Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2151 2152 [2153] 2154 2155 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006123 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32280 on: April 22, 2020, 03:52:30 PM »

Talking head:

"This election will be about China"

True?

barton

« Reply #32281 on: April 22, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32282 on: April 22, 2020, 04:02:11 PM »

The Whitmer for Biden Veep campaign seems to be on life support.

Forget her unpopular state lockdown orders that led to protests. ( her response was along the lines of Shut Up! Obey!)

She wasn't going to ever be Biden's Veep nor was she campaigning for it.

But sure, her chances got cut in half from 0% down to 0/2%.
Hmmm

On April 1st The Detroit Free Press reported on an appearance by Biden on MSNBC’ s 11th Hour.

On Tuesday's edition of MSNBC's "The 11th Hour," Brian Williams asked Democratic presidential candidate front-runner Joe Biden how many names are on his possible running mate list.
Williams continued with the question, pressing for details, asking specifically "if any of the figures who have  emerged from this coronavirus crisis, thinking specifically of, say, the governor of Michigan, if any of those figures have lengthened the list."
Biden replied, "She hasn't lengthened the list. She made the list in my mind two months ago."

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/television/2020/03/31/joe-biden-gretchen-whitmer-vice-president-list/5101107002/

He also said he would love to have Michelle Obama.

She was never going to be his choice. Too moderate by half.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #32283 on: April 22, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »

There is a new Wellness Center set to open in Orange, and along with helping the homeless and the mentally ill, the center will also help to create good jobs for people.

A lot of the new jobs are for people who help the homeless.

https://bewelloc.org/

And then of course right now all of the restaurants need delivery drivers, etc. The grocery stores are also hiring. And there are jobs for truckers, etc, and postal delivery, etc. And there are jobs in the medical field for nurses, and for doctors, etc.

Those are a few thoughts...

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32284 on: April 22, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-pence-georgia-governor-brian-kemp/index.html

Funny - I don't see a quote in the piece to support this headline

No, they noted that they were told that by somebody familiar with the conversation.

But the conversation came later yesterday after Trump said this of Kemp, publicly:
"He's a very capable man. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done a very good job as governor in Georgia," Trump said.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32285 on: April 22, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »

Forget her unpopular state lockdown orders that led to protests. ( her response was along the lines of Shut Up! Obey!)

I would also point out that there is no evidence Whitmer's lock down was unpopular in general. As opposed to unpopular with a small number of people triggered by Trump.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32286 on: April 22, 2020, 04:37:32 PM »

I would also point out that there is no evidence Whitmer's lock down was unpopular in general. As opposed to unpopular with a small number of people triggered by Trump.

The evidence goes in the opposite direction. Plus her handling of the crisis is seen more positively than Trump's in Michigan.

But none of that matters to either Ward or Kid.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32287 on: April 22, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/coronavirus-live-coverage.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage&fbclid=IwAR3kwMZGzgfkHIsnFFxM-2GsZK79XRyX9NCGwwWnHAqfIGmkjcfhuiiVtwA#link-652aa9c3

How dare he demand science be practiced instead of quackery!

The doctor who led the federal agency involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday that he was removed from his post after he pressed for a rigorous vetting of a coronavirus treatment embraced by President Trump. The doctor said that science, not “politics and cronyism” must lead the way.

Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

Instead, he was given a narrower job at the National Institutes of Health. “I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in a statement to The Times’s Maggie Haberman.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #32289 on: April 22, 2020, 05:02:59 PM »

LOL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32290 on: April 22, 2020, 05:13:05 PM »

Yes.

And also no.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32291 on: April 22, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »

I think Michigan is just as safe for you guys for November as it was previously

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32292 on: April 22, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »

The evidence goes in the opposite direction. Plus her handling of the crisis is seen more positively than Trump's in Michigan.

But none of that matters to either Ward or Kid.

I really don't know what you mean.  Don't care too much about Michigan.  She will move where her conscience leads - as will her populace.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32293 on: April 22, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »

I think Michigan is just as safe for you guys for November as it was previously
I dont care. Those are my family and friends.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32294 on: April 22, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »

LOL!
So as usual you have absolutely nothing to back up your claim.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 2151 2152 [2153] 2154 2155 ... 4288