Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011213 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33315 on: May 04, 2020, 08:41:37 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33316 on: May 04, 2020, 09:02:15 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-coronavirus-update-05-04-20/h_400f0032f7acc01d07cbaac626879331

The WH is now restricting all coronavirus panelists' testimony at congressional (read: House) hearings.
On the bright side, if the Repos hold on the the Senate, President Biden can tell the Senate investigation committees to go fuck themselves and Red and kiid will be just fine with that.

They would say that today, but reverse themselves and shit their pants when/if it happened with a President Biden.

But you were being facetious and know that already.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33317 on: May 04, 2020, 09:03:19 PM »

Former first lady Michelle Obama says in her upcoming Netflix documentary Becoming that it was a “slap in the face’’ that black Americans failed to show up to vote in the 2016 presidential election, according to the New York Post.

“It takes some energy to go high, and we were exhausted from it … when you’re the first black anything,’’ Obama said, referring to her and her husband, former President Barack Obama, of their failed efforts to help elect Hillary Clinton. You know, the day I left the White House, it was painful to sit on that stage, and then a lot of our folks didn’t vote — it was almost a slap in the face,” the former first lady added.
“It wasn’t just in this election, but every midterm, every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up,” she said during another point in the film. After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.

Look, it's Ward pretending to care about Blacks!
Interesting reaction.

We’re 13% of the population yet we’re expected to save white people from themselves time and again.

I view it as happening as a side effect when you save yourselves, rather than as a primary goal.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33318 on: May 04, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »

Those are stats

Now give me correlation

Why?

Just crying racism doesn't cut it.

Expected reaction.

I gave you causation. Had I given you correlation, you would  claimed that was just correlation.

BTW, I did not just give you stats.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4843483/ - "Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3320738/ - "Physicians’ Implicit and Explicit Attitudes About Race by MD Race, Ethnicity, and Gender"

False beliefs about pain tolerance impact treatment in more ways than just analgesics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17594129 - "Implicit bias among physicians and its prediction of thrombolysis decisions for black and white patients." - Sometimes, we can even predict the results of bias in advance of treatment decisions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28492707

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

oilcan

« Reply #33321 on: May 04, 2020, 09:55:36 PM »

Those are stats

Now give me correlation
Oblivious.

Sing a few bars of Cracklin Rose,  black Americans!  Dr. Kid will fix ya up right.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33322 on: May 04, 2020, 10:05:26 PM »

Former first lady Michelle Obama says in her upcoming Netflix documentary Becoming that it was a “slap in the face’’ that black Americans failed to show up to vote in the 2016 presidential election, according to the New York Post.

“It takes some energy to go high, and we were exhausted from it … when you’re the first black anything,’’ Obama said, referring to her and her husband, former President Barack Obama, of their failed efforts to help elect Hillary Clinton. You know, the day I left the White House, it was painful to sit on that stage, and then a lot of our folks didn’t vote — it was almost a slap in the face,” the former first lady added.
“It wasn’t just in this election, but every midterm, every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up,” she said during another point in the film. After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.

Interesting reaction.

We’re 13% of the population yet we’re expected to save white people from themselves time and again.

I view it as happening as a side effect when you save yourselves, rather than as a primary goal.

First thing analysts say after Democrats lose an election is “black turnout wasn’t at historic levels” never mind the fact 90% of their vote went to the party. Never mind all the GOP voter suppression. Fuck! If Democrats could just break even with white people...

I’m sure there are a significant number of folks in retirement homes who wish they could reconsider their voting patterns of the past forty years. But they died last month.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33323 on: May 04, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-vaccine-developed-uk-researchers-effectiveness-july?cmpid=prn_newsstand

It's a press release!

Kid, a vaccine that is available to the public is still at least 7, more likely 8 to 14 months away.

Moderna Therapeutics started their human testing in mid-March. They're hoping to be ready to go with millions of doses at the end of December. I'm skeptical, but sure. Love to see it. If it checks out.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33324 on: May 04, 2020, 10:06:44 PM »

Those are stats

Now give me correlation

Why?

Expected reaction.

I gave you causation. Had I given you correlation, you would  claimed that was just correlation.

BTW, I did not just give you stats.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4843483/ - "Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3320738/ - "Physicians’ Implicit and Explicit Attitudes About Race by MD Race, Ethnicity, and Gender"

False beliefs about pain tolerance impact treatment in more ways than just analgesics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17594129 - "Implicit bias among physicians and its prediction of thrombolysis decisions for black and white patients." - Sometimes, we can even predict the results of bias in advance of treatment decisions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28492707

Pearls before swine...

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33326 on: May 04, 2020, 10:15:19 PM »

Moderna Therapeutics started their human testing in mid-March. They're hoping to be ready to go with millions of doses at the end of December. I'm skeptical, but sure. Love to see it. If it checks out.

Moderna.  Heh.

Operation Warp Speed, indeed.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33327 on: May 04, 2020, 10:22:57 PM »

Interesting reaction.

First thing analysts say after Democrats lose an election is “black turnout wasn’t at historic levels” never mind the fact 90% of their vote went to the party. Never mind all the GOP voter suppression. Fuck! If Democrats could just break even with white people...

Yes, they do, unless first thing is "if only the youth vote came out more!" But it's either of those 1st and the other 2nd.

90% is vital. And yes, higher turnout would be nice, even when it is at record levels! Nor is that the only group.

Breaking even with white folks is hard for the Dems, because of the degree of scared they (we?) are. But the percentage of white folks is dropping every election year, which means that while it would still be great to break even or better, it gets less vital or at least it has seemed to.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33328 on: May 04, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »

Those are stats

Now give me correlation

Why?

Still waiting, with baited breath.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33329 on: May 04, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »

You mean bated.
Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 ... 4288