, the math is not working that way yet. Maybe if Americans actually stay home. If Italians can get things under control, etc.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #29577 on: March 23, 2020, 07:17:59 AM »

Biden:
“The most important thing, and I’ve actually talked to Barack about this, the most important thing is that it has to be someone who the day after they’re picked is prepared to be president of the United States of America if something happened.”

Good.  That should means Abrams is out. 
Liz should be on the short list, though she's too valuable to waste as Veep.  Unless Biden wants to add Prez to his resume and then resign and hand off 4 years to Warren.  I'd be up for that.

Be interesting if Michelle Obama is on the list.
Biden probably should announce his pick, and then a month or two later let his shortlist leak out with Michelle's name on it.  Maybe during the vetting process Biden can conspicuously stop at the Obama's home to get speculation up. 

Let's hope Biden has smart people running his campaign.  And he can manage strong fundraising without holding too many meet-in-person fundraisers.  Usually people tossing money at a candidate want to get a photo with the candidate for their wall/website and get a few minutes to push their pet project/concern.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #29578 on: March 23, 2020, 07:20:26 AM »

So one Senator has the virus and another senator who was in contact with him can't get tested because he isn't showing symptoms.  Unbelievable.  Are we ever going to get serious about fighting this?  Are we ever going to test everyone who needs to be tested and do appropriate contact tracing? 

Sen. Mike Lee said later Sunday, "Upon learning that my colleague Sen. Paul tested positive for COVID-19, I consulted the attending physician of the U.S. Congress... He advised me that because I have no symptoms or other risk factors, a COVID-19 test was not warranted. However, given the timing, proximity, and duration of my exposure to Sen. Paul, he directed me to self-quarantine for 14 days. That means no traveling or voting. But, I will continue to make sure Utah's voice is heard as we shape the federal response to the coronavirus through phone, text, email and whatever other means are available." A handful of other senators later said they would also self-quarantine.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29579 on: March 23, 2020, 08:50:13 AM »

COULD, Kid, not "should." We don't have "upcoming treatments." We have "potential treatments."

Your glass is about 1/32 full

I stated about 2 weeks back that anti-virals would be used with good result.  And it is of course now quite obviously happening.

Still not a vaccine - thus - combined with its newness - your numbers.

Have a nice day.
Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 4288