Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2241 2242 [2243] 2244 2245 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010584 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33630 on: May 07, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »

CNN having a COW today over Trump not wearing a mask.

Don't read CNN but here's my thought:  you're a leader of a world power.   Masks promote some good hygiene and protection if everyone wears one.   Leaders, in times of crisis, try to set an example to people and show their confidence in the guidelines of health experts.   You're literally standing next to a bin with HUNDREDS OF MASKS.   And you're not wearing one or accepting one.   Let's see if we can think about this choice with some attempt at reason and objectivity, hmm?   

BTW:  I walked into a hardware store today (masks required)  and the PA system was playing "Danger Zone. "
Well, kiid has a point. It is not like Trump wore a tan suit or something.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33631 on: May 07, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »

The above post,  from RSW,  was posted earlier and now has been deleted and reposted,  presumably to move it up the queue.   In any case,  it now dovetails neatly with my "doo process" pun,  so I can only say job well done!   

That said,  I hope this sort of tactic doesn't catch on here.
If I thought kiid or Red gave two fucks about prosecutorial excess in any other context that would be something. But they don't. Constructing a perjury trap to turn a witness was not invented for Flynn. What was invented, apparently, was the Justice Department caring about such things.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33632 on: May 07, 2020, 08:19:23 PM »

Not sure what Palin has to do with death panels.

She coined the phrase you idiot. 

Well - heh - there you go...like I said - had no idea

I have her book but didnt read it.

Check out HBO's Game Change

Juilanne Moore I think played the part.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33633 on: May 07, 2020, 08:22:29 PM »

The above post,  from RSW,  was posted earlier and now has been deleted and reposted,  presumably to move it up the queue.   In any case,  it now dovetails neatly with my "doo process" pun,  so I can only say job well done!   

LOL.
ROFL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33634 on: May 07, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »

Speaking of death

"He's been remorseful since it happened"

Whatever.

Some crimes are so grievous that...  ahh, hell - never mind

I am not trusting this MF to not go off on someone.

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/story/2020-05-06/newport-beach-man-found-guilty-of-killing-toddler-set-free-on-verge-of-death

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33636 on: May 07, 2020, 08:39:45 PM »

If I thought kiid or Red gave two fucks about prosecutorial excess in any other context that would be something. But they don't. Constructing a perjury trap to turn a witness was not invented for Flynn. What was invented, apparently, was the Justice Department caring about such things.
What’s your point, if any?
Eric Holder 11 years ago did the same thing.
Was he accused of “ politicization of the Justice Department “?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33637 on: May 07, 2020, 08:44:44 PM »

Yep. By a poster named Dick Vitale.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33638 on: May 07, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »

Ted Stevens pleaded guilty and allocuted?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33639 on: May 07, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33640 on: May 07, 2020, 09:20:12 PM »

Fair question...

Is every white senior citizen stupid or do they hear in all this talk of war and sacrifice that they’re considered collateral damage and acceptable losses?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33641 on: May 07, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »

No.  He was found guilty by a jury.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33642 on: May 07, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »

"Wait, there was a point? Dang! I missed it!"
~Ward
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33643 on: May 07, 2020, 09:43:44 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/did-just-witness-one-nuttiest-095759283.html

Wait, what?!

Pompeo offered a bounty of $55 million to anybody capturing President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela and four of his top associates?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33644 on: May 07, 2020, 09:53:53 PM »

Welp.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2241 2242 [2243] 2244 2245 ... 4288