Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2243 2244 [2245] 2246 2247 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010688 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33660 on: May 07, 2020, 11:34:57 PM »

Georgia killing

None of you guys gave me this when I asked.  Just seeing it now

Gregory McMichael and Travis McMichael, who are both white, told police they grabbed their guns and hopped in their truck to pursue Arbery after seeing him running in their neighborhood, because they believed he was responsible for several recent burglaries. The father claimed his son got out of the truck holding a shotgun and was attacked by Arbery, according to a police report obtained by ABC News.`

The two men tussled over the firearm before Arbery was shot, as seen in the cellphone video, which was allegedly taken by a bystander

You’re jogging down the street in shorts, tee shirt and sneakers. Two guys zoom up in a pick up truck and one hops out with a shotgun...

You’re walking home with skittles and iced tea and some guy rolls up on you out of the mist...

In both of those situations what would you have done?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33661 on: May 07, 2020, 11:38:38 PM »

More heretofore classified testimony released tonight by the House Intelligence Committee as reported by Fox News:

“I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election,” former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified in 2017.That’s not to say that there weren’t concerns about the evidence we were seeing, anecdotal evidence. ... But I do not recall any instance where I had direct evidence.”

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, according to the transcript of her interview, was asked about the same issue. Power replied: “I am not in possession of anything—I am not in possession and didn’t read or absorb information that came from out of the intelligence community.”
Obama National Security Adviser Susan Rice was asked the same question To the best of my recollection, there wasn’t anything smoking, but there were some things that gave me pause,” she said, according to her transcribed interview, in response to whether she had any evidence of conspiracy. “I don’t recall intelligence that I would consider evidence to that effect that I saw…conspiracy prior to my departure.”

Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch
also said that she did "not recall that being briefed up to me."

Former Acting FBI director Andrew McCabe
replied: “We have not been able to prove the accuracy of all the information.
You don’t know if it’s true or not?” a House investigator asked, to which McCabe replied: “That’s correct.”
And, of course, Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller famously concluded
he and his team found no evidence of criminal conspiracy or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia. .

So how many of of Trump’s capos were tried, convicted, sentenced and in jail?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33662 on: May 07, 2020, 11:40:43 PM »

Georgia killing

None of you guys gave me this when I asked.

Guess what, Kid?

You have the same internet resources that we do.

You want to know state prison demographics? LOOK IT UP.

You want to know what the murders claim? LOOK IT UP.

We are not your * reference librarians!

*fucking
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33663 on: May 07, 2020, 11:46:35 PM »

https://apnews.com/b0963829f22342cb49a00726a97f4c6b

Details some of the fine work and muckraking at various newspapers,  which garnered the Pulitzers.

That as for 2019, right?

Not what the President was talking about.
Yes, it was.

He was talking about the treatment of Flynn, way back when.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33664 on: May 07, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »

Georgia killing

Guess what, Kid?

*fucking

Telling half the story is what you are good at.

Glad the link was to a more comprehensive report.  Thanks to Larry for this.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33665 on: May 07, 2020, 11:50:15 PM »

[/i]And, of course, Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller famously concluded
he and his team found no evidence of criminal conspiracy or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia. .

More evidence that Ward is a lying sack of shit and so is Fox.

Former special counsel Robert Mueller pushed back against U.S. President Donald Trump’s characterizations of his 22-month investigation, telling lawmakers on Wednesday that he did not evaluate “collusion” with the Russian government, and confirming that his report did not conclude that there was “no obstruction” of the probe.

“The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller told the House judiciary committee, adding that Trump could theoretically be indicted after he leaves office.

“We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term,” Mueller added. “Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

What is so hard for you to understand this time?!

Mueller did not say he found no evidence. He did say that there was no evidence that proved that Trump was innocent.

And he cited multiple instances of obstruction.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:54:29 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33666 on: May 07, 2020, 11:51:19 PM »

Headlines - and this forum - would have you believe this man was shot in the back from a distance "as he ran away".

I actually just asked an innocent question - what did the video show?  Answering when not having reason to be caustic wont kill you.  Or maybe you spout before you fully inform yourself.  Not sure which is worse.  Did you know the father's side of the story or not?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33667 on: May 07, 2020, 11:51:49 PM »

Georgia killing

Guess what, Kid?

*fucking

Telling half the story is what you are good at.

Glad the link was to a more comprehensive report.  Thanks to Larry for this.

I'm pretty sure that I told next to nothing about this.

And my telling "half the story" hasn't been your complaint when it comes to the coronavirus numbers.

But I notice that as ever you dodge the issue being pointed out there.

DO YOUR OWN FUCKING HOMEWORK.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33668 on: May 07, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »

Headlines - and this forum - would have you believe this man was shot in the back from a distance "as he ran away".

I actually just asked an innocent question - what did the video show?  Answering when not having reason to be caustic wont kill you.  Or maybe you spout before you fully inform yourself.  Not sure which is worse.  Did you know the father's side of the story or not?

I never even saw your question. Nor did I see the video. But you could have looked at the video. You could still look at the video.

Going from just what you posted, these armed men chased a black man because he was running.

One got out with a shot gun.

And for some peculiar reason, the guy they were chasing with their vehicle felt threatened by them.

Gee, what a shock!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33669 on: May 08, 2020, 12:04:15 AM »

Mouseover text:
"As the 'exotic animals in homemade aprons hosting baking shows' YouTube craze reached its peak in March 2020, Andrew Cuomo announced he was replacing the Statue of Liberty with a bronze pangolin in a chef's hat."

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33670 on: May 08, 2020, 12:22:08 AM »

Details some of the fine work and muckraking at various newspapers,  which garnered the Pulitzers.

That as for 2019, right?

Yes, it was.

Who won the Pulitzer for that?
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33671 on: May 08, 2020, 12:26:10 AM »

Yes we know you are fine with white people hunting down black people .....

Seriously - what the fuck is the matter with you?  I have known you for some time.  Show some respect.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33672 on: May 08, 2020, 12:29:27 AM »

Stephen Moore, a Heritage Foundation economist who informally advises Trump and other administration officials, said in an interview on Monday that he and fellow conservative economist Art Laffer had already sent their policy memo on opening states to the White House last week. The memo was based on a recent Laffer Associates study that Moore says was conducted over the course of “a couple weeks,” and is now in the hands of senior White House staff.

“Our model shows that if we start the opening of the country [right about now], by the end of the summer we could start to see a recovery,” Moore said. “But if we wait until, say, the middle of June, we might have to write off all of 2020. At that point, so much wealth would have evaporated.

Have these assholes ever been right about anything?

Moore is a right wing comedian trying economics as a fall back he is never funny. His economic principles boil down to his idea, which Kid follows religiously, that his life would be easier if he were willfully uninformed about any topic on which he holds forth.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33673 on: May 08, 2020, 12:35:26 AM »

That as for 2019, right?

Yes, it was.

Who won the Pulitzer for that?

Various winners and finalists in 2017 and 2018 won for reports on Trump's administration.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:15:11 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33674 on: May 08, 2020, 12:37:35 AM »

And my telling "half the story" hasn't been your complaint when it comes to the coronavirus numbers.

You actually were, still are telling half the story on Sweden.
Pages: 1 ... 2243 2244 [2245] 2246 2247 ... 4288