Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011125 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33375 on: May 05, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »

But anyone who does not think (or claims to not think) we as a country would be in a better place right now during this pandemic if Hillary Clinton was at the helm is too inextricably embedded within the anus of Donald Trump to be worth hearing.

Please expund.

Is it her positive history of assembling and managing people that has you gushing so?

Maybe its her decision making under pressure.

Que', exactly?

Responding to you is a waste of metaphorical breath.

See also: your "thoughtful" responses to the material I provided about racism in the medical field and its impact.

I just need to remember how incredibly worthless you are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33376 on: May 05, 2020, 09:26:14 AM »

The escape-from-a-lab theory at least is plausible, though accidents and sloppiness and unforeseen events happen everywhere.

Well said

It is well documented that China's labs are insecure

How come the rest of the western allies’ intelligence services are calling bullshit on this Trump claim?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33377 on: May 05, 2020, 09:27:35 AM »

Americans will be watching Baseball in South Korea, as our "president" plans on 1,000 deaths per day because implementing the tracking measures and testing to prevent that is just too hard.

MAGA.

And the rest of his administration plans on 3.000 deaths per day.

Right.

Well I guess we can at least be happy that the "president" isn't using twitter to encourage armed insurrection and white nationalism during a critical period of unrest while proposing bleach injections as a possible COVID19 cure.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33378 on: May 05, 2020, 09:32:54 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33380 on: May 05, 2020, 09:36:40 AM »

See also: your "thoughtful" responses to the material I provided about racism in the medical field and its impact.

Missed it - sorry - thanks

Did some of my own research yesterday.  The numbers for African-American - as well as Native-American and Alaskan-American women and children are sad.  Stress seems to be a key factor - and the theory seems to be a racist society is the key contributor.  Cardiovascular disease ties in greatly.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33382 on: May 05, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-nelson-jacobus-never-trump-20200505-o6w35mfyd5ffvk2jeddgfl4x5i-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3VmF-rU7LvJxuopuYHcZ0xK8OBwato_W4nwswIJvk7bDTnD0ctFDguNo4

Now is the time for all good women to come to the aid of their country, by leaving Trump's GOP.

Michelle says you just have to get the vote out

They almost have to name a black woman to the ticket, dont they?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33383 on: May 05, 2020, 09:42:42 AM »

No
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33384 on: May 05, 2020, 09:44:04 AM »

Missed it - sorry - thanks

Did some of my own research yesterday.  The numbers for African-American - as well as Native-American and Alaskan-American women and children are sad.  Stress seems to be a key factor - and the theory seems to be a racist society is the key contributor.  Cardiovascular disease ties in greatly.

Trust me. Life as black people in America is constantly stressful.

But you think on top of everything else voting should be harder for black people because who knows? Unlike MOST white people blacks at least vote for their best interests.

I’d wager there are a lot white folks in nursing homes who would reconsider their voting habits of the last forty years if they knew they’d end up as Covid fodder. Sacrificed on the altar of Trump.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33385 on: May 05, 2020, 09:46:05 AM »

No

It’d be a smart decision if one considers why Joe Biden is the last Democrat standing.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33386 on: May 05, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »

RIP Carroll Ann Mears

Nightly News producer extraordinaire. 

Dementia, not Covid19. Damn shame because she was fucking brilliant.

Rest in power.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33387 on: May 05, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »

Biden has lots of good options.

Warren would help unite the party with the progressives and mollify the Bernie supporters.  She's also tough, competent and has a national profile, so would campaign well, help turnout, help raise money.  Be able to step in if Joe can't make it 4 years.  Negatives: old, and REP Guv of MASS would appoint a temporary senator. Liz is good anywhere, but probably best as a Senate leader.

Kamala:  Young, tough, some national presence, would help turn out minorities.  Hopefully women too.  Negatives: from CA, not that big a national profile.  Might help with CA fundraising.

Klobuchar, Whitmer, the Tammys -- white midwesterners* from the key region.  Whitmer has looked strong and competent and willing to tangle with Trump.
MINN, WIS, ILL.  Klobuchar and Baldwin seem a bit bland and overly moderate to me.  (female Tim Kaine's).  And a moderate Dem is basically a Rockefeller Repub of yore.  *Duckworth with the most compelling personal story, but ILL is only close to the action but not a battleground state.  And it might take some balls/idiocy to select an Asian during the rampant China bashing.

As for picking a female pol from the Midwest, I'd probably go with Whitmer or Klobuchar since they have the national profile and have been in the fray recently.
But really I don't know much about any of them.

Anyway, those are the 3 potential paths Biden can go down.  A progressive, a young black woman, a moderate white midwesterner (or Duckworth).  I'd guess that since Biden committed himself to a woman, he'll probably go the safe moderate regional route.  With Kamala having an outside chance.  I'd be very surprised if he went with Liz.  I think Biden will take the traditional approach of trying to win a region or state with his Veep.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33388 on: May 05, 2020, 10:11:16 AM »

Pretty dumb making that female commitment

barton

Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 ... 4288