Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 [2146] 2147 2148 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006542 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32175 on: April 21, 2020, 05:52:18 PM »

https://www.nbcboston.com/investigations/massachusetts-ramps-up-contact-tracing-to-slow-spread-of-coronavirus/2111035/

Contact tracing is vital for returning to any semblance of businesses opening up again.

Ideally - sure.

But businesses will be opening sooner nonetheless.

Which is why I called it Russian Roulette. And why nothing you have written since then has disputed it, merely reinforced it.

They will be opening sooner, regardless of risk. I understand that, even though you seem not to and think since nobody can prove that a given individual (emphasis yours) got it that way, there is no problem for the governor.

You are a callous, insensitive lout.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32176 on: April 21, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32177 on: April 21, 2020, 05:57:45 PM »

Dead horse beaten once again. Your continual flogging of an unsubstantiated study is bordering comic. Everyone, josh included, have acknowledged the French study. With all of the faults. The drug needs further study.

So you refute the numbers from that study?

Or do you think it was just random that such a high number recovered?
Dead horse. It has been explained to you too many times to think you will listen now.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32178 on: April 21, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »

Josh is still on the rag

You are also a sexist pig, in addition to your racist propensities and your general callousness towards the deaths of those less fortunate than you.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32179 on: April 21, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »

Josh is still on the rag since I very early on touted the effective use of antivirals (this before I ever heard of hydrochloroquine) prior to a vaccine being discovered - and at the time - likely due to his naysaying everything - he did so on anti-virals

Not his best moment but forgivable - but this moderator just cannot let go - he naysays the drug ad nauseum even as it helps his neighbors recover more easily from this beast - and even when it saves a relative's life.

Josh is just being Josh.  Let's all move on now.
Your pathological and sycophantic need for Trump to be some.COVID savant does not turn something into a scientifically valid study. Saying we need scientific studies and pointing to the medical and societal effects of harping on an unproven drug is not any saying. Here. Have your sardine.
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #32180 on: April 21, 2020, 06:01:40 PM »

There is no point engaging with someone who cannot understand either the problem with anecdotal data or the purpose of double-blind studies.   Most viral diseases have a high recovery rate when people get medical attention,  bed rest,  and hear that they are receiving useful pharmaceuticals.  If you have a healthcare provider tell someone that jelly beans and vodka will speed recovery,  they will recover more rapidly than they would without any medication,  and ascribe their survival to these miracle drugs.   Literally thousands of studies have demonstrated this psychological effect.   

When I was a pre-med student,  I read a study that found sugar pills were nearly as effective as acetaminophen in treating mild headaches.   One factor was the power of belief in reducing muscle tension, another was that most people drink more water when they take pills... and water is a fairly effective treatment for many headaches.   A lot of people underproduce vasopressin,  a hormone that tells you you're thirsty, and so become dehydrated without sensing it.   Dehydration causes headaches.   

Hope this helps.   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32181 on: April 21, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »

There are still way too many questions outstanding to believe that herd immunity is a good approach/answer:

It's unclear at this point if the virus will become seasonal and reappear next year, how long any immunity will last, and whether viral mutations will make any current immunity useful later.

In China, South Korea, the US, there have been reports of people becoming reinfected (or at least testing positive again) for the virus.  Worrisome and not really understood yet.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #32182 on: April 21, 2020, 06:14:13 PM »

Josh is still on the rag

You are also a sexist pig, in addition to your racist propensities and your general callousness towards the deaths of those less fortunate than you.

There is a point with trolls where they no longer help you sharpen your reasoning and hone arguments.  They just eat up your valuable time and divert you from your true passions and get you to weary yourself with endless repetition of the bloody fucking obvious.   At that point,  and that point might be now,  you have to stop feeding them.  If it helps anyone,  I will pledge to make this my last post concerning the troll.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32183 on: April 21, 2020, 06:21:29 PM »

The four horsemen of the republican party are death, debt, depression, and disunity. In their wake lie endless fields of bone and dust.

Red knows. Kiid knows. They know we know. That’s why their tryings are so sad and desperate these days.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32185 on: April 21, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »

Trump has already surpassed the Vietnam and Korean wars for fatalities and is working through WWI numbers, getting there sometime next week.

The massive undercount is starting to be documented in numerous ways

http://www.salon.com/2020/04/21/can-official-covid-19-death-numbers-be-trusted-funeral-directors-say-no-_partner/

No wonder Kiid wants everyone to take some poison.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32186 on: April 21, 2020, 06:44:26 PM »

As if this year were not bad enough...

MORE information for the GOP to ignore...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/second-coronavirus-cdc-director-robert-redfield/index.html

Next winter could be worse, says the CDC Director.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #32187 on: April 21, 2020, 07:00:13 PM »

There are still way too many questions outstanding to believe that herd immunity is a good approach/answer:

It's unclear at this point if the virus will become seasonal and reappear next year, how long any immunity will last, and whether viral mutations will make any current immunity useful later.
And?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32188 on: April 21, 2020, 07:19:35 PM »

"I worry that our friends and neighbors in Georgia are going too fast too soon," tweeted South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham. "We respect Georgia's right to determine its own fate, but we are all in this together. What happens in Georgia will impact us in South Carolina."

Hey, seems like I'm not the only one worried that Georgia is going too fast.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:58:07 PM by josh »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32189 on: April 21, 2020, 07:29:29 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/884z4g/federal-prison-staff-say-the-government-is-getting-hustled-with-bogus-coronavirus-masks

Any county with a prison should know trump is fucking them to death and vote the bum out.
Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 [2146] 2147 2148 ... 4288