Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006711 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32130 on: April 21, 2020, 03:55:41 AM »

It is so funny that you're using this bullshit argument right after you asked your specious question about suing the Chinese, as if you could have identified any individual death then, either!

???

I know.

Too sophisticated a connection for you to manage.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32131 on: April 21, 2020, 04:31:09 AM »

Roy Moore can’t wait for the malls to get back open.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32132 on: April 21, 2020, 07:07:01 AM »

Trump is the fucking blitz and all America is London.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32133 on: April 21, 2020, 07:07:55 AM »

In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States

-  Trump  tweet 10 pm Monday
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/us/coronavirus-live-news.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-coronavirus-national&variant=show&region=MID_MAIN_CONTENT&context=storyline_updates_national#link-f0a49b5

More bullshit from the bullshitter-in-chief. He's shutting immigration because he wants to shut immigration. If it were the "Invisible Enemy" he'd have done it a month ago and more. And the enemy isn't invisible. He appears on television every day, campaigning for next election.

Yeah - he hates brown skins

Now he hates Euros as well.

Simplistic view by you, mod

Where’s the lie?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32134 on: April 21, 2020, 07:13:04 AM »

“Watched the first 5 minutes of poorly rated Morning Psycho on MSDNC just to see if he is as “nuts” as people are saying. He’s worse. Such hatred and contempt! I used to do his show all the time before the 2016 election, then cut him off. Wasn’t worth the effort, his mind is shot!”

— Donald J. Trump

6:19 am 4/21/2020

“It is amazing that I became President of the United States with such a totally corrupt and dishonest Lamestream Media going after me all day, and all night. Either I’m really good, far better than the Fake News wants to admit, or they don’t have nearly the power as once thought!”

— Donald J. Trump

6:40 am 4/21/2020

“I’ve had great “ratings” my whole life, there’s nothing unusual about that for me. The White House News Conference ratings are “through the roof”(Monday Night Football, Bachelor Finale , @nytimes) but I don’t care about that. I care about going around the Fake News to the PEOPLE!”

— Donald J. Trump

6:57 am 4/21/2020
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:20:04 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32135 on: April 21, 2020, 08:47:45 AM »

“I’ve had great “ratings” my whole life, there’s nothing unusual about that for me. The White House News Conference ratings are “through the roof”(Monday Night Football, Bachelor Finale , @nytimes) but I don’t care about that. I care about going around the Fake News to the PEOPLE!”

— Donald J. Trump

6:57 am 4/21/2020

"I care so little about my White House News Conference Ratings that I only mention them a couple times each week!

And I have no fucking clue that it isn't about me, but about the nation in this crisis."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #32136 on: April 21, 2020, 09:47:28 AM »

barton

« Reply #32137 on: April 21, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/theyre-killing-us-texas-residents-161239637.html

January 21, 2021:  a good time to start regulating the Gulf cancer corridors.   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:59:59 AM by barton »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32138 on: April 21, 2020, 11:53:13 AM »

the batshit crazy governor.

Gov. Whitmer is crazy, while Trump is a stable genius.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32139 on: April 21, 2020, 12:10:09 PM »

It is so funny that you're using this bullshit argument right after you asked your specious question about suing the Chinese, as if you could have identified any individual death then, either!

???

Most corona virus deaths are "identified".

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32140 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »

They are both under tremendous pressure - I take back what I said about Whitmer.

But maybe she should do some listening - have a conversation with her mayors.  One can wonder who exactly she is getting her marching ideas from - who SHE is following.  Someone in the national light?  In state?  Combination?  Her God, perhaps?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32141 on: April 21, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »

???

Most corona virus deaths are "identified".

How do you know?

But as much to the point, how do you propose to identify the person or people responsible for a specific individual's death?

It's much easier to identify the person responsible if there is a spike in Georgia deaths - nor do I identify a specific individual. I file a class action lawsuit against the state for its egregious failure to protect the citizenry.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32142 on: April 21, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »

They are both under tremendous pressure - I take back what I said about Whitmer.

But maybe she should do some listening - have a conversation with her mayors.  One can wonder who exactly she is getting her marching ideas from - who SHE is following.  Someone in the national light?  In state?  Combination?  Her God, perhaps?

Maybe she’s following the science, you fucking cretin.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32143 on: April 21, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »

No wonder the GOP threw Sen. Burr under the bus on the stock trading bit and why Trump is freaking on the FBI.

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4.pdf

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32144 on: April 21, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »

faints

As for your stupidly assumption (that she is not listening to her mayors) and your wonder and your questions:
https://www.crainsdetroit.com/economy/michigan-business-leaders-advising-whitmer-orderly-stay-home-order

She also listens to Jim Collins, director of the communicable disease division in the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. He's got a Masters of Public Health Degree in Epidemiology.

Others include "national health experts, including former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former White House health adviser Dr. Zeke Emanuel and doctors from the University of Michigan, Johns Hopkins University and the Harvard Global Health Institute.

Her decision-making team includes Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, the state’s chief medical executive, and Robert Gordon, director of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. DTE Chair Gerry Anderson and retired Henry Ford Health System CEO Nancy Schlichting "

Plus briefings with the White House, conversations with Mike Pence, and oodles of doctors and other constituents.

Not to mention bunches of mayors, including Detroit's, whose city was singled out by Dr. Birx for their "flattening" of the curve.

"The governor's actions are definitely slowing the spread in the out-county areas," GOP political consultant Dan McMaster, a Shiawassee County commissioner in rural, central Michigan told Newsweek. "I'm no fan of hers. I've worked against her [and] her caucus. But for whatever reason, thankfully, she's risen to the occasion."

Maybe you should reconsider who you listen to.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/04/18/royal-oak-mayor-asks-commissioner-who-attended-protest-resign/5161030002/

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/04/07/sterling-heights-michigan-coronavirus

https://www.brightoncity.org/news_detail_T2_R81.php

The mayors, Republican and Democrat both, are a lot less opposed to what the governor is doing than you seem to think.
Pages: 1 ... 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 ... 4288